Who do you take quellers against?

4thstringer

4 hours ago, Tris said:

Not sure, their abilities and actions seem quite useful, but they get so much better when you know exactly what the opponent will play, and I have the feeling you would need two of them in a list to get the most.

Tested 1 and 2 quellers. 
1 queller is a very good option vs arcanists (Kaeris, Sandeep, Tony with 3 ox mages, and Ramos) due to ignor of armor and arcane shielding. Neverborn are kinda depended on their in-built suits, so queller works good vs them too. And you can slam dat wildgeist easy. I did not tested quellers vs resers, but it seems they can work well vs summon based on in-built crows and vs rotten belles. In other cases quellers are pretty meh for 6 ss.  

2 are too much in almost any matchup. 12 ss for almost same level of impact as 6ss.

It is even harder to put this guys in lists after I tried Jury+2 austringers (in fact now i have problems with putting anything in lists, because I love this combo too much and it will kill me one day). I still think 1 queller is  almost autoinclude vs Nevers, Resers and Arcanists. In other cases abuse Juri+austringers XD

• Like 1

Queller ,like all' new guild models are very good.But they are not OP.

At start you Need a tome in hand ,second in strategy or against crew that play an open formation,they’re main utility became useful.

Enchant weapon is also good,but it’s only non-master,so Sonnia,Justice and Perdita cannot use this,and then is good only against crew that have lot of models like that,and provide a good item for guild lists without Ca(to ignore incorporeal).

Is good against Resser and Arcanist,but suppression marker are easy to evade,and if they became suddenly strong,a Queller isn’t too hard to Kill...

The restraining wand targets defense, which is a stat most big bruisers are deficient, or at best average in.  I can see the Queller earning its points if it shuts down Howard Langston or Nekima for a turn.

One of Sonnia's new upgrades, Cherufe's Parting Gift, allows Witch Hunters to chain activate.  You could use a Queller to drop a Suppression Marker, then chain activate another model to target someone like Dreamer or Ironsides who depends on build in Df triggers.

Yes but it’s a combo that cost 9Ss(Francisco)+6 Ss of the Queller.

you spend 15 soulstone to try it.

And if you’re opponent hasn’t crew that suffer this combo?And if you’re opponent use a soul stone to add a suit?

And if you’re opponent kill Francisco?I don’t think that it’s a super combo...

Then ,restraint wand is Ca5...not properly a good casting.It’s ok.

Then ,if you leave Von Schill in range of a Francisco Flurry...are you that have do a big big mistake,nor the quelled that is OP.Leave a master near a model that can flurry is never a good choice ,independent by who make flurry.

If your master can reduce the first three points of each attack or something it isn't too bad. Francisco is also the kind of model that might end up in that situation because the big bad model charged him but you somehow survived the last attack. Just charging in on a companion could be good enough.

I am a firm believer of always bringing something to ignore armour.

10 hours ago, Fazza92 said:

Yes but it’s a combo that cost 9Ss(Francisco)+6 Ss of the Queller.

you spend 15 soulstone to try it.

And if you’re opponent hasn’t crew that suffer this combo?And if you’re opponent use a soul stone to add a suit?

And if you’re opponent kill Francisco?I don’t think that it’s a super combo...

Then ,restraint wand is Ca5...not properly a good casting.It’s ok.

Then ,if you leave Von Schill in range of a Francisco Flurry...are you that have do a big big mistake,nor the quelled that is OP.Leave a master near a model that can flurry is never a good choice ,independent by who make flurry.

Don't think anyone is arguing for the quelled to be OP. Sure the 'combo is 15ss but Francisco is one of the most common models to see in a guild list, so it's not really like you are going out of your way for that to happen.

• Like 1

I’ve not said that Francisco + Queller are 15 dead points.

I’ve said that you pay for it,and with the new upgrade Queller is very very strong with Sonia,not with Francisco.

Then,it’s a good model for guild,beacause guild have lot of Sh and Mi and no good Ca damage dealer,incorporeal can be a problem,and Queller try to resolve it.

Then,my Queller usually is died at turn 3.

• Like 1

@Fazza92

By turn three he should have joined most of the enemy crew then so no problem. ;)

You said it wasn't a super combo with Francisco and that they were expensive together. After that you listed four or five reasons why not to take quellers so it really seemed like you hated the combo.

Francisco turns up in Sonnia lists a lot. I'm not sure I've ever seen Sonnia played without him although I've tried it myself so you would be adding the queller and then have the choice of either Francisco or Sonnia to companion into depending on the board state so you are really only changing 5ss of your list for the utility. Maybe they just killed Sonnia or at least hurt her and engaged them both. Tht are now engaged with Francisco, is ita bad move to go queller into Franc companion?

Are you saying it is bad with Francisco or just worse with him than with Sonnia?

• Like 1

@Fazza92 @Ludvig
Look guys. You probably missing some context for my words)
1) Yes, you can activate queller into Sonnia, but this will rarely help. The only time I can remember this stuff helped is queller walk+ supression marker near Molly, Sonnia fires the volley of fire.
2) In fact you want to use queller with some non-master beatstick ( peacekeeper/sam/franc/bishop/etc.) due to non-master restriction on quellers buff.

• Like 1