Monthly painting challenge -- October

prof_bycid

@SoylentRobot Nice! How did you do the reddish metal on the Necrotic Machine?

@MunkyMuddFace Top Notch! Care to spill how you did the cracking ice on the dancers base :)?

Contrary to what I planned, I ended up painting Phillip and the Nanny, just before the month is over (and putting me at 19ss done this month):

IMG_4579.jpg
IMG_4580.jpg

I switched the usual head out for one from the TTB-Set, because I think the original is waay too large.

• Like 8

I just finished up my second horseman of the apocalypse!  I present The Hooded Rider (who I think of as "War" ... thus, the red horse). 

So I painted a Thalarian Queller (6SS), two Death Marshals (12SS), 4 Corrupted Hounds (12SS), The Mysterious Emissary (10SS), The Shadow Emissary (10SS), and this beast (12SS) in October.  That should be 62SS worth of plastic for this month :) .... not that anyone but me is counting ;) 

@SoylentRobot - that Necrotic Machine is looking really nice!  (and someone get Phillip a towel or a tissue, for heaven's sake... that's a lot of blood for one head) 

@Sandmann - I really like that blue, and your white is really clean.  The contrast is really nice. 

@prof_bycid - I really like those bases.  I have never tried sand... and I dread the day I make that leap. 

@MunkyMuddFace - The purple/pink blend for your first IP is really nice.  I've had no success figuring out how to blend without it being obvious where one color stopped and the other started.

large.59f70abb1c25b_HoodedRider1.jpg.d34

large.59f70ac2757ff_HoodedRider3.jpg.e76

• Like 6

As promised, here are the pics of my remaining three models - Burt Jebsen, Malifaux Child, Hanged.

Burt Jebsen

large_Burt.JPG.f779f612c734bb60053834254large.Jebsen.JPG.6ca34c0a361ee8e2805fe30

Malifaux Child

large.59f72f1a16f7f_MalufauxChild.JPG.07

Hanged

large.Hanged.JPG.5f555a197dd96df5f0ae3a2

I picked up a handy little lightbox. Over all I like it, but am struggling a bit with the light washing some of my colors out. The lightbox came with 4 back drops - Black, White, Red, and Blue. I have mostly used Black and White... I also need to play with my phone camera settings.

• Like 5

On 10/29/2017 at 8:04 AM, Sandmann said:

@MunkyMuddFace Top Notch! Care to spill how you did the cracking ice on the dancers base :)?

Sure thing!

I used a "deep dish" base that comes with the Micro-arts base inserts (I jumped in on the KS, so have loads of them). I clipped the edge of one so that I could get the ice ramp rigth to the edge of the base. With the ice ramp in place, I put a thin layer of Milli Put. I ended up with some finger prints in the milliput, so I had to look for something to smooth out the surface. I had some clay working tools from a Green Stuff clinic, and one of them had a small disc at one end  (the other end was scalpel shape). I uses the disc to press down. Not only did this smooth the fingerprints out, but it created a wavey kinda look. Once I was satisfied with the waves, I let it cure, then painted as normal. Purple in the deepspots, blue-green on the high spots. A thin layer of blue to tie it all together, then some lighter highlights. After that, it was a resin pour that was very lightly (read: barely) tinted blue. 

For October I finished:

• Zoraida (15)
  • Bad Juju (8)
  • a broken Rusty Alyce (10)
  • Miss Ery (11)
  • Iggy (5)
  • 2 Silurids (14)
  • Bandersnatch (5)
  • Will 'o the Wisps (3)
  • Hollow Waif (5 I think... 0ss model no cache)
  • Voodoo Doll (3)

for a total of 82 I think. I also started a bunch more but didn't quite finish so they'll be done in November. As usual, pics in my album here: 

• Like 4

I'm late, and I apologize, but I was lost in the Upside Down...

Anyway, had a pretty productive month! 

Started off with the monster portion of my Horror Movie October, finishing up Titania and Barbaros, then getting the Thorn and Aeslin painted as well for a Neverborn 41sslarge.20171101_182059.jpg.968d362e306c2be6835c66f45558844c.jpg

Then moves along to the Zombie movie in the latter half of the month. With Rowan/Lady Rafkin, Sebastian, the Chihuahua, two Canine Remains (Iggy Pup making a special guest appearence), and two flesh constructs (Frankenstein's monster and an undead wolfman made from the largest translucent zombie) the Ressers gain 36ss, and I can now finally run Dufresne/McