This List Is The Pits

Jesy Blue

So, in an effort to not loose all my friends, I've been constructing a more rat free Hamelin crew; now that Broken Promises dropped, I have the focus.  Pretty much it's Wp reduction and Bleeding Disease.

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Hamelin + 2 Pool
 - Plague Pits (1)
 - The Piper (2)
 - Sewer King (1)
Montresor (9)
 - Fearful Whispers (1)
 - Brick By Brick (0)
Nix (8)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
 - Scramble (2)
Benny Wolcomb (8)
Obedient Wretch (4)
Crooligan (4)
Crooligan (4)
Crooligan (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Next time Guard The Stash or Extraction comes up I'll use this list.  You start by place the 3 pit markers around/amidst the strategy markers, then From the Shadows place Crooligans among the pit markers, using The Mist to make them in soft cover, walk Montresor to join the Crooligans, causing a collective area of negative 1 to 4 Wp by existing where the enemy needs to go to score.  Then using Pipes, Obey and/or everything Montresor does to draw people into the affected/infected area, pulling the Nix Bomb (pop Oath Keeper, walk, walk, walk, Drink Spirit) on the Wp deficient, then you have 5 models (plus 1 for every The Stolen) with Bleeding Disease, which also targets Wp, casting into the poor unfortunate souls, as well as other non-center table schemes to run.  And as long as there are people nearby, you can't do Interact Actions to remove the pit markers.

I'm still wary about using Benny, as he's expensive for just another casting of Bleeding Disease; I was tempted to drop him for a 4th Crooligan and Hodgepodge Effigy (an additional -1 Wp, two more castings of The Mist and add Souls Stones on Hamelin kills), or maybe just Iggy for that extra -2 Wp aura or Mood Swings, both 0 actions, and a little Burning to finish off the hard to kill folks at the end of the turn.  I can also add Candy; I only mention it because everyone tells me Candy synergies well with Hamelin... but I don't see it.

Comments, criticism, condemnation, or other words that begin with C, feel free free to post below.
  • Like 3

I would say, that if this really to keep friends, and not have people frustrated, then it probably won't work.  Any denial master/crew is annoying.  Just see Pandora.  Ham with rats or without is a denial crew.  No charges, obey you out of position, plague pits to deny movement...Also a 2 pt stolen doing 3+ damage on an attack just sucks.  So fun crew (for you), but can/may leave just the same NPE as rat Ham.

My 2¢ of course.

Steven

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

So finally got to use the list with slight modification:

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Hamelin + 2 Pool
 - Plague Pits (1)
 - The Piper (2)
 - Sewer King (1)
Montresor (9)
 - Fearful Whispers (1)
 - Brick By Brick (0)
Nix (8)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Greed (9)
 - The Creeping Terror (1)
Crooligan (4)
Crooligan (4)
Crooligan (4)
Obedient Wretch (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

played it twice in a three round tournament, the first time it failed because I was  against another Hamelin crew, so half were immune to blight or conditions in general.

The second time it was against an Ironsides crew and worked wonderfully.  I was still clumsy with it so only pulled out a 6-6 draw, but really shut down stuff and nickeled and dimed everything, made them keep pushing for getting the Plague Pits rather than more schemes.

Once I get more comfortable with this one it may be my default build.... I really enjoyed playing it.
  • Like 1