Monthly painting challenge -- November

prof_bycid

Welcome to the November painting challenge. 

What is this?:  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  Remember that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.). 

Rules:   Models count for the month in which you finish them.  Everyone may fail to make their monthly goal twice and stay in the challenge, but that means it is now too late to sign up this year. 

Tracking sheet: can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

Posting:  At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.  In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.  At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.  Post this by the end of the month.  And include the total soul stones painted. 

Two months to go!  Way to hang in there team.  Remember that I am looking for someone to take over this endeavor if there is interest in keeping it going.  If you feel the calling, let me know.  Okay, ready, ..., and go!

I intend to finish a Doppleganger I've already started and then move on to: Lilith, Primordial Magic, and Nekima. If time permits I might get to the Mysterious Emissary (whose base decorations may turn into 2-3 Changelings).

If I can make Primordial Magic look good, it will be my entry for Rd 3 of IP: Stranger Things.

During November I will paint Carlos Vasquez and two Komainu.  I also hope to finish up the 50 mm sewer grate base by Wyrd, and start planning a new fold-away playing surface.  I will post progress on the latter if it happens in the Terrain Talk section.  Happy November painting everyone.

large.Nov2017_Carlos_Komainu.jpg.82a61810eff335b78e120ff9ba81999b.jpg

• Like 2

This month's wildly unrealistic To-Do list:

Nekima (13), Genbu/Izamu (10), Mysterious Emissary (10), the Sow (8), 2x Death Marshall Recruiters (14), Flesh Construct (6), Swine-Cursed (7), 3x Tanuki (15), 2x Banjonistas (10)...and the sad Ramone sister/Mounted Guard (7) for a possible total of 93, and a more likely total somewhere in the 40-65ss range.

Let's see how we do!

large.20171104_130117.jpg.552958fb70cb1a101c17359500a09af8.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Sorry I've not been around for a while. I did a painting clinic in the spring. For some reason it just made me totally question my own painting and put me off trying things. The course was great but it totally demoralized me for some reason.

So here is my first model in a few months...

A converted Queeg for my medical crew.

large.FB_IMG_1510039883341.jpg.cee522d34e778f10a1862dff0754f5ce.jpg

I've got a huge amount of respect for your work. I'm glad to see you back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Franchute said:

@RustAndTheCity you should not complain about your painting abilities. I love your work. I remember I felt a bit sad when I saw you were "out" on @prof_bycid's spreadsheet.

Great Queeg by the way.

Thanks Franchute and Hamelet. 

Just saw that I'm out so I'll not post models here. Sorry! Enjoy the rest of the challenge everyone! 

34 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Thanks Franchute and Hamelet. 

Just saw that I'm out so I'll not post models here. Sorry! Enjoy the rest of the challenge everyone! 

I'd be happy to see your posts on this forum. Several other people who are out do it too.

• Like 2