Best way to counter Rasputina

FinalForm

I liked McCabe against a lot of stuff for a long while. Not at all sure what Rasputina would have in her list these days though.

Put numb to the world on your preferred beater so nothing can paralyze or slow it and make it nimble + some other ability as needed. Now you've pushed it 8"-12" up and it's nimble so it should be able to attack something you want. Peacekeeper is good since I think a lot of her crew doesn't ignore armour (?) (sry, hazy memory). McCabe himself can get stuck in and tie things up, especially if he has Francisco's buff on him he will be really annoying for them to deal with at df 9. That should take care of their worst threats to you so now go run schemes with your dogs and save the day. Or you know... something along those lines.

Are you running counterspell with Sonnia so Raspy can't get her attack through without the right suit? A watcher to ignore LoS for Sonnia is probably a must. Constructs are less susceptible to the Wendigo since it needs living targets and they usually have armour which diminishes Raspy's damage. Play your witchlings safe, you need that condition removal badly. Johan complements them nicely, he is less squishy and I believe he dispels conditions on another suit so you get more chances with your cheat hand. The relic hammer is of course decent if she's running constructs.

Any push or lure type effect can draw things too far forward so she can't use them as mirrors. Sonnia's flamewalls and large bases are also nice for blocking her LoS to the mirrors so she can't choose who she attacks as much.

13 hours ago, The Governor-General said:

Lady. Justice.  Apply directly to the forehead.

I'd say this but focus on just locking her down and getting one big hit through a turn, if theyre spending stones on the trigger theyre not being used for other things.  If you can cheat and stone for a ram, your looking at 9dg with a focus hit, 12 if you red joker. 

Or kill something big while locking her down.  I've down it bwfore where she has engaged raspy and snowstorm, killed snowstorm the one big hit on raspy for the last so.  Then top of 2 hit again and she should be dead.

I always takeImplacable to prevent her and the mirrors walking away, especially if she hasn't taken Armour of December.

• Like 1

Between the greatsword, Justice at the End of a Blade, and quite possibly Focus, before using Acrobatic Assault, that's a double positive to attack, and triple positive to damage on 4/5/7, before stones or cards, and with all the cards you'll flip, you likely won't have to cheat.

If Raspy wants to stone for her trigger, let her, she's not stoning to prevent that 7-9 damage, and she still can't move or cast.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

You could have trouble getting to her with Ice pillars and stuff.

Slingshot justice and acrobatic assault. 

I've never had a problem getting her where she wants to go with a bit of forward planning.  I prefer theabuela/Judge and Emmisary slingshot as if the opponent makes a mistake and puts a scheme marker near Raspy T1 shes no hope of escaping.

If they do manage to hide her or keep her back while casting through shattered mirror id just go for the next big target T1 like Snow Storm or Mech Rider, then move in on her T2.

My group usually has a lot of impassable terrain so well placed ice walls will block several approaches on our tables. Not saying it will entirely impossible to get at her crew but you will expend a lot of movement. Since a buffed Justice ties Raspy for her paralyze spellhanging around her crew could turn bad for you. She shouldn't be able to protect them all I guess.