Can a 50mm base go through a 30mm door?

Le gob

Question

Hi, we encountered a bit of a situation the other day.
I'd like to know how you handle it. 

We have a piece of terrain that is like a wall with a door in the middle. 
The wall is impassable, the door let a 30mm base go through, but not a 50mm one.
Can a 50mm base creature pass through the door or not?

5 answers to this question

Personally, almost none of my terrain with doorways have doors that are scaled for the bases of the figures.  (The doorways end up being scaled relative to the figures, not the bases.)  So almost always we end up just saying "Everyone can fit through that doorway" or something.

Then again, I've lost track of the number of times I've played at a tournament table where buildings were just declared impassible terrain to just avoid having to deal with the interior at all.  And I'm not really sure that I've ever seen a nice, functional way of dealing with 50mm bases in a building interior.  I've seen a few buildings where the interior ended up being drawn on the floors and walls of the building, but I haven't decided if I like that approach yet.

Myself and my main opponent don't allow bases to pass through gaps that are smaller than they are. We've found it to be quite fun with smaller miniatures scurrying through gaps to get away from 50mm beaters. But I'm happy to play it the other way too. As long as both Players agree before the game its down to personal prference

• Like 1