Big Brain Brin - A hidden gem?

GrumpyGrandpa

3 hours ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

I’ve been wanting to try out BBB with Lenny, in an attempt to see if I could make our lovable giant a bit more viable. Unfortunately work doesn’t allow for much playtime these days.

You mean with reactivate? I don't have the card with me, but isn't lenny immune to conditions?

8 hours ago, lame0 said:

I mean Zipp is our second to third best master  (Imo) and although he wasn't on Sandeep's level he was probably the third best wave 4 master when he was released (now he's probably the fourth best after wave 5 upgrades....). Swine-cursed were a very nice buff to Wong. The iron skeeter also gave us better access to a strong alpha. Hovering Airship and Do Over are great 1ss upgrades (especially do over since it's some of our only card draw). So honestly I really liked book 4. 

Book 5 sucked for us since the only decent model we got was the crier and it is a very situational support piece (I like him in ulix). All the other releases for us had so many restrictions and buffed only our bad models so obviously we got nothing while other factions got brutal new models.

I also think getting probably the worst upgrades on average sucked because I feel like a few factions got upgrades that are huge buffs to what were already some of the strongest masters for them (Outcasts literally got the best upgrades on their best masters Hamlin, Viks, and Tara). I feel like none of our upgrades were game changers and tbh I think Somers upgrades were insulting. At least other great master in other factions got something interesting to play with sometimes....somer got nothing close to worthwhile. (The one that makes skeeters could of at least have said the trigger is to ml attacks so maybe Sammy could do something with it.)

Also the cross faction masters all got upgrades that are better in the non Gremlins faction which again is frustrating. (What's worse is that the same thing happened in book 4 when Zoraida got her "buff" model and it was Neverborn and we need to pay freaking 2ss for the ability to access a 3ss model......wtf.)

I'm not sure if the upgrades thing happened because we have Sammy so they didn't want obnoxious crap to occur but..... it feels bad. 

In terms of playability I think nerfing the stuffed piglet in July hurt us way too hard. It gave our non summoning masters even less options for crew selection because now our expensive fragile models are a bigger liability and outside somer/Ulix we have no consistent summoning so we fall behind on activations pretty quick. (we are Gremlins we are supposed to have masses of cheap shit)

It just feels pretty bad that like 25% of the good models book 2 gave us were crapped on, we got a bad book 3 & a pretty bad book 5. I also hate seeing errata in other factions keeping the models playable while we get our models totally butchered. (Mech Rider arguably got a buff to his trigger and got a minor tn increase to his summoning last time around....)

The way I see it every faction got way more than us in book 5 and somehow people keep calling for nerfs to Burt & McTavish. Which if it happened would be totally demoralizing as a Gremlins player (since they are the weakest in our own faction vs the other factions that hire them as mercs because things like debt to the guild or easy access to fast/copy abilities runs rampant elsewhere). 

I think wyrd needs to take a look at what they made because the difference between upgrade & new model power levels was way to much between factions. They gave Hamlin and Sandeep two awesome upgrades (one as an upgrade/ model (midnight stalker) and one as a model kandara). They are in the top 3 masters in the game and shouldn't be getting massive buffs made for them. Especially when you look at the load of trash Somer and Gremlins in general got...

I completly agree with you. Some nerf should be review. They could remove the ram trigger in rooster Riders. Restrict stuffed piglet to only hire 3 of them and If you want hire more you need include the taxidermista...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aquenaton said:

well, then if you are searching for a heavy hitter, maybe you should stay with mancha or Travish. Otherwise, those 4ss could mean a bayou gremlin to reactivate 

and you are gaining "only" 1 AP, because you are spending another AP (or a merris' (0) and a card)  to place a scheme marker.

I'm looking at this guy through the eyes of Brewmaster!

Basic list to flesh out;

50 SS Gremlins Crew
The Brewmaster + 6 Pool
-A Friendly Ear
Apprentice Wesley (3)
Big Brain Brin (7)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Rooster Rider (6)
Rooster Rider (6)
Rooster Rider (6)
Akaname (4)

Big Brain Brin can reactivate a Rooster per turn.

The Akaname can give models poison, so it's much easier for Brewmaster to Order them around.

3SS remaining to spend, so maybe replace a Swine-Cursed with Fingers for ample access to scheme markers (and healing).

