burnig ramos, a funny alternative

Frollo the Wordbearer

Hi there.

A little bored of Ramos' traditional playstile, his new upgrade was really appreciated and I tried to male a crew who could work well with it.

Thinking of a "beater" Ramos, I opted for Leviathan Power Core, Powered by Flame and Arcane effigy, making him do with little set up a virtual 5/6/7 dmg. Not bad, isn't it?

Rest to the crew is born to abuse the Burning condition; every model can give or use Burning in the right circumstaces.

Ramos: Leviathan Power Core, Powered by Flames, Bleeding Edge, 6ss 

Arcane effigy (scheme runner, gives Radiance)

Firestarter: IE (scheme runner, gives Burning)

Gunsmith (++ on duels against burning enemies)

Oxfordian mage: "+1books upgrade" (gives burning/slow/push)

Fire gamin (gives burning, +2 burning against enemies near Ramos)

Rail worker (punchy model, can do damage equal to the Burning)

Rail worker

Electric creation (turn 1 scrap and 6" push for Ramos).

Ramos use his Magmetism to reposition and likes to be in the middle of the action, buffing his construct (regen and burning). Summon the Swarm only as a side ability when needed. Arachnids are sweet when they engage some model and gives them -1 def.

Tired the crew last night and was really fun. Against Frame for murder Burning is always a great idea.

Ramos spent T1 going in position and summoned 2 arachnids.

T2 (+1 dmg) wounded badly a Rougarou in cover and gave him Burning 4; Gunsmith activated then and put him on 1 wound. Burning made the kill and gave me 6 points (Quick Murder for me, no frame for murder for the opponent).

T3 (fast) summoned 1 arachnid to engage Dreamer, magnetized out of combat and shooted three times The Claw.

On T4, with Dreamer's death, oponent conceded.

Quite a wall fo text, uh?

Fine, I'll stop here (for now).

Wanted to share my experience, hope is not too unenjoyable and sorry for grammar errors, english is not my language!

Byez!

• Like 4

Just finished another game with this list.

A friend wanted to try Poison Marcus list, so it felt right to play a Burning crew :D

Strategy and schemes were flipped after crew composition, this time.

He played:

Marcus: both new upgrades, howl (5ss)

Scorpius

Rogue necromancy: pack leader

Rattler

2 poison gamins

3 canine remains

Headhunter, standard with CJ, leave your mark, accusation, undercover entourage, show of force.

I took leave your mark and entourage on Firestarter, he took show of force and undercover entourage on Marcus.

Finished 10-8 for me.

The crew did well, with Firestarter doing his usual stuff (schemes and surviving) and (again) underwelming performances of gunsmith (killed on turn 2) and mage (engaged by marcus and killed by combo-poison).

This time Ramos really shined.

On T1 he pushed toward EC, summoned 3 spiders, moved and oneshotted a undead dog red jokering the dmg.

On T2 (+1 dmg) he moved and killed the scorpius .

On T3 (+ on first duel) summoned 3 spiders in base contact with Necromancy and put a lot of hurt onto it, nearly killing the 3 headed monster.

On T4 (+1 dmg) hurted a poison gamin, failing 2/3 of the shoots.

On T5 he killed the last poison gamin (magnetism + medium dmg on electrical fire), moved and took its head.

All of this he never stopped jumping on the board. Really mobile and funny.

Byez

• Like 1

Hi there.

I don't follow a specific rule, really.

When I megnetize some my model it's usually a spider, which are very expendibles.. hopefully unactivated ones (regen 1 from BET).

If i have a useless and unused card in hand, i valutate if it's worth to discard it or take burning on the minion.

If a construct dies with Magn. or burning, it will heal ramos and gives me a scrap, so it's not quite bad thing.

But, mostly I use Magnetism against the opponent, if possible.

Last night I never targeted one of my models except for EC on T1.