Pandora Tactica

spikes

@Sweet Tooth:

Ah, now I see it. I always read it as 'same friendly model only once', so different models yes, one model just once. I guess I have cheated a couple of times unintentionally :/.

It could still work though. Graves pushes Pandora and is pushed in BtB. Then does whatever (move somewhere, lay a marker). Then Doppelganger moves up in a way she will be blocked by Graves but is within 2" of Pandora. Mimic and push Pandora. Lilitu will have to walk up there. Maybe you can move once and have someone in range of a Lure. If your opponent activated a model and moved it up, then Lilitu could lure it forward and Pandora would then be really clos eto the poor bugger. Generally I'D try to do the push combo either later in the turn if you think your opponent will move up or try to get initiative and do it quickly if there are a couple of models deployed opposite of pandora so that they can't all get away in 2 activations.

• Like 1

Played Pandora at a tourney on the weekend and used Aeslin in my Woe if Me build. Wicked Silence hits particularly hard when there's a few Sorrows around, took people by surprise. If there's just 2 Misery auras nearby you're looking at 4 damage each time, and with Casting Expert that can easily hit 8 or 12 damage.

No one bothered trying to kill her before she charged in. After she charged in they couldn't really retaliate with a dead model.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, Domin said:

Tested yesterday:

Declared Faction: Neverborn 
Crew Name: Open the Box 50ss 
Leader: Pandora - Cache:(3)
   Fears Given Form 1ss 
   Rile Them Up 2ss 
   Woe is Me 2ss 
Doppleganger 7ss 
Mysterious Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Sorrow 0ss 
Serena Bowman 7ss 
   A Thousand Faces 1ss 
Bloodwretch 5ss 
Beckoner 6ss 
   Warped Reality 1ss 
Insidious Madness 5ss 

The main thing is a "Pandorapult" engine that consists of:
- placing Beckoner wia FtS within 4 of Dora, and use her lure tricks to move her 8"
- killing Serena Bowman to make Dora do her Incite wia Rile Them Up
- polish it with the regular Incite.

With this, we can possibly move Dora up to 24" without spending any of her AP.

2nd part of a crew is my regular card-cycling engine, which gives Dora resourses she needs.

At last - Insidious Madness for a scheme-run and little support.

After a test game I came to conclusion that IM should be replaced with Mr. Tannen.

Another way to cycle cards, except you get more cards: With the Emissary and Widow weaver you can copy the weaver's whenever a model within 6" fails a horror duel. Then, you shoot Serena bowman to death with changelings and a widow weaver, cheating down the horror duels so she fails. Each time she does, you'll draw two cards. When she dies, Pandora wile get her Incite, and the rest of the cycle continues. Only downside is that you'll have to replace the insidious madness, doppleganger and bloodwretch with a widow weaver and two changelings, but the rest of the crew works just fine. Be aware that this has a fair amount of variability in it, black jokers, red jokers etc; but you should be able to smooth this over by having models nearby to kill Serena if she manages to survive. 

4 hours ago, catbat07 said:

Another way to cycle cards, except you get more cards: With the Emissary and Widow weaver you can copy the weaver's whenever a model within 6" fails a horror duel. Then, you shoot Serena bowman to death with changelings and a widow weaver, cheating down the horror duels so she fails. Each time she does, you'll draw two cards. When she dies, Pandora wile get her Incite, and the rest of the cycle continues. Only downside is that you'll have to replace the insidious madness, doppleganger and bloodwretch with a widow weaver and two changelings, but the rest of the crew works just fine. Be aware that this has a fair amount of variability in it, black jokers, red jokers etc; but you should be able to smooth this over by having models nearby to kill Serena if she manages to survive. 

That's a wonderful idea! But I see it realised in another way. 

Firstly, we shouldn't replace the doppleganger - she's simply too cool for her costs. 

Seconly, there's no need to take changelings for stones since Emy with Tannen can easily summon them.

So the final variant of such list is:

Declared Faction: Neverborn 
Crew Name: Open the Box 50ss 
Leader: Pandora - Cache:(3)
   Fears Given Form 1ss 
   Rile Them Up 2ss 
   Woe is Me 2ss 
Widow Weaver 8ss 
Doppleganger 7ss 
Mysterious Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Sorrow 0ss 
Serena Bowman 7ss 
   A Thousand Faces 1ss 
Mr. Tannen 6ss 
Beckoner 6ss 

So we have less stones, less protection from projectiles, but a lot more card-cycling. I think the best way of activation is:

1. Tannen, placing scheme, walking and activating aura. 

2. Serena, placing scheme and walking.

3. Emy, copying Widow's aura and conjuring 2 changelings (it's the worst thing of a plan - needing two 5+ masks on drawing hand+soulstone draw).

