Kai

Iron Painter Round One - Voting

The time has come!  The brushes are down, the paint has dried, and those who finished have let loose a sigh of relief.  Now comes the voting!  A few reminders about voting before you get the link to the voting page!

1) To be eligible to vote you must be an active forum member, with 10 or more posts at the time of voting (that means you should already have 10 posts), or a participant in the Iron Painter 2017 who SUBMITTED a FINISHED painted miniature.  If you are not eligible to vote, your votes WILL be discounted.  

2) You MUST vote for everyone.  If your submission only contains some votes, or does not include a score for every entrant your votes WILL be discounted.  You should also vote for everyone FAIRLY and WITHOUT bias.  Any attempt to "throw" the votes off will be noticed, and will result in your votes being discounted.  

3) All votes must be in by midnight Eastern Standard Time, on October 8th to be counted.  A countdown will be added to the forum page.  

4) To see the images click on the "Other Sizes" button (see the picture below) and you can see the larger image sizes, without the restriction of the Galleries lightbox. 

59d3be73d9451_UpdatedInstructiosn.png.3c0f6695b02662a3de12141abaab2d29.png

5) If you made a submission in the first round you will soon be receiving an Iron Painter forum badge.  Wear it with pride!

6) If you are UNSURE of anything ASK.  Better to check with us first.  You can PM me here on the forums to get a hold of me directly.  

Here is the voting link: https://www.wyrd-games.net/iron-painter-voting  

Now go out and vote!

4 minutes ago, Demonn Agram said:

@KaiWe must vote for everyone, ok. so I guess, we must vote for our own entries?

Yep!

I really like voting system :) maybe in the next time we as well get the miniatures, not only the link to make it even easier :)

Good luck everybody:)

If I understand it right, I can vote on behalf of my finished submission. Still, I'm not sure I want to. Not sure if I can be objective enough. To my own work (been trying to finish it all night before Monday, got to sleep 1 hour before work, could have pushed osl a bit further, photo selection could have been better, made those at 6 am, then came home in the evening just to see a different deadline, 10 more hours, could have slept, I thought, and decided to just roll with what I already submitted. Cried it out, sorry:) It is my very first finished  mini, might as well be a little bit proud of it. And I am:) ) I would give like 15 points, that's 3 points higher than minimum to win against DNF in following rounds, so it is not high, or is it? Guess,I will just let more experienced painters judge. There are some pretty great works. Hope one day I would paint as good)

9 minutes ago, DDm said:

If I understand it right, I can vote on behalf of my finished submission. Still, I'm not sure I want to. Not sure if I can be objective enough. To my own work (been trying to finish it all night before Monday, got to sleep 1 hour before work, could have pushed osl a bit further, photo selection could have been better, made those at 6 am, then came home in the evening just to see a different deadline, 10 more hours, could have slept, I thought, and decided to just roll with what I already submitted. Cried it out, sorry:) It is my very first finished  mini, might as well be a little bit proud of it. And I am:) ) I would give like 15 points, that's 3 points higher than minimum to win against DNF in following rounds, so it is not high, or is it? Guess,I will just let more experienced painters judge. There are some pretty great works. Hope one day I would paint as good)

Give yourself a few days and come back and try to vote. Maybe you'll have a new perspective. ;)

Similarly, this is my first miniature I can call completely painted in a long time. So far I'm glad that I'm in the competiotion and I almost gave up because I thought I don't have any more time, but there was a different dead line.
I'm alos happy to have friends that told me that there is a new deadline and that I have friends who teached me how to paint properly :)

30 minutes ago, BruceStrange said:

Error. 2 same pic. Top 2 are same. Also same error as posted above.

Screenshot_20171003-133306.png

Hot diggity. I know it wasn't my best work but ditched from the contest right away :huh:

Here's my actual entry if anyone wants to check it out while Wyrd fixes the issue:

Tech can be a pain sometimes, can't it Kai :P

3 minutes ago, Maulwurfmann said:

Can´t open Olethros - Crooked Man

Just this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2G188/1

•  

+1

Yay, voting!

I am little wary of just filling in the form as I go along, since it is so long. What if my browser or computer crashes, or something else happens? So I created a quick excel file to fill in. Once I have this done I will just put the scores in the site all at one time by hand.

I thought I'd share it in case anyone else might have a use for it. This is completely unsanctioned, and I won't guarantee that it is free from any errors -- I just typed it real quick for my one use.  (Oh, and if it happens to add up my own score to a perfect 25, just don't worry about it :D)

Here's the file:

http://kraftsy.com/ironpainter2017_round1.xlsx

BTW, some of y'all have some weird user names! :D

So we vote on Theme, and then vote on Technical skill? In this case, there is no theme, it is a Technical skill. So strange.

I accidentally posted the wrong pic and then could not remove it. As a result I have two pics in the gallery now and the link points to the wrong one. I'm really sorry for the confusion this may cause, hopefully it can get fixed. Ma bad.:(

18 minutes ago, Whirler said:

Yay, voting!

I am little wary of just filling in the form as I go along, since it is so long. What if my browser or computer crashes, or something else happens? So I created a quick excel file to fill in. Once I have this done I will just put the scores in the site all at one time by hand.

I thought I'd share it in case anyone else might have a use for it. This is completely unsanctioned, and I won't guarantee that it is free from any errors -- I just typed it real quick for my one use.  (Oh, and if it happens to add up my own score to a perfect 25, just don't worry about it :D)

Here's the file:

http://kraftsy.com/ironpainter2017_round1.xlsx

I am not On your list!! I actually haven't checked the official voting yet.  But looks like I better double check I am there

1 minute ago, easily_mused said:

I am not On your list!! I actually haven't checked the official voting yet.  But looks like I better double check I am there

You are, on row 81 :)