What models synergize with both McMourning and Nicodem?

Freman

Growing my painted model pool, I'm building up my Resurrectionists. The two masters in Resurs that most interest me are Nicodem and McMourning, and I was wondering which models have the best synergy with both of them. Is it just a matter of choosing Undead minions that also happen to have poison related shenanigans, or are there other things to keep in mind?

Shikome are an obvious selection, but are there any more?

Obviously I have Sebastian and Rafkin for McMourning, and Mortimer for Nicodem, but what other henchman and enforcer models work well with them, preferably both of them?

Rafkin loves poison and so works great with mcmourning, plus hes a powerful beater combined with "Superior Undead" upgrade for nicodem. Shikomes are minions, but pretty good summons for nico and hires for mcmourning. Sebastian from McMournings box is good for both, since his catalyst means nicodems team will heal twice as often if they get poisoned, say by one of your nurses. As @emiba said the emissary can be used with both. Nicodem loves the generic conflux (unless you take asura roten, then his special conflux is scary for ml9 zombies) and McMourning can enjoy the speed it gives. McMourning's conflux is so-so, it can work for being very agressive but Doug tends to take or make a lot of minions like canine remains and flesh constructs so generic works fine for him.

• Like 1

Thanks.

These are my first three models for McMourning.

I also have Sebastian, Rafkin, and a Nurse painted, and have almost finished three Guild Autopsies. Six Canine Remains and four Flesh Constructs still to go for my McMourning tray (I divide up my models into trays in my carrying bag and paint tray by tray).

I double this. Kentauroi are superb.
The new Little Gassers should be excellent for McMourning and I think they'll be good with Nicodem too, especially if you do opt to bring along Rafkin/Dogs/Shikome with him.

I would avoid picking up only Poison-related Minions. Steering clear of Rotten Belles seems like a bad idea, and I've heard excellent things about Dead Doxies with McMourning. 

Rogue Necromancy(s) deserve a mention. They're seldom auto picks but some pools really make them shine. I've found them to be particularly filthy with Nurse back-up available.

On 31/10/2017 at 7:47 AM, Freman said:

Thanks.

These are my first three models for McMourning.

I also have Sebastian, Rafkin, and a Nurse painted, and have almost finished three Guild Autopsies. Six Canine Remains and four Flesh Constructs still to go for my McMourning tray (I divide up my models into trays in my carrying bag and paint tray by tray).

Awesome stuff! I never got my hands on his avatar and I'm regretting it now.

• Like 1

Thanks. I don't quite recall where I picked it up, but he does look good. He'll be the Carrion Emissary, obviously. Maybe Brutal as well, since I might be too lazy to paint up another Avatar sized model.

Although Hoffman's Avatar is pretty nice.