4. Changelings, each making 1 weaver's attack on Serena. So we get 4 cards and damage Serena on 2 points. 

5. WW activates, and can either do her two attacks on Serena or one attack and one placing attack to Beckoner - to give her the advance we lost due to dropping Warped Reality.

5. Beckoner activates, luring Dora as much as she can.

6. Doppleganger copy Weaver's attack, with 7+tomes make it 3 times. So it's 6 more cards, and 3 more damage on Serena. 

I think that on this step we gonna kill Serena and do Thousand Faces thing.

7. Dora activates and bring them hell with her awesome hand up to 20 cards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The idea is fun, but I fear that the list might have trouble with most schemes. 

Personally I would swap Tannen with a Wisp and Rile them up with Aether Connection. This does change the plan a little I know, but Pandora having a full cache of stones together with Aether Connection is essential to me in this list since pretty much all the eggs are in her basket and if she dies the game will go south fast. This does mean that she can't push up 8 when serena dies, but she can just take a 4 walk and I feel the vastly increased survivability is worth the decreased mobility. 

The Wisp not being able to place scheme markers does change the order of operation a bit, but I doubt you can just expect to have the two masks needed for making the scheme markers into changelings anyway. The Wisp frees up stones that can be used to add suits to pandoras abilities as well as keeping her alive. Also it can take the poltergeists two action and the wisps call is a very strong ability in a pandora list to deal dmg through misery or to force a model engaged by pandora to take a walk towards the Wisp and hopefully failing its disengange and thereby keeping the condition. 

It's not changes to my list - it's a new one. With another tactics and another style of play.

I've tested my list against Nelle, and I saw Dora died on 2nd turn - cause of all 12+ were wasted while card sycling.

But guess what? While Dora was the firemagnit, other parts of list moved to the center of the field and make me win the game. Just remembering how changeling buried the Brutal Emissary with his own attack makes me smile) As well as Widow Weaver scarying Bishop, Emissar and Phiona to death. And of course - Mr. Tannen,  draining the opponent's hand with his awesome aura.

• 1 month later...

I am wanting to come back to Pandora for a while and wanted to play the brawler style. Not optimal i know but i find it fun. Whats the latest take on the must haves for brawler Pandora? if possible i want to take Kade and a Teddy just because, i want not lose every game but am happy to not be optimised and go with theme instead. Pandy, Kade, Teddy, Poltergoost, 3 sorrows, iggy, what else?

On 8/6/2018 at 6:45 AM, Old Major said:

I am wanting to come back to Pandora for a while and wanted to play the brawler style. Not optimal i know but i find it fun. Whats the latest take on the must haves for brawler Pandora? if possible i want to take Kade and a Teddy just because, i want not lose every game but am happy to not be optimised and go with theme instead. Pandy, Kade, Teddy, Poltergoost, 3 sorrows, iggy, what else?

I think there aren't "must haves" (maybe models that you take 80% of the time) but here my take on pandy brawler:

Kade now at 6 is fine (even if he works better in Woe is me), personally i don't like Teddy, i think there are better options. IMHO always take Pmagic rather than poltergeist, 3 sorrows are way too much, 1 is fine (if you want a sorrow at alla costs) and you already double the damage without losing too much versatility / toughness. 

Models i use frequently: Insidious Madnesses, Lilitu, Dopple, Lust, Rider, Iggy.  Sometimes: 1 Sorrow, Changelings, effigy, Kade, Wisp. Rarely: Coppelius, Barbaros, Emissary. I don't suggest to use Nekima in brawler pandy: you can't sustain both with stones. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, Sc4rpelli said:

I played a few games with summoning Pandora and I noticed there's no rare number on the sorrows. Does anyone had more than 3 at the same time on a game? Is it worth to get an additional sorrows box? 

I would say the real answer is different from person to person. Have you had lots of occasions you've had 3 sorrows and want to summon more? In which case you might get value out of another box. But that's it going to be universal. Depending on who you play with, you could try using proxies for sorrows 4,5&6 and see how much you use them. 

In general I wouldn't recommend  buying more sorrows just in case you might summon them eventually

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adran said:

I would say the real answer is different from person to person. Have you had lots of occasions you've had 3 sorrows and want to summon more? In which case you might get value out of another box. But that's it going to be universal. Depending on who you play with, you could try using proxies for sorrows 4,5&6 and see how much you use them. 

In general I wouldn't recommend  buying more sorrows just in case you might summon them eventually

It makes a lot of sense. Now that I thought about it, I've never been in a situation that I wanted to summon more than three. Also with the M3E changes it is probably best to avoid niche purchases. I guess I'll buy butulgin for my Titania instead!

• mattc unpinned this topic