If I'm reading this correctly, on a perfect (unlikely) play you can have  14 rooster charges per turn. Although they'll be burning themselves out pretty quickly.

On 26.10.2017 at 1:43 AM, Cadaver_Junkie said:

I'm looking at this guy through the eyes of Brewmaster!

Basic list to flesh out;

50 SS Gremlins Crew
The Brewmaster + 6 Pool
-A Friendly Ear
Apprentice Wesley (3)
Big Brain Brin (7)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Rooster Rider (6)
Rooster Rider (6)
Rooster Rider (6)
Akaname (4)

Big Brain Brin can reactivate a Rooster per turn.

The Akaname can give models poison, so it's much easier for Brewmaster to Order them around.

3SS remaining to spend, so maybe replace a Swine-Cursed with Fingers for ample access to scheme markers (and healing).

If I'm reading this correctly, on a perfect (unlikely) play you can have  14 rooster charges per turn. Although they'll be burning themselves out pretty quickly.

and what exactly makes you take brewmaster to obey things you need to poison when our faction has the best obey master in the game ?

On 24.10.2017 at 10:58 PM, lame0 said:

I mean Zipp is our second to third best master  (Imo) and although he wasn't on Sandeep's level he was probably the third best wave 4 master when he was released (now he's probably the fourth best after wave 5 upgrades....). Swine-cursed were a very nice buff to Wong. The iron skeeter also gave us better access to a strong alpha. Hovering Airship and Do Over are great 1ss upgrades (especially do over since it's some of our only card draw). So honestly I really liked book 4. 

Book 5 sucked for us since the only decent model we got was the crier and it is a very situational support piece (I like him in ulix). All the other releases for us had so many restrictions and buffed only our bad models so obviously we got nothing while other factions got brutal new models.

I also think getting probably the worst upgrades on average sucked because I feel like a few factions got upgrades that are huge buffs to what were already some of the strongest masters for them (Outcasts literally got the best upgrades on their best masters Hamlin, Viks, and Tara). I feel like none of our upgrades were game changers and tbh I think Somers upgrades were insulting. At least other great master in other factions got something interesting to play with sometimes....somer got nothing close to worthwhile. (The one that makes skeeters could of at least have said the trigger is to ml attacks so maybe Sammy could do something with it.)

Also the cross faction masters all got upgrades that are better in the non Gremlins faction which again is frustrating. (What's worse is that the same thing happened in book 4 when Zoraida got her "buff" model and it was Neverborn and we need to pay freaking 2ss for the ability to access a 3ss model......wtf.)

I'm not sure if the upgrades thing happened because we have Sammy so they didn't want obnoxious crap to occur but..... it feels bad. 

In terms of playability I think nerfing the stuffed piglet in July hurt us way too hard. It gave our non summoning masters even less options for crew selection because now our expensive fragile models are a bigger liability and outside somer/Ulix we have no consistent summoning so we fall behind on activations pretty quick. (we are Gremlins we are supposed to have masses of cheap shit)

It just feels pretty bad that like 25% of the good models book 2 gave us were crapped on, we got a bad book 3 & a pretty bad book 5. I also hate seeing errata in other factions keeping the models playable while we get our models totally butchered. (Mech Rider arguably got a buff to his trigger and got a minor tn increase to his summoning last time around....)

The way I see it every faction got way more than us in book 5 and somehow people keep calling for nerfs to Burt & McTavish. Which if it happened would be totally demoralizing as a Gremlins player (since they are the weakest in our own faction vs the other factions that hire them as mercs because things like debt to the guild or easy access to fast/copy abilities runs rampant elsewhere). 

I think wyrd needs to take a look at what they made because the difference between upgrade & new model power levels was way to much between factions. They gave Hamlin and Sandeep two awesome upgrades (one as an upgrade/ model (midnight stalker) and one as a model kandara). They are in the top 3 masters in the game and shouldn't be getting massive buffs made for them. Especially when you look at the load of trash Somer and Gremlins in general got...

This is exactly how I felt about book 5 at the release. Right now that's still true but I've found a few things hidden which make me smile at least a bit. 

