Schemes & Stones (podcast) - Wave 5 Neverborn Upgrades

Khyodee

So there been some debate over what bewitch does and doesn't draw cards off of since my last tournament game. From my understanding an obeyed charging Yasunori would generate no cards from the charge or the original 2 attacks, but you would draw cards from the 2 triggered attacks.

47 minutes ago, Khyodee said:

So there been some debate over what bewitch does and doesn't draw cards off of since my last tournament game. From my understanding an obeyed charging Yasunori would generate no cards from the charge or the original 2 attacks, but you would draw cards from the 2 triggered attacks.

I do not understand the reasoning behind this.  Can you please elaborate?  I am of the simple mind, once bewitched, if I made you walk, I would get a card.  So why would I not get one on a obeyed charge?

Thanks,

Steven

PS. I have the show downloaded, but have not listened to it yet, if there is an in depth discussion of this question please feel free to just say so and ignore my question above.

13 minutes ago, keget said:

I do not understand the reasoning behind this.  Can you please elaborate?  I am of the simple mind, once bewitched, if I made you walk, I would get a card.  So why would I not get one on a obeyed charge?

Thanks,

Steven

PS. I have the show downloaded, but have not listened to it yet, if there is an in depth discussion of this question please feel free to just say so and ignore my question above.

The Bewitched Condition reads "Every time this model decalres a Walk, Charge or Attack Action which was not generated by a Charge, the model which applied this condition may draw two cards." So yeah, you get the cards for the charge itself.

1 hour ago, Khyodee said:

As I quoted above, you get cards when the charge is declared. The two attacks that are part of the charge get no attacks. To determine if the trigger attacks are considered generated by the charge, we can look at the Yokai's Frenzied Charge ability which says "This model gains :+fate to the Attack flips of any Attacks it generates due to the Charge Action" and the FAQ on it's Vital Strike trigger which says the triggered attack doesn't get the benefit of Frenzied charge, I think it's safe to say that the Yasunori's triggered attacks don't count as being generated by the charge.

• Like 3