Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Three Announcement

I too have never seen Stranger Things.. Hum Time for a Netflix bing?  Wait?! I am Eliminated and can Paint Whatever I want HAHAHAHA.. So where is the eliminated Lounge where we talk smack about Gold and Silver and Challenge each other for the real fun?

• Like 6

I like the idea of strange things as a theme more than basing it off the show Stranger Things.  I love the show and saw every episode, but there are so many unique and interesting ways to interpret the theme beyond the show. I want to make something strange this round, let's see the strangest things!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Zanna said:

I like the idea of strange things as a theme more than basing it off the show Stranger Things.  I love the show and saw every episode, but there are so many unique and interesting ways to interpret the theme beyond the show. I want to make something strange this round, let's see the strangest things!

Actually an interesting clarification, I don't think it has anything to do with Stranger Things, Just strange things, for example the Privateer press Fictional organisation Strangelight Workshop and Grymkin

1 hour ago, easily_mused said:

I too have never seen Stranger Things.. Hum Time for a Netflix bing?  Wait?! I am Eliminated and can Paint Whatever I want HAHAHAHA.. So where is the eliminated Lounge where we talk smack about Gold and Silver and Challenge each other for the real fun?

-high fives- Welcome to the Club! It was nice when the Iron painter got its own sub forum. 

• Like 2

I seen someone complain about this before, and I see it brought up as if it was a hard rule, but where in the first set of rules for the Iron painter does it say you have to enter only a single model or diorama? I have been confused about this. 

1 hour ago, LordZombie said:

I seen someone complain about this before, and I see it brought up as if it was a hard rule, but where in the first set of rules for the Iron painter does it say you have to enter only a single model or diorama? I have been confused about this. 

it says "or a Scene" as well.  I think of your first entry as a scene.  They do not have a connecting base like a diorama.  But they were interacting in a story.as laid out in your discription.  If you just had them facing the camera the, then not so much.

1 hour ago, LordZombie said:

-high fives- Welcome to the Club! It was nice when the Iron painter got its own sub forum. 

I've been to this club! :D  I actually went a little further last year.   To bad I actually have a good idea for the theme.. but not really a model I need painted. Let alone back dropped.  let alone own and not stealing from brother...   debate debate...

I like this series but I do not like the idea to use it as the main theme of the IP. But 'Stranger Things' are not only the series, it's not a Star Trek :lol:so I will go in a bit other way with that :D

@StarkStranger Things happen in Judges heads xD I'm glad that you was able to fix your Molly! Lossing like this is not a problem and at the end I have made the best work I could. All was exactly as I wanted it to be :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zombiedragon said:

I have no idea what to paint for this one. Tentacles? Space goo of some sorts? Both? 

@Hellogre - grats on moving on to the next round, good luck with getting stranger things done! 

Think of something strange, then go stranger. 

• Like 1

I assume that during the course of the evening, some stranger things will be knocking at my door. Do you think, it is feasible to recruit one or two for the competition ?

• Like 3

"Stranger Things"

a boy who runs around with a teddy bear with real teeth, murdering people

people who throw fire and ice

stones you crush for something like a magical Red Bull rush

critters that heal their friends by throwing pigslop all over them

zombie prostitutes

I could go on...

the only thing in Malifaux that might be 'stranger' would probably be something normal =D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stranger Things is such a great theme for Malifaux.  So many different ways to go with this one.  Can not wait to see everyone's interpretations.

56 minutes ago, Guildenstern said:

the only thing in Malifaux that might be 'stranger' would probably be something normal =D

Fun! Exactly the theme I settled on

• Like 1

On 31.10.2017 at 8:07 PM, zombiedragon said:

I have no idea what to paint for this one. Tentacles? Space goo of some sorts? Both? 

@Hellogre - grats on moving on to the next round, good luck with getting stranger things done! 

@zombiedragon thanks, man. I still have no idea what to do, so there is possibility, that we can meet again in Bronze in the next round.:P