Tinkerer Constructs

Rossbert

The Tinkerer gains the Animate Construct magia when they start the pursuit at level 0.

This character always has access to the Animate Construct Magia, no matter her current Grimoire. If this character does not possess a Grimoire, she may act as if she possessed a Grimoire with this Magia.

The entry for the Animate Construct magia doesn't specify a limit to the number of animated constructs one can create/be subordinate to the character, only a duration of 1hr of animation for the construct being animated by that casting instance of the spell. 

Effect: Target inanimate construct comes to life as a subordinate character under the caster’s control for 1 hour. If it does not have a Rank Value, its Rank Value becomes Minion (5).
When this Spell ends, the construct becomes inanimate but may be later reanimated.

To me, this reads that the Tinkerer can animate as many constructs as they have action points for (assuming the spell is cast successfully), and each success would animate 1 construct for 1hr. They would then have to spend action points to give orders to the construct(s) that are animated, otherwise, the constructs do not act.

• Like 2

Animate Construct

Effect: Target inanimate construct comes to life as a subordinate character under the caster’s control for 1 hour. If it does not have a Rank Value, its Rank Value becomes Minion (5). When this Spell ends, the construct becomes inanimate but may be later reanimated.

As Lithaine notes, there;s no limit to the number of constructs that a character can have animated at one time.

• Like 1

Quickly glancing back at the 1e book, it does seem like the talent would be ineffective unless you manage to get a construct through some other means besides the animate construct spell. This is under the assumption the limit applies only to those animated by the spell, depending on how you interpret the spell text "A caster may only control one construct at a time."p - I only managed a brief time in 1e so I missed any discussions that may have come up about this.

@MasonMy Tinkerer player would probably be glad this was changed in 2e had he started under 1e!

• Like 1

It doesn't matter a huge amount, since even though I love summonses in most game, as a courtesy to everyone at the table I try to not use hordes of anything, because one player having a trillion minions tends to slow things down for everyone.

Now, Gamin or Construct....