Creating fate master characters

gamefreak180

8 hours ago, gamefreak180 said:

So Is there a section in the 2e core book for building fate master characters. I thought I saw it but can't find it again. Now if not any place I can find instructions to do so?

There's a section on Fatemaster Characters (pg. 312), but there isn't a detailed "this is how they are created" section. Because Malifaux (and Through the Breach) tend to be so individualistic and character-driven, there aren't really any hard-and-fast rules for what abilities to give a FM character (such as "minions get hard to wound, enforcers get hard to kill").

If you want to make custom Fatemaster Characters, I would suggest choosing one of the stat blocks in the book and then adding or removing some skills and abilities, swapping out some weapons for other weapons, or just reskinning a character to look like something else. And, of course, you can always come here to the forums if you want people to look it over.

So gonna use this to come up with my questions for other fate master characters. 

Such as is there a section for creating homunculus or something similar? If so which book?

The samurai would they be different if they had other shoulder mounted weapons that were not machine guns or is that their shtick and they only use machine guns. (Thinking of twin grenade launchers probably just one with a higher capacity make it where each round is in its own barrel) If only machine guns is there a way to do permanent elemental weapons potentially with the use of soul stones (Thinking of making a group of samurai representing the 5 Chinese elements or something variation of those elements . Or the 3 guys from big trouble in little Chinatown) 

Also who summons golems is that a spell or power not in the 2e core book? There is a section on page 403 talking about summoning golems?

On 10/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, gamefreak180 said:

Such as is there a section for creating homunculus or something similar? If so which book?

Not as such, though if you're a Mage (from Into the Steam), you can get a Totem. That's probably where I would start with it.

The samurai would they be different if they had other shoulder mounted weapons that were not machine guns or is that their shtick and they only use machine guns. (Thinking of twin grenade launchers probably just one with a higher capacity make it where each round is in its own barrel)

Nope, that would be pretty cool, actually. No reason that a samurai couldn't change stuff around. :)

If only machine guns is there a way to do permanent elemental weapons potentially with the use of soul stones (Thinking of making a group of samurai representing the 5 Chinese elements or something variation of those elements . Or the 3 guys from big trouble in little Chinatown)

Nothing for permanent enchantments in the rules per se, but you can cast Elemental Weapon on the gun and use Immuto to increase the duration out to a year. Alternatively, if you're an Engineer (from Into the Steam), you could do something similar with one of their Inventions.

Also who summons golems is that a spell or power not in the 2e core book? There is a section on page 403 talking about summoning golems?

Silent Ones (an Advanced Pursuit from Into the Steam).

On 10/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, gamefreak180 said:

So Is there a section in the 2e core book for building fate master characters. I thought I saw it but can't find it again. Now if not any place I can find instructions to do so?

Another easy tactic to "create" a new critter is to raise/lower the rank of an existing character's stats. This makes making higher Station bosses or lower Station underlings a cinch.