Video Battle report 50ss Zoraida vs Leveticus

HexBag

9 hours ago, McSkip said:

amazing battle report! keep it going!

Thank you ! :D this is my very first battle report i have done and it have take me a very long time to finish it

but the future videos will most likley go faster to make (i hope )

for started i hope to post 1 video / month and if people like it and i will find time for it i hope to jump up to 2 videos a month one day :)

Will try to rotate with the factions and masters that will be played to. Next time we will see Guild vs Arcanist :)

• Like 4

This was definitely the best video bat rep I've seen in a while. Malifaux is a tough game to get good video bat reps out of. So well done. Hopefully your players will feel more comfortable in front of the camera for the post game wrap up.  That game really swung fast into the Outcast player's pocket. Leveticus can do that though. Just focus in on the weakest models and turn them into Aboms. The summoned changelings were basically just abom fodder after a while. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

This was definitely the best video bat rep I've seen in a while. Malifaux is a tough game to get good video bat reps out of. So well done. Hopefully your players will feel more comfortable in front of the camera for the post game wrap up.  That game really swung fast into the Outcast player's pocket. Leveticus can do that though. Just focus in on the weakest models and turn them into Aboms. The summoned changelings were basically just abom fodder after a while. 

Im really glad that you liked it :) i have take some inspiration from some of the current avaible battle reports and added it to the idea that i had in my mind. i have different ideas how i can make it even better and people have send me some suggestions. :)

Hah funny you pointed it out, its very true. noone of us have experience to be infront of a camera but im working on to make it better for the next upcomming videos :)

Ye the power turn of killing a model and gain a model yourself is so strong in malifaux. :) Leveticus even after errata can be a force to be reckon with

8 hours ago, McSkip said:

I made my comment before I got to the end of the batrep. Very nice to see you guys talking about the game in retrospective. In quality level I would rate your video at guerrilla miniatures grade. By the way, thats the best grade ;)

Realy appreciate the hard work!

Wow thats not a bad grade, seems i did something right ;) !! thank you

considering this was my first ever battle report also i personaly still feel there is much i can improve with it  :) 

A very enjoyable video! I particularly liked the way it was shot, the visible fate decks, and the discussion at the end (in fact, the discussion at the end is what made it for me). If I had to give some constructive criticism I would say that you could strip out some of the extra detail (e.g. the suit and value of every simple duel flip) and just mention the outcome and focus on the narrative - the same is also true of opposed duels that aren't crucial to the game, or very swingy. For example "Model x attacked model y, and cheated to win" vs "model x attacked model y, flipping a 10 for attack. Model y flipped an 11 for defence, meaning the duel was tied. Model x cheated in a 12 and model y didn't cheat, making the attack succesful". Often that stuff is obvious from the (extremely useful!) fate-deck cam, and it makes the narrative a little confusing at times! Definitely one of the best formats for a battle report on youtube that I have seen though!

• Like 3

On 2017-10-22 at 11:39 PM, BaronDG said:

I liked it. Very relaxed and matter of fact. Look forward to the next one. 

Bra jobbat! 

Thank you :) 

12 hours ago, Ray said:

Keep these reports coming! I've subbed 

Will do ;) thank you for your sub :)

9 hours ago, apes-ma said:

A very enjoyable video! I particularly liked the way it was shot, the visible fate decks, and the discussion at the end (in fact, the discussion at the end is what made it for me). If I had to give some constructive criticism I would say that you could strip out some of the extra detail (e.g. the suit and value of every simple duel flip) and just mention the outcome and focus on the narrative - the same is also true of opposed duels that aren't crucial to the game, or very swingy. For example "Model x attacked model y, and cheated to win" vs "model x attacked model y, flipping a 10 for attack. Model y flipped an 11 for defence, meaning the duel was tied. Model x cheated in a 12 and model y didn't cheat, making the attack succesful". Often that stuff is obvious from the (extremely useful!) fate-deck cam, and it makes the narrative a little confusing at times! Definitely one of the best formats for a battle report on youtube that I have seen though!

Happy to hear that you liked it! we almost consider to had the panel discussion in the end removed from the final cut :P just because noone of us have any real experience to be in front of a camera and we just found faults with ourself but after see so many comments that liked the end game discussion i will make sure to have it in there and just make it better in every way :D 

i will rethink my duel layout and to shrink down simple duels is a very good idea, that i will without a doubt take that to a serious consideration :)

I would like to make normal duels more intressting to in a good way and this would be one way of doing it :) in the first video i was concerned that

people watching the video would have complains if they would see cards in the discard pile that wasnt showed how they ended up there and thats the reason

why i did the full detailed follow on every action so deep. 

Very well done.  Lots of good information/detail.  I like the crew run down at the beginning, not only spelling out the crew but showing the models.  This both familiarizes watchers with any model and shows off the paint jobs.  The card flip camera was nice but occasionally got out of sync with the narration.  The post action discussion was also a nice touch.  Watching this is was very clear that a lot of time went into post production as the whole video had a very polished presentation.  Nicely done.

19 hours ago, MudgeBlack said:

Very well done.  Lots of good information/detail.  I like the crew run down at the beginning, not only spelling out the crew but showing the models.  This both familiarizes watchers with any model and shows off the paint jobs.  The card flip camera was nice but occasionally got out of sync with the narration.  The post action discussion was also a nice touch.  Watching this is was very clear that a lot of time went into post production as the whole video had a very polished presentation.  Nicely done.

Thank you ! :) im happy you liked the Battle report. 

From here on i seek to improve future videos with all the many helpful comments people have give me :)

Its very true that editing of the report have taken many nights (especially when i did everything from scratch for the first video)

Now on it will hopefully go faster the post edit because i already have the layout done :) i have finished the recording of the game

i will present in the second video and im excited to see how people like the small touch ups after its done. 

• 2 weeks later...