card protectors

that might just be the brand you purchased. but the malifaux cards and fate decks fit "standard" (magic:the gathering card size) size sleeves. there are slight variations of size based on the brand, such as KMC sleeves vs. ultra pro sleeves. just avoid any "japanese" size or novelty size and you should be good.

2 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

Depending when the cards where made they might be different sizes. I have found some slight variations over the years. All mine seem to fit the fantasy flight sleeves I use though (they have no logos on them).

true, however i use ultra-pro and legion sleeves. so far no problem with the card size difference (which is highly noticeable) 

I feel like this is the one time I am qualified to answer a question or at least have some thoughts on it....I have spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY ON SLEEVES.....
Malifaux cards are whats called "standard size" in regards to card sleeves. There are "Japanese Size", "Small Size", or sometimes "Anime size" sleeves. This is yugioh card sleeve cardfight, etc etc size cards. 

Any Clear sleeve will work, but I would recommend the Clear Dragon Sheilds at 120 mm thickness for your Malifaux needs. Ultra pro clears also will do a great job if you put the dot over the backside attacks (it'll mostly cover the name section on the back).

Normally I would recommend KMC sleeves, except here I will not. The clear KMC's you'll find are perfect fits. These are super thin sleeves designed to be on the inside of an outer sleeve, for card protection. Since our Faux cards are print on demand, they aint really super valuable, so just a protecting in game play sleeve is what your goal should be. Now if you are wanting to sleeve your fate deck, or if you have a special fate deck you wish to protect, KMC's all the way. (Hyper mats or the Super Slicks are both grand choices. I have a soft spot for the super slicks, all my magic decks when i was a younger kid were in super slicks, so the shuffle feel is super nostalgic.)