Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Get Gourd Contest!

Wyrd_GourdCarvingContest.jpg

The Get Gourd Carving Contest takes place between now and the end of October. To participate, you need to carve a gourd (like a pumpkin) with some Wyrd theme. Once you do, post a picture of it to Facebook or Twitter and tag us! As long as this is done before November, you're entered in.

Up to 5 random entries will be drawn, each of which will receive a free Carver miniature. Wyrd will also vote internally on our favorite, and the winner will receive a Through the Breach Hannah miniature. 

Carve for a chance at a Carver! Since I usually do a geek themed one with the kids every year I think I have an idea what I am going to do this year!

By strange co-incidence, we get an hour to carve a pumpkin at work for Halloween... so I can double dip on this one, and get paid win or lose! :)

Or not... just found out the pumpkin carving workshop is on 1 Nov for some reason this year... any chance the contest deadline could get pushed back a day or two? Pretty please?

:)

Love contests like this. I don't really need a Carver, and I'm terrible at anything vaguely artistic, but I'm so in. Going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow.

Also gives me hope for a ginger bread terrain building contest for Christmas. Just sayin'.

I've only seen two come in so far. If you're posting it, you can put a link here or PM @Kai with a link if you'd prefer it not be on the board. Other than that, we check social media for alerts about being tagged and whatnot.

This year was a passing of the torch for myself as I didn't do my own pumpkin. Instead I guided my kids in doing their own without me doing any of it. This is what my 11 year old daughter did to go with the Curiosity killed the cat box that I picked up to paint with her.

nQclZ9y.jpg

How'd you do that?! I couldn't get through the skin of a gourd.

Take two, with a traditional pumpkin, went better. One round hamsterbear later...

IMG_0275.thumb.JPG.224971a7bdcf970e55becf857d37eaaa.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

"Teddy was in a toy room, bright and full of joy. He saw the
woman clapping, and he smiled and clapped too. She must
be a mummy.."

D is for Doomed, Sentenced To Die,
E is for Endless, Death To Defy

IMG_0377.jpg