Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Two

1 hour ago, Mr Lucky said:

Oh my.. I wasn't expecting to place, I'm honored. 

My inspiration for this one just struck...

Congrats

• Thanks 1

i dont know what to say.... literally people who broke the rules made it into the top spots..... i guess its an eye opener to me for my first and last online painting competition.... that being said, a lot of great entries well done to all... just not my cup o' tea 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fllesh said:

i dont know what to say.... literally people who broke the rules made it into the top spots..... i guess its an eye opener to me for my first and last online painting competition.... that being said, a lot of great entries well done to all... just not my cup o' tea 

I'm not sure what happened either, I had you in my top 10. But don't give up, at least have fun with us in the bronze and get a raffle ticket for a chance to win.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PoodlesWithGuns said:

I looked up “Water, Water, Everywhere...”

it’s from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by  Samuel Taylor Coleridge

you can read it here: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43997/the-rime-of-the-ancient-mariner-text-of-1834

Hopefully that info is accurate and maybe it’ll help some folks with inspiration. 

for some reason I am stuck with "What will we do with a drunken sailor..." ;-)

https://youtu.be/qGyPuey-1Jw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoodlesWithGuns said:

you can read it here: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43997/the-rime-of-the-ancient-mariner-text-of-1834

Hopefully that info is accurate and maybe it’ll help some folks with inspiration. 

Hoping to see some iron maiden references. Not sure how to do it without sculpting Eddie or band members, and not much of a sculptor.

Felt slightly sociopathic typing "severely dehydrated person pics" in to Google

24 minutes ago, OneGreenOrk said:

Wow, It's great to see so many people finished round 1.

This theme is so open ended, I have several ideas that I want to complete. It's incredible.

I think is admirable that people, facing a hard challenge (I include myself) and use that challenge as a chance to improve and to try a new style...is really amaizing. 

This was my third time trying to made an OSL effect...and I practice and search resources to learn how to do it...and I am very happy (and surprised) of the result....and looking forward to face the next challenge! 

3 hours ago, PoodlesWithGuns said:

I actually loved that poem...and it did provide me with some inspiration! I have something in mind for this theme that will connect to that ;)

Yikes. Gold.

Last year silver was intense enough, and I knew I couldn't match anything I saw in gold.

Usually I come up with an idea within minutes of reading the theme, but this one...I'm struggling. The only idea I have is ambitious, and honestly not great. I spent the week off sharpening my sculpting skills, and it looks like I'm going to need them.

Oh, and I'm also paired against the person who I gave the highest score to in round one. The odds are against me this time.

2 hours ago, TheArtofWargaming said:

Good luck everybody! I suppose I now have to learn how to do water effects.....

I'm up against @Demonn Agram so it's going to be tough, his/her piece in round one was stellar.

thanks for the praise :)

your gremlin was awesome too!

good luck everyone...

Kinda interesting in that some gold tier who if they lose round two, can find themself against the same opponent then in round five as silver tier. If i'm reading it right.