For example: Brewie got way more than I thaught at the beginning and to my surprise: A Barkeeper never sleeps seems to be his worst upgrade =D
So most importantly,  he got Tanuki (I know this is things another faction got =D but to be honest Tanuki are a huge buff to the gremlin models of brewie and less so to tt models.). So at first I thaught: Ok 5ss to reactivate the Whiskey Golem. But the further my experience goes with them, the more potential rises.
They are excellent for a few things:
- Giving out drinks for your own crew. The "Bottles everywhere" aura lets you set up your whole crew with a lot of poison turn 1 and therefore enables pretty acurate healing without spending the to be healed model's ap on brewies heal. It makes brewies new obey basicly free on his own models. It synergizes with Fermented River Monks (You can set them up to easily reactivate turn 1 and therefore a 5ss minion is giving you 2 activations which is a huge buff for the normally low activation count on brewie crews.). Keep in mind "Bottles everywhere" is one of the few auras without the "without this or another model with this ability" wording. So multiple tanukis stack on this. And no, they are not just buff models and then useless. They can do a lot of work in the right scheme/strategy.
- Take a nap. Interference just got a fun for brewmaster. Yes I know, why wouldn't you take some? Cause this question can be applied to every situation sadly. 
- Their atk is beautiful for some things. Dropping scheme markers without a trigger is phenomenal.
- Reactivating and healing things. So obviously reactivating a Whiskey Golem is cool. But consider the other options. Fast on brewie is also nice and he doesnt say no to the 3 points of damage healed that come with it. Fingers with fast is cool, but we already had that in certain schemes when a skeeter flew fingers to their deployment to score covert breakthrough and recover evidence/leave your mark. Next option, moon shinobi. They, like the Whiskey Golem, needed a buff and they got one. Also they can be transported by an iron skeeter and while they have relatively low dmg, against the right targets they shine. Prime targets: Midnight Stalker, Hard to wound models, Yin, Riders... And wesley gives them recalled training on now 2 activations (One with fast if skeeter hits a tome).
- Dont forget a tanuki can reactivate and heal himself and other tanukis since they are tri-chi aswell. Same strategy as the moonshini strike but other goals. Schemepool has setup? Thank you, 3 points. Choose a low def model, fly in a reactivated tanuki at the end of the turn, charge the enemy, drop 3 scheme markers, call setup. Score search the ruins with 1 model while the enemy is defending it... Same thing for dig their graves. 
- Brewie can do things like obeying an enemy sniper to miss the tanuki and basicly move it huge distances.
- Reactivating wesley can be crucial in some situations (When he needs to move again to be in range to safe brewie or to cast binge again)

The next thing is the gremlin Crier. One of brewies problems was that even in a strategy he liked (extraction), he was in danger to lock down people in the wrong places. The gremlin crier shuts that down with his aura. Also the crier likes to have more cards than the opponent and brewie has binge. And binging your own stuff can draw you cards. And he has short range lure which is also nice with brewie. 

I have to try the Bokor to protect the whiskey golem and buff brewies casts. 

Btw. big brain brin seems like a pain in the ass to an enemy brewmaster player =D. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

and what exactly makes you take brewmaster to obey things you need to poison when our faction has the best obey master in the game ?

Truthfully? RULE OF COOL :D

Also, I've only been playing a little while and I know Brewmaster. Don't know Zoraida all that well, yet.

And really, I didn't rule out other masters - I just said I'd look at this through the eyes of Brewmaster! :)

...so now that's said, what do you think? It's a silly list, would probably never take, but as an idea?

21 minutes ago, Cadaver_Junkie said:

Truthfully? RULE OF COOL :D

Also, I've only been playing a little while and I know Brewmaster. Don't know Zoraida all that well, yet.

And really, I didn't rule out other masters - I just said I'd look at this through the eyes of Brewmaster! :)

...so now that's said, what do you think? It's a silly list, would probably never take, but as an idea?

I can actually answer my own question right here:
You dont want to be using this list to obey the roosters primarily but to swill opponents and they let the roosters destroy them. Swap Aionus with the 2 swinecursed if you wanna have even more fun with them roosters =). Before the Rooster nerf I played aionus with roosters in Zoraida and it was beautiful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

I can actually answer my own question right here:
You dont want to be using this list to obey the roosters primarily but to swill opponents and they let the roosters destroy them. Swap Aionus with the 2 swinecursed if you wanna have even more fun with them roosters =). Before the Rooster nerf I played aionus with roosters in Zoraida and it was beautiful.

