Outcasts/Hamelin/Crew Tailoring

NulSec

#1. Building crews for Strats and Schemes is obviously the preferred approach, but how do my TT brothers tweak a list if your opponent is declaring Outcasts? Do you tend to lean towards certain masters?

#2. Do you have general strategies against Hamelin? 

#3. And this may be a better topic on its own, but what masters do you lean when you see certain factions?  

I've mainly played Mei Feng, Asami and Misaki in TT, though I just got Yan Lo, so don't take my silence on some of the other masters as thinking they're bad against Hamelin.

I would not recommend playing Asami into Hamelin as he can easily obey Oni to (1)action charge her when they are within :aura4 of her, which also deals a damage to her. Also, Yokai like to charge and Hamelin has an :aura8 no charge zone.

Misaki would like to be able to charge, but I think with her new storm upgrade she may be one of the better picks against Hamelin with those ranged blasts killing rats and the stolen quite easily.

Mei Feng should be solid against Hamelin with her anti-cast aura and her ability to get a lot of attacks against model spam. Her summoning with Toshiro should allow you to keep up with Hamelin later in the game.

You may want to bring a Katanaka sniper to threaten the rat engine on the first turn. Even if you can't stop it, you may be able to slow it down by killing a rat.

You probably want to bring a couple of Monks of Low River to remove blight (and heal) and maybe Chiaki for the same reason.

Also, with Hamelin's new plague pits upgrade you will be unable to avoid getting blight on many of your models. You will also get to obscenely high blight if you get into combat near one as you'll get +1 for activating and +1 for every action after that, (0) actions unfortunately included. I had my Ama No Zaka on ~20 blight by the end of my last game against Hamelin.

Good stuff. I played against Hamelin with Mei and my opponent took plague pits. They are a great bargain at 1ss. I did okay with Mei and had a decent engine with Komainu with Sun Quang. I ended up with 2 summoned on the first turn at full health and not slow because of Chiaki. I think the SnS was just not suitable to Mei. It ended up being 8-6. We were playing GG17 (his choice) and we had Interference, Show of Force, Frame, and I don't immediately recall the rest. Killjoy did some work for him, but didn't overpower the game. Bleeding Disease was tough to deal with, but I never felt that dreaded feeling of being overwhelmed which I suppose is good. 

Conversely, I did take Asami into Hamelin once. It went very badly. 

I have a feeling Shenlong may be better when taken into Outcasts and likely versus Hamelin, because the shooting can get goofy with Shen. 

2 hours ago, Mutter said:

Well, at least you still HAD Ama by the end of the game ... ;)

Yeah, having Wp7 and Terrifying (13) living let her easily block the stolen's attacks. My opponent didn't bring any other bleeding disease attacks besides Hamelin, so she was able to survive by running out of range.

I am a big fan of Shenlong and the Shadow Emissary into Hamlin. The focus on a (0) combines really well with AoE-on-focus to damage packs of rats. And if your opponent doesn't pick Hamlin, you are still playing Shenlong and the Emissary.

I also really like the Guild Trapper. Comes with innate AoE, and the traps pushed into the middle of a rat swarm do solid work.

• Like 1