Does Molly compliment Tara?

DarkBlack

I have a a Tara crew (because the nothing beast looks cool) and I've slipped into the resurrectionist side, because undead actually appeal to me in Malifaux. I'm looking to get Molly as a second master to broaden my experience and because crooligans are the good kind of creepy and Molly's manner is amusing (i.e. I'm not choosing things based on how effective they are, I'm in Malifaux for the theme).

I do still try to win my games though; so the question is: what does Molly do better than Tara, for which schemes or opponents should I take which?

The rest of my collection is as follows:

Nothing beast, Scion of the Void and Anna Lovelace.

Karina

Void wretches, death marshals, guild autopsies, gaki (liked the models for longer than I've been playing) and mindless zombies.

The resser forums seem kind of dead.;) I haven't played much as a resser (a few games with McMourning) but I have faced them so I can give it a crack.

Molly summons which is handy. She excels where the enemy is bunched up since you can get a punk zombie in and companion to do slice and dice while being annoying to remove afterwards due to hard to kill. Along with black blood and the crooligan pulse damage boost she can do lots of area damage.

I'm not sure Molly has a ton of synergy with the models you already have and I'm not really sure where she excels over Tara. I think she mostly offers a different play style. She can be really hard to take down, possibly more durable than Tara although Tara can probably run in a more backfield role. Molly tends to be in the opponent's face and summoning stuff. 

@DarkBlack I think a good starting point would be to ask which situaions you are struggling in with Tara? From there you could get some auggedtions on how both Tara and Molly would handle those situations.

As a die hard resser player, Molly and Tara usually travel together in my game bag.  

It was crazy Karina that brought them together.  While not always competitive, Karina is fun in casual play.  Maybe you'll get a horror out this round, maybe not.  But it's nice just to have the scare there for the opponent, and having the full list of horrors is pretty handy.

Once you've the horrors, Molly gives you the option for a more aggressive play style.  While Tara's beast bomb is a great hit and run tactic, Molly just has a way of getting in the opponent's face and sticking around to make for a vey bad day.  I run Tara if I want to be all over the board, Molly comes out if I'm looking to clear the board.

Compliments to both crews are Yin, belles, doxies, rogue necromancy, and lately I've been having fun with Sloth to add to Tara's slow parade and healing for Molly's summons.