Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Two

Congratulations to all of you who made it through round one!  We want to say thank you so much for the awesome participation!  Not only were the entries amazing, the feedback, encouragement, and positive discussion on the forums was simply awesome to see.  Definitely goes to show what a wonderful community we have.  

We know the first round theme was a tough one.  We wanted to get a good set on the Gold, Silver, and Bronze tiers and man did we get some intense competition!  For this round we are going to be leaving it a bit more open to encourage some creativity, and truly inspire you guys!  With that the round two theme is...

Water, Water, Everywhere...

REMEMBER THAT ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME ON OCTOBER 23RD.

All final submissions should be posted in the gallery links below.  The links will be added at a later time.  

Gold: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/56-round-2-water-water-everywhere-gold-finished/

Silver: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/57-round-2-water-water-everywhere-silver-finished/

Bronze: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/58-round-2-water-water-everywhere-bronze-finished/

The WIP Gallery can be found at the following link

WIP: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/55-round-2-water-water-everywhere-wip/

Now on to the pairings!  Let's start off with the Gold tier:

59dbe4c6f4030_GoldTier.PNG.a896b2f5ebf8b66655e4c82b2d1673e2.PNG

Now the Silver Tier pairings!

59dbe4dbdc8d5_SilverTier.PNG.f71d8260012f9f3d65bf07385b0b5ecc.PNG

And finally the Bronze Tier pairings!

59dbe58a7a330_BronzeTier1.PNG.3d19fe17c87bcb346bdc42e56c0c0b06.PNG

59dbe5918ccab_BronzeTier2.PNG.f2bc590cdaad7e31d690db2482b6be57.PNG

A few reminders!  

1) All submissions should be one image.  This could be a collage of multiple angles, but it should be one image.  It should be submitted as a.jpeg and no larger than 7000 x 7000 pixels.  

2) Work in Progress photos (WIP) and sharing is not only allowed but encouraged.  This contest is not anonymous so share as much as you want!  You should be proud of your Iron Painter work, and we want you to be able to share how awesome it is.  

3) Some participants will not finish their painting in time.  It happens! Anyone who does not finish their model automatically loses their Round and is eliminated from the competition (not just dropped down a Tier)

If there are multiple DNFs in a Round, their opponents who did finish their models will be randomly paired up against each other, as long as they are in the same Tier. Iron Painter is a competition, and if your opponent couldn’t handle the pressure, we’re going to go ahead and get you an adversary that is made of sterner stuff.

It is possible that this will still result in a participant without an opponent, in which case that participant will automatically win that round (assuming they aren’t disqualified by the Easy Way Out restriction; see below).

EASY WAY OUT

Any submission that is up against a DNF may be disqualified if it gets a total score of less than 12 points (averaged). This counts as a loss. This rule is intended to stop people who see that their opponent will be a DNF from taking the easy way out and submitting a “meh” piece of work.

4) If you have any questions please ask me!  I want to help, and make sure there is no confusion.  

Good luck to everyone going forward, if the works are half as good as last round we're all in for some treats. And thanks to Kai for the effort it must've taken to get this sorted today

1 minute ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Probably tomorrow. As it was, it was an all day affair getting to this point and making certain rankings and theme was up for y'all today before everyone left the office for the day (as it was, some still stayed to make it happen).

Thank you Wyrd team for making it happen :)

12 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Probably tomorrow. As it was, it was an all day affair getting to this point and making certain rankings and theme was up for y'all today before everyone left the office for the day (as it was, some still stayed to make it happen).

Thank you Wyrd team! Your hard work is very appreciated!

Wow-wow-wow, what is happening here? For the first round I thought of painting a fire giant .. and osl happened, now I wanted to go after the sea monster .. Kai, are we in rapport, or do you read my mind? I'm skërD

13 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Happy to wait, Thanks for all the effort, really enjoying this. Happy and comfortable in Bronze.

15 minutes ago, Zatch said:

the placement seems so weird! some of the pieces I thought were easily gold tier only made silver.

Agreed, there were a few I thought were gold level and ended up in the bronze. I look forward to the pro judges and seeing how they do feedback for everyone or the bracketed folks.