Twice in the last week I’ve picked up an Aionus box and put it back down at the LGS. May become three times, without the put down...

He is tough to fit in the most crews. And tough to get use out of in the first few games. But once you play him to his potential he is really nice! He shines when every part of his card is used and in Gremlins you can use his fast for cheap models the best. He can move markers and create an enemy marker. I've used him to feed the first mate armor+1 at turn 1 and cycled some cards + got a soulstone with it. He his aoe slow duel can be nice in extraction. 

13 hours ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

This is exactly how I felt about book 5 at the release. Right now that's still true but I've found a few things hidden which make me smile at least a bit. 

For example: Brewie got way more than I thaught at the beginning and to my surprise: A Barkeeper never sleeps seems to be his worst upgrade =D
So most importantly,  he got Tanuki (I know this is things another faction got =D but to be honest Tanuki are a huge buff to the gremlin models of brewie and less so to tt models.). So at first I thaught: Ok 5ss to reactivate the Whiskey Golem. But the further my experience goes with them, the more potential rises.
They are excellent for a few things:
- Giving out drinks for your own crew. The "Bottles everywhere" aura lets you set up your whole crew with a lot of poison turn 1 and therefore enables pretty acurate healing without spending the to be healed model's ap on brewies heal. It makes brewies new obey basicly free on his own models. It synergizes with Fermented River Monks (You can set them up to easily reactivate turn 1 and therefore a 5ss minion is giving you 2 activations which is a huge buff for the normally low activation count on brewie crews.). Keep in mind "Bottles everywhere" is one of the few auras without the "without this or another model with this ability" wording. So multiple tanukis stack on this. And no, they are not just buff models and then useless. They can do a lot of work in the right scheme/strategy.
- Take a nap. Interference just got a fun for brewmaster. Yes I know, why wouldn't you take some? Cause this question can be applied to every situation sadly. 
- Their atk is beautiful for some things. Dropping scheme markers without a trigger is phenomenal.
- Reactivating and healing things. So obviously reactivating a Whiskey Golem is cool. But consider the other options. Fast on brewie is also nice and he doesnt say no to the 3 points of damage healed that come with it. Fingers with fast is cool, but we already had that in certain schemes when a skeeter flew fingers to their deployment to score covert breakthrough and recover evidence/leave your mark. Next option, moon shinobi. They, like the Whiskey Golem, needed a buff and they got one. Also they can be transported by an iron skeeter and while they have relatively low dmg, against the right targets they shine. Prime targets: Midnight Stalker, Hard to wound models, Yin, Riders... And wesley gives them recalled training on now 2 activations (One with fast if skeeter hits a tome).
- Dont forget a tanuki can reactivate and heal himself and other tanukis since they are tri-chi aswell. Same strategy as the moonshini strike but other goals. Schemepool has setup? Thank you, 3 points. Choose a low def model, fly in a reactivated tanuki at the end of the turn, charge the enemy, drop 3 scheme markers, call setup. Score search the ruins with 1 model while the enemy is defending it... Same thing for dig their graves. 
- Brewie can do things like obeying an enemy sniper to miss the tanuki and basicly move it huge distances.
- Reactivating wesley can be crucial in some situations (When he needs to move again to be in range to safe brewie or to cast binge again)

The next thing is the gremlin Crier. One of brewies problems was that even in a strategy he liked (extraction), he was in danger to lock down people in the wrong places. The gremlin crier shuts that down with his aura. Also the crier likes to have more cards than the opponent and brewie has binge. And binging your own stuff can draw you cards. And he has short range lure which is also nice with brewie. 

I have to try the Bokor to protect the whiskey golem and buff brewies casts. 

Btw. big brain brin seems like a pain in the ass to an enemy brewmaster player =D. 

So the thing is brew master is still the furthest master from competitive in the faction. Don't get me wrong this helped him some but he's still our worst master. So although brewmaster, Mah, & Ophelia got buffs they are still are not great. Zoraida is the only master that I felt got leaps and bounds better but because of the way will o' the wisp were released as single faction it just puts her way behind her Neverborn version (paying 2ss to hire one maybe two 3ss models is just bad.) 

