Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Three Announcement

Round three begins today!!  It's hard to believe we are at the halfway point.  Only two more rounds remain!  Who will win?  Who will place?  And who will be eliminated? We want to say thanks again to our awesome judges, the Iron Painter participants, and all of our voting community members.  This has truly been an awesome force in terms of helping the community band together and create some awesome pieces.  This announcement contains the round three theme, and pairings. We especially love seeing the encouragement and positive vibes!  A link to the round two results can be found at the bottom of this post.  But now it is time for the part you guys all REALLY care about, the theme!

Theme

This time around we asked the judges to pick the theme, and they want to see Stranger Things! What are Stranger Things?  That's for you to decide, as this theme definitely has a lot of room for interpretation. We are excited to see what you can pull out of your minds for this round!  Now Iron Painters, it's time to get assembling, converting, modeling and painting!  

Submissions

Round Three Gold:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/60-round-3-stranger-things-gold-finished/

Round Three Silver:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/61-round-3-stranger-things-silver-finished/

Round Three Bronze:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/62-round-3-stranger-things-bronze-finished/

Round Three Eliminated:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/63-round-3-stranger-things-eliminated/

Round Three WIP:  http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/59-round-3-stranger-things-wip/

Pairings

Gold

59f74ca530f70_GoldBracket.PNG.2db075ba8385f9fd70e1260feae6144f.PNG

Silver

59f7600bb9df3_SilverBracket.thumb.PNG.bf705f33944b0a89932573400b84e0bd.PNG

Bronze

59f74d81efe5d_BronzePairings.PNG.5be7a58070477768871c87d91e577570.PNG

Reminders

Again a few reminders because it never hurts! 

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) An image should be of either a single model, diorama or scene.  MULTIPLE MODELS THAT ARE NOT SET IN A SCENE OR DIORAMA WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION!! 

5) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Round Two Results: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/132618-iron-painter-2017-round-two-results/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

woohoo...
round three, gold... I guess even if I lose all the rounds, I'm here until the end :D:D:D

@Octavus, you have a (friendly) PM!

stranger things... brainstorming time!!

• Like 3

@neveroddoreven Congratulations! The moment I saw that cheeky Skink face, I had an idea which way it`s going to go :D 

The theme sounds very interesting and broad, so I`m eager to see all the great and different ideas contestants will come up with! 
Although, am I the only one, who has yet to recieve 5 scores and 3 feedbacks for Round 2? Can`t wait to see them, so that I don`t make the same mistakes again and improve :) 

Good luck, everyone!

8 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Soooo, I'm out, surprised I made it that far >>.  Now we just submit to the eliminated place to get our token raffle ticket, right?

Yep!

Wow! That round was a tough one!!! So many of my champions droped down

@Stark Congratz, I hope we will have our chance for a remach in the future  Keeping fingers crossed for the next round!

@Kai Will we get more feedback (we have the one from Sean and Magie) for the round 2 from other judges? And also please can you add more clarity for the parings in Silver, I thought I will have a chance to match with Monomatana or Sabla but I think this is becouse of DNF in 2nd round. Am I right?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bozydar said:

@Kai Will we get more feedback for the round 2 from other judges? And also please can you add more clarity for the parings in Silver, I thought I will have a chance to match with Monomatana or Sabla but I think this is becouse of in 2nd round. Am I right?

You should get additional feedback.  As for the pairings it is all spelled out in the original bracket of which seed went to which location.

Congratulations to everyone who went through and commiserations to all who went out this round, this is such a tough gig. 

@Stark lets do this (stranger) thing! 

I have one idea for this so far but no idea what minis I could use and I'm trying to keep it simple since I'll be away. Hmmmm...

• Like 1

Oh... that was unexpected. VERY unexpected! O_O
I was sure that I'll loose and free to go. I don't actually know whether I should be happy or not) 

Neverthless, I want to say "Thank you" for all judges, you're definitely crazy, but very kind xD And I'm very grateful, I'll try my best in this round.

@Bozydar - thank you! I'm really sorry, I was sure that your nice work better than my, but wish you good luck in Silver!))

@icatsai - Thanks and congats to you too!) And yeah! Let's do this!)) 

And of course congratulation to all winners and good luck!

• Like 2

I'm in a bit of a quandary. Never watched the show Stranger Things. Since theme is a high part of scoring and if some people are basing their entry off the show then how well the voting will swing against something strange but not based off the show. 

4 minutes ago, Wildchevy said:

I'm in a bit of a quandary. Never watched the show Stranger Things. Since theme is a high part of scoring and if some people are basing their entry off the show then how well the voting will swing against something strange but not based off the show. 

I can't speak for other voters but I can assure you I only vaguely know that it is a show of some kind. I'm guessing tv or online only. Any theme points I give this round will purely be based on how "strange" and how "thing-y" your entry is:lol:

1 hour ago, neoezekiel said:

Wait, there's a show called Stranger Things? Well, I guess that is a downside of cutting out TV for the last seven years. O_o

You have missed out on some good stuffs. Stranger things is on Netflix. So is Bojack Horseman. If you want to be depressed about an animated show. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fenix729 said:

You have missed out on some good stuffs. Stranger things is on Netflix. So is Bojack Horseman. If you want to be depressed about an animated show. :D

Season 4 got heavy....