Irish I was dead.

I'd take a pass on that tournament, that sounds horrible! :D Why would you force fixed lists without revealing schemes? That is basically the opposite of Malifaux.

Not that I play Seamus at all but I think a necropunk would make my list for doing basically any marker scheme.

I wouldn't, and I'm probably the biggest fan of Seamus that exists.

He got better certainly, but he's still a pretty low tier master and he has bad matchups. In a fixed master environment you want to minimize the amount of factors that can cause a loss that are outside your control, and that means playing masters that don't have their core mechanics shut down if the opponent just happens to play the right stuff.

• Like 1

Both his new upgrades are dope. I've been playing him with Sinister Reputation, Do You Know Who I Am, and either AKA Sebastian Baker or Corpse Bloat a lot lately. Even so, fixed list is rough for Seamus.

There's a number of interesting lists he can do now but without knowing the board, schemes or opponents it's difficult to know which build is worth taking. He really struggles with generic, take-all-comers lists.

Whatever you do, I'd suggest taking both new upgrades, and Datsue Ba.

Yep, Seishin are the primary reason for Datsue Ba. Seishin can freely teleport to Seamus when he activates. Their mighty Ht 2 blocks LoS to most things, enabling Back Alley and more or less removing the requirement for Red Chapel Killer. As long as he's taking Sinister Rep they also become fairly accurate at attacking things. 

Datsue Ba herself contributes to WP dickery but also fills a niche of ignoring Armour and getting around Hard to Kill which are both abilities that Seamus and a lot of other things he wants to hire usually have difficulty with.

• Like 1

@Fetid Strumpet I have been mostly paying attention to Neverborn boards for a while now, as Seamus is my only (and most loved) Rezzur master.  Have you posted your thoughts on his new upgrades and how he plays post wave 5 somewhere that I may read?  I understand he is still lower tier but a fin casual game with him may be in my future and I'd like to read your input. 

PS sorry for thread-jacking.

Yea I tried Seamus again with his new willpower upgrades and it's just not good enough.  If they have any reasonable way to mitigate horror, or just attack from > 6" away, it doesn't quite work.... for the willpower build he just has to commit himself to danger, hope he doesn't die, and rely on your opponent to actually attack the terrifying models w/in that bubble.