Bakuriel

Been looking around for where to post this, and general Malifaux seems like the best place to do so. This isn't a particularly in depth idea, there's new new mechanics or abilities, but just a fun thought I had for a continuation of the ever popular "Miss" line of alternate models, and a subversion of that title, given the nature of the idea.

Thus far we have Miss 'Ery for Neverborn, Miss Terious for Guild, Miss Demeanor for outcasts (albeit pewter), Miss Step and Miss Fire for Arcanists, and Miss Anne Thrope for Guild/TT. In that lineup two factions are currently missing models, Ressurectionists and Gremlins. This idea is for the Gremlins.

Put simply Miss O'Jenny would be an alternate model for Trixiebelle, and true to the Gremlin spirit, is not quite what you'd expect out of a Miss model. In fact, Miss O'Jenny isn't a Miss at all, it's a quite-obviously-male Gremlin dressed in drag, but acting generally the way Trixie does in every other capacity. That's it, just a Gremlin dude in drag calling himself "Miss O'Jenny" and trying to lure people closer, only for them to run in abject horror the other way. Unless they're Gremlins, which just opens up even more hilarity in the long run.

Feel free to post thoughts on this idea, I'm placing it here because I genuinely think it would be a fun idea to see implemented in the future sometime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Ressers and gremlins have them. Miss Pack and the Gremlinette, an alternate Nurse and Hog Whisperer respectively.

I was not aware of Miss Pack, though my statement still kind of stands with the Gremlins because the Gremlinette doesn't follow the "Miss" line in its title. Still, I appreciate you letting me know about those older models, as I wasn't aware of their existence.

Technically. Resurrectionist and Gremlins technically already have a Miss models. The only way to get them though is to hunt them on Ebay and such.

I really like the idea.
Trixiebelle is definitely the model all the Gremlin players want, name is funny and makes sense and I think that it would be a nice model.

I am just a little bit worried that some people might feel offended. Maybe it is just some previous threads we had here that still reverberate through my brain and nobody would, I don't know.

I realize that Gremlins Technically have a Miss model, but thematically if it doesn't say Miss and isn't making a pun off of the prefix mis- then I'm not sure it's really a Miss model in true spirit.

As for people getting offended, that's an incredibly subjective issue. Baritone Lola is a large, fat ugly dude, at least seemingly so, wearing high heels, stockings, and a tutu, and I've never heard any real complaints about that model. Maybe it's because I haven't seen them, maybe more people are aware of the musical reference than I suspect, and maybe it's because Baritone Lola doesn't look particularly human, but Jenny wouldn't be crossing into much new territory in that regard.

Ultimately it would be up to Wyrd whether or not they'd publish something, but I feel like the model has value as a nice, humorous addition to the line of models we've got already. After all, as Duckman once said, comedy should provoke, it should blast through prejudices and challenge preconceptions.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 9:38 AM, Jesy Blue said:

Mistaken is taboo but Misogyny is okay?

That is an odd comfort scale on any linguistic chart.

Traps has been gaining in popularity in some circles and there has been large backlash against it as being transphobic(on the basis of trans women "trapping" guys into having sex with them), so naming a character Miss Taken, and having it be a guy dressing as a girl, could be seen as a tacit or implicit endorsement of that use of trap. I think understandably there would be people upset with this, and is just asking for a controversy from people who don't know about Malifaux and Wyrd as whole to know that it's not the intention.

5 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Traps has been gaining in popularity in some circles...

Really?  Wow... only took them 100 years to learn about Madam Butterfly.  Guess they should have watched more anime.