Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Two

On 10/25/2017 at 1:12 PM, beergod said:

Well looks Like I'm in "I think I can time"

Welcome to the club. Would be nice if some polls would close after a cetain time. Some versus are painful to look at.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 5:36 PM, icatsai said:

I'm really worried about this next round, I'll lose about 5 days as I need to be away from home for work. 

Im hoping I can come up with an idea quickly so that I can maybe take some bits to prep while I'm away at least.

Excited but a little nervous too! 

That was my round one, because of a trip I really only had 5 days to work on my model. 

You could at least order models (if you need to) and draw out a plan while you're away if it's during the first half of the round. 9 days is still a decent amount of time to make something great. I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanna said:

That was my round one, because of a trip I really only had 5 days to work on my model. 

You could at least order models (if you need to) and draw out a plan while you're away if it's during the first half of the round. 9 days is still a decent amount of time to make something great. I wish you the best of luck!

I stated my round 1 piece on the last day and completed it in 12 hours. Hair dryers are great. Not my proudest work but at least it prevented my from DNF. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zanna said:

1 hour ago, Fenix729 said:

I stated my round 1 piece on the last day and completed it in 12 hours. Hair dryers are great. Not my proudest work but at least it prevented my from DNF. :lol:

I was in a similar situation this past round, I injured my offhand wrist, had an unexpected emergency room visit for my wife, and a bunch of failed epoxy pours that ate up almost all of my time. I ended up laying down the first base coat Saturday morning and finished the last mini at about 230 am on Monday. Luckily I was able to get into the studio for pictures after work, but then our editing computer went down a couple of hours before the deadline for the competition. Luckily I was able to get back to the house to snap a couple of pictures to prevent a DNF and I was able to get the computer working again after a few hours (had to wipe and reinstall the OS) to finish editing. As the tagline for Malifaux goes, Bad things happen.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zanna said:

I should get about a day after the new round theme is announced so, if I can settle on an idea that day, then I should be able to pack a small kit and get some prep done while I'm away. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beergod said:

I had time issues for rd 2 my family and I were on a Vacation. Hard to paint while on a cruise

you should have taken pictures with your model on a railing. that would have handled the theme well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, icatsai said:

I should get about a day after the new round theme is announced so, if I can settle on an idea that day, then I should be able to pack a small kit and get some prep done while I'm away. Fingers crossed...

I did that last round. luckily I was able to use a figure I already had

14 hours ago, Tinman said:

you should have taken pictures with your model on a railing. that would have handled the theme well.

didn't think of that. Dang 

• Haha 1

If anyone would like to give me some constructive feedback how I could improve would be much appreciated... This is the first time attempting anything like this... Last round first ever attempt at OSL and this round first attempt using resin... Good fun but would love some tips how to improve. 

31 minutes ago, Jpowah said:

If anyone would like to give me some constructive feedback how I could improve would be much appreciated... This is the first time attempting anything like this... Last round first ever attempt at OSL and this round first attempt using resin... Good fun but would love some tips how to improve. 

I’ve added some to the image in the gallery :-)