Malifaux App Launched!

Lucidicide

iOS update is live.  Version 2.8

General Fixes
- Infamy condition added to the condition list
- Can now view stat cards while offline.
- Issue causing the app to stop at start screen

Upgrade Fixes
- Aethereal Conflux upgrade now allows models with Horseman characteristic to be hired properly
- One Pig Against the World Upgrade can now be attached to War Pig
- Issue with Tara Upgrades - Emptiness

Model Fixes
- Removed the extra ability “Precise” from Guild Austringer
- Aionus’ Bony Fingers Attack Action now displays the proper melee icon in Range instead of “y”
- Corrected base sizes for Candy, The Drowned, Doppleganger, Big Jake, The Guilty, Peasant, Allison Dade, Copycat Killer, and Necropunks
- Scion of the Void has been updated to match errata
- Removed Unimpeded from Cassandra’s ability list
- Jaakuna is now restricted by rarity
- Corrected Defense stat on Moleman
- Issue with Marcus Crew charging mercenary tax for Performer

Known Issues
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2 need to manually give camera permissions for app

• Like 2

I'm still having trouble with this app since last week.  Loads Wyrd trademark graphic then wall paper with white bars at top/bottom but nothing else.  How/where can I ask for help.

Regads,

Scott

PS.  App so far runs great.  Would be nice to have an Exit/Close button.

1 hour ago, JBugman said:

I'm still having trouble with this app since last week.  Loads Wyrd trademark graphic then wall paper with white bars at top/bottom but nothing else.  How/where can I ask for help.

Regads,

Scott

PS.  App so far runs great.  Would be nice to have an Exit/Close button.

Did you update in (if using Android)?

2 hours ago, silverear said:

I tried reinstalling on an iphone without success :-(

Everything should be working.  A check to see if the update was installed is to set your date of your phone to Nov 28th and see fi it starts - if so, then you do not have the updated version.  Otherwise reach out through the app support and we will get you up a running

16 hours ago, AngelRogue said:

If the app is purchased, can upgrades and cards be printed so you don't have to be in your phone all the time?

Gaining ground 2017 had the following 

Stat and Upgrade Cards
Players must physically possess the official up-to-date stat card for each individual model hired or summoned into play and each individual upgrade attached to a model.
The cards may be photo-copied from the book or printed from an official digital release (such as with cards that have official errata).

So that allowed you printing from the ebooks, I can't see why the app would be different

I don't think it actually matters what GG says other than a little more commonality. Individual TOS are going to make whatever decision feels right to them. I personally don't care what GG says I'll allow the app to count, There are others that will say even if GG says the app counts they will require the cards. All posting in GG is going to do is push TOS that don't have a particular opinion to just go with whatever the document says. It's not going to innoculate you 100% from showing up to a tourney and potentially being on the opposite side from whomever is running the event. 

Best to just have both if you want to be certain in any particular event.

15 minutes ago, AngelRogue said:

Can that be verified? I would hate to purchase the app only to find out that I would still need to purchase the upgrades to have card in hand. It would feel like throwing money away. 

Are you talking about physically being able to do it, or about the in game use of it?

You can go and read GG2017 from the resource section of this site (And the text from the final beta is the same. I can't say for certain that it won't change, but I doubt it will. Plus thats the sort of thing that each T.O. makes their own call on (like proxies) so its very few that wouldn't allow it even if it wasn't specified).

I mean does the app actually have a print option for the cards, not a theoretical would it be allowed. I am a new player, so what is allowed at tournaments doesn't really matter to me yet. I just want to know that I'm not throwing away money on something that doesn't give me what I actually want; which is cards in hand and not to be in my phone during play.

At present unless I missed it the app does not have a print function. If you are solely interested for non competitive play, and want physical cards in hand, at present the app is not a good purchase for then printing the cards. 

It is a good reference tool (sort of) for being able to look any model up without having to reference the books, which is useful, but it you want to buy it solely to be able to print physical cards, then no it isn't a good purchase for that reason.

6 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

At present unless I missed it the app does not have a print function. If you are solely interested for non competitive play, and want physical cards in hand, at present the app is not a good purchase for then printing the cards. 

It is a good reference tool (sort of) for being able to look any model up without having to reference the books, which is useful, but it you want to buy it solely to be able to print physical cards, then no it isn't a good purchase for that reason.

Thank you. The app doesn't really sound like it is worth the money. That's too bad though. It would be awesome if you could print the cards from the app.