Bayou Bash playtesting in the Wyrd office!

Lucidicide

Hello Wyrdos,

We are hosting a Bayou Bash playtest in the Wyrd office on Friday, November 10th starting at 6pm. We are inviting anyone to come out, play the game, and give us feedback. You will be asked to sign an NDA, but you will also be given a couple of slices of pizza!

If you are interested and are wanting to come, please RSVP by e-mailing Kyle (kyle@wyrd-games.net) with your full name and intention to arrive. We will use the RSVPs to determine how much pizza and how many seats we need. In the chance that there's a run of playtesters, we are limiting attendance to 15 people.

For those who are curious: Bayou Bash is a combative racing game where players take on the role of a Gremlin jockey riding giant animals as they attempt to beat their opponents around the bayou-based track. The game is quick (0:45 - 1:15, depending on track size and number of players) and allows players to sabotage their opponents while trying to achieve top speed. The players lack total control, though, and may find themselves careening into rocks or off the track.

Bayou Bash is unique, though, in that the winner of the race is not who crossed the finish line first, but the racer who gained the most fans during the race. Beware, however, because as the fans line the track, other players may choose to attack them instead, eliminating your hard-won fans.

It's a fun game that's easy to pick up, and we hope that you'll come help us finalize it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would teach it to my 10 year old daughter. There are a few references to things like guns and alcohol, and the racers do attack each other. These things are relatively easy to gloss over, though (as I would).

I'd worry more about the other players, honestly. The chance that on a Friday night playtest party someone says some curse words, etc, is probably higher than the game's references.

It really just depends on what you're comfortable with as a parent :)