Also brewmaster has the same exact problem as Zoraida in that to get tanuki & fermented river monks  he needs to waste 2ss....while in ten thunders he is in a much better position due to the terracotta warrior who can switch out the useless upgrade once the game starts. In addition with access to Yasunori his obey becomes freaking deadly. 

In terms of models that we got I said it before the only model I like is the crier and that's because he can let me cycle instead of discard (that's powerful for Ulix, brewmaster, Mah, Somer) . His other abilities are decent but wouldn't make him worth 7 ss (at least to me). He is fragile though so you need to take care of him.

Mr Big brain is pretty lame he can only reactivate two models of our whole range and requires a scheme marker to not kill them. The trigger ability can be nice but is super situational. He also dies to a breeze like every model we got in book 5.

The smuggler is a cool idea that is to random to get much use out of (though stoning the draw for discard 1 is kind of cool). Whoever thought the swap ability was good is highly mistaken...give the enemy a cycle and they get to choose if you draw two or switch places with a model on a CA 5 action.....they choose the least bad option and you waste the turn of a 6ss model. If it had like tn: 14 (need a 9) and could target your own models that would be pretty cool since you choose what happens when it's against your own stuff.

The flying piglet is not ever worth hiring & it's a summon to use on occasion. 

The bokor is weird and is bad. Our swampfiend enforcer and minion selection is quite poor so just like big brain you have to use subpar stuff to get something out of it. Honestly this model lets me down more than anything because when you compare it directly to the arcanist steamfitter it's total bull crap. The steamfitter can give a model armor one for the rest of the game + a condition to reduce a severe to a moderate one time for one AP and a scrap marker that it can make with it's (0) action. It works on every model including masters and until the end of the game.

The lowly bokor gives a one time use condition to lower the damage on enforcer & minion to 0 for one action.....until end of turn. So not only is it a one time effect but it also ends quickly so often does Nothing. It can also make swampfiend enforcer & minion reactivate, but just like big brain this model can only do it to two models (that are under powered). At least if it was all swampfiends you could try it with McTavish, Zoraida or the first mate....but no it works on two of our worst models.  (With Zoraida it gets a bit better borrowing some stuff from Neverborn but again the two stone tax seems to make it not worth it)

So like I said in my previous post the difference is stupid.  the steamfitter costs the same stones, impacts the game greatly as a support piece and is a nice scheme runner (walk twice then (0) for a scheme marker). while the bokor has a 1/2/3 attack and does little for relevant models....the difference in power is freaking stupid. 

I'm really excited about the Bokor. A 6 stone model, that can target DF *or* WP, give out slow, and give out a great debuff if I bring other gremlin casters? Yes please. And that is before their situational abilities to drop scheme markers, heal, protect, card draw...

I feel like comparing models to what other factions got is a mistake, because if everyone got the exact same abilities this game would get pretty stale. You are playing gremlins, try and find some cool things for gremlins can do. If you are upset that gremlins don't do the same things as arcanist models...     ... why aren't you just playing arcanists, who do those things?

14 hours ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

Loved the post, great ideas, but a quick point here. His copy ability is once per turn, so reactivate would not get him another use. I had initially planned on doing the same thing.

12 hours ago, lame0 said:

So the thing is brew master is still the furthest master from competitive in the faction. Don't get me wrong this helped him some but he's still our worst master. So although brewmaster, Mah, & Ophelia got buffs they are still are not great. Zoraida is the only master that I felt got leaps and bounds better but because of the way will o' the wisp were released as single faction it just puts her way behind her Neverborn version (paying 2ss to hire one maybe two 3ss models is just bad.) 

Also brewmaster has the same exact problem as Zoraida in that to get tanuki & fermented river monks  he needs to waste 2ss....while in ten thunders he is in a much better position due to the terracotta warrior who can switch out the useless upgrade once the game starts. In addition with access to Yasunori his obey becomes freaking deadly. 

In terms of models that we got I said it before the only model I like is the crier and that's because he can let me cycle instead of discard (that's powerful for Ulix, brewmaster, Mah, Somer) . His other abilities are decent but wouldn't make him worth 7 ss (at least to me). He is fragile though so you need to take care of him.

Mr Big brain is pretty lame he can only reactivate two models of our whole range and requires a scheme marker to not kill them. The trigger ability can be nice but is super situational. He also dies to a breeze like every model we got in book 5.

The smuggler is a cool idea that is to random to get much use out of (though stoning the draw for discard 1 is kind of cool). Whoever thought the swap ability was good is highly mistaken...give the enemy a cycle and they get to choose if you draw two or switch places with a model on a CA 5 action.....they choose the least bad option and you waste the turn of a 6ss model. If it had like tn: 14 (need a 9) and could target your own models that would be pretty cool since you choose what happens when it's against your own stuff.

The flying piglet is not ever worth hiring & it's a summon to use on occasion. 

The bokor is weird and is bad. Our swampfiend enforcer and minion selection is quite poor so just like big brain you have to use subpar stuff to get something out of it. Honestly this model lets me down more than anything because when you compare it directly to the arcanist steamfitter it's total bull crap. The steamfitter can give a model armor one for the rest of the game + a condition to reduce a severe to a moderate one time for one AP and a scrap marker that it can make with it's (0) action. It works on every model including masters and until the end of the game.

The lowly bokor gives a one time use condition to lower the damage on enforcer & minion to 0 for one action.....until end of turn. So not only is it a one time effect but it also ends quickly so often does Nothing. It can also make swampfiend enforcer & minion reactivate, but just like big brain this model can only do it to two models (that are under powered). At least if it was all swampfiends you could try it with McTavish, Zoraida or the first mate....but no it works on two of our worst models.  (With Zoraida it gets a bit better borrowing some stuff from Neverborn but again the two stone tax seems to make it not worth it)

So like I said in my previous post the difference is stupid.  the steamfitter costs the same stones, impacts the game greatly as a support piece and is a nice scheme runner (walk twice then (0) for a scheme marker). while the bokor has a 1/2/3 attack and does little for relevant models....the difference in power is freaking stupid. 

I agree with the powerlevel difference compared to other factions and while malifaux in general is pretty good in balancing things I guess, for gremlins it feels like there is some serious hate against them when it comes to wyrd developers... Or maybe Alex Schmidt is the one to blame here =D Maybe he crushed everyone so hard they thaught gremlins were totally op.... 

I dont think Brewie is the worst master in faction. I've played new mah a few times now and while she has some cool things, she felt weaker than Brewie overall. 
I think Brewie is highly underestimated.

12 hours ago, Flinroz said:

I'm really excited about the Bokor. A 6 stone model, that can target DF *or* WP, give out slow, and give out a great debuff if I bring other gremlin casters? Yes please. And that is before their situational abilities to drop scheme markers, heal, protect, card draw...

I feel like comparing models to what other factions got is a mistake, because if everyone got the exact same abilities this game would get pretty stale. You are playing gremlins, try and find some cool things for gremlins can do. If you are upset that gremlins don't do the same things as arcanist models...     ... why aren't you just playing arcanists, who do those things?

Loved the post, great ideas, but a quick point here. His copy ability is once per turn, so reactivate would not get him another use. I had initially planned on doing the same thing.

I meant that it can be crucial in later turns if you can move wesley to a way better position before brewie dies and resummon him in the right spot, so he can get away to score entourage for example.

Figured I'd try something gimmicky a few weeks ago, and so I created a "long-range-gremlin-bomber" list with Somer.

To do this, I used:

• Somer + 4 with Family Tree, Show Off and Stilts
  • Big Brain Brin
  • 2x Bayou Gremlins (hereafter called A and B)
  • Iron Skeeter with Poorly Handled Explosives
  • Pigapult.

You will need to out-activate your opponent for this to be truly effective, so I added Somer with Family Tree to create some Bayou Gremlin spam.

To begin with, you activate Big Brain Brin and give reactivate to Bayou Gremlin A, who is near the Pigapult.

Activate Bayou Gremlin B, go Drunk and Reckless so you now have 2 Wounds left. Remember to stay near the Pigapult.

Activate Iron Skeeter, and use "Catch!" (from the Poorly Handled Explosives) on Bayou Gremlin B.

Activate the Pigapult, and place Bayou Gremlin A and B within 2 of as many enemy models as you can, while being with LoS of Somer and within range of each other.

Activate Bayou Gremlin A, who has reactivate (but still havn't done his first activation) and remove Paralyze. Then use his reactivate, and cast "Ya'll Watch This" to cause 3 damage within 2 :pulse. This damage will then kill Bayou Gremlin B, who will blow up for 4 within :pulse

BOOM! 

A total of 7 damage done within 24 inches with not a single duel needed.

A very gimmicky, but fun combo :D

Long range bombing can be done with Zipp aswell. You can shoot pere ravage up the field with the pigapult late in the turn and give him the unstable condition with sparks before and also poorly handled explosives from a skeeter. then you can fly to him with zipp and throw him into the enemies 1 or 2 times, cheat up to severe and drop 1 or 2 blasts with 4 unreducable dmg onto their crew and then pere dies exploding for his dmg ability when he dies and another 4 dmg cause of the condition.

2 hours ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

Figured I'd try something gimmicky a few weeks ago, and so I created a "long-range-gremlin-bomber" list with Somer.

To do this, I used:

• Big Brain Brin
  • 3x Bayou Gremlins (hereafter called A, B and C)
  • Pigapult.

You will need to out-activate your opponent for this to be truly effective, so I added Somer with Family Tree to create some Bayou Gremlin spam.

To begin with, you activate Big Brain Brin and give reactivate to Bayou Gremlin A, who is near the Pigapult.

Activate Bayou Gremlin B, go Drunk and Reckless so you now have 2 Wounds left. Remember to stay near the Pigapult.

Activate Bayou Gremlin C, go Drunk and Reckless so you now have 2 Wounds left. Remember to stay near the Pigapult.

Activate Iron Skeeter, and use "Catch!" (from the Poorly Handled Explosives) on Bayou Gremlin B and C.

Activate the Pigapult, and place Bayou Gremlin A, B and C within 2 of as many enemy models as you can, while being with LoS of Somer and within 2 of each other

Activate Bayou Gremlin A, who has reactivate (but still havn't done his first activation) and remove Paralyze. Then use his reactivate, and cast "Ya'll Watch This" to cause 3 damage within 2 :pulse. This damage will then kill Bayou Gremlin B and C, who each will blow up for 4 within :pulse

BOOM! 

A total of 11 damage done within 24 inches with not a single duel needed.

Btw catch is only once per turn if I remember correctly.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:26 AM, GrumpyGrandpa said:

To do this, I used:

• Big Brain Brin
  • 2x Bayou Gremlins (hereafter called A and B)
  • Pigapult.

Activate Iron Skeeter, and use "Catch!" (from the Poorly Handled Explosives) on Bayou Gremlin B.

Activate the Pigapult, and place Bayou Gremlin A and B within 2 of as many enemy models as you can, while being with LoS of Somer and within range of each other.

Activate Bayou Gremlin A, who has reactivate (but still havn't done his first activation) and remove Paralyze. Then use his reactivate, and cast "Ya'll Watch This" to cause 3 damage within 2 :pulse. This damage will then kill Bayou Gremlin B, who will blow up for 4 within :pulse

BOOM! 

A total of 7 damage done within 24 inches with not a single duel needed.

Wouldn’t Pere + an iron skeeter be easier?

Use 11ish activations -> hit pere for 1 with a bayou -> iron skeeter places pere 12+1.5(in front of its base) and gives him fast -> pere goes reckless and with his 4 ap walk, charge, explodes. If Trixi is in the list you can do just do a third attack and chain pere with himself by cheating initiative ( so its 3x attacks turn 1, 2x attacks turn 2 and then explode). That’s like a 26.5 inch range for a deadly attack. ( min 4 to everyone who’s within 2 of pere when he dies, 6 inch df 13 duel that will either waste your opponents hand or you kill more stuff, 2-5x attacks that do blast damage on moderate and sever + crit strike)

I did the turn 1 -> turn 2 one two punch vs a guild player last week and he lost a few models + wasted all his good cards top of turn 2. 

On a side note with your combo I think it be funny to take killjoy instead of big brain (just have another bayou punch bayou B instead). Then you do 7 damage and they have killjoy to the face.

• 2 months later...

This came up a lot during playtesting before release, and yet designers (and the community, I should say) were not very responsive. As is, he's more than a bit underwhelming, and I think we'll eventually see an errata to his reactivate action because right now that's not worth it.

Condition removal is ok, always useful, but he IS fragile so need to be very careful with positioning.

I played him in Ophelia crew with Useless Junk and with all the movement/scheme/healing shenanigans he worked ok for me, but I have to say opponent didn't really try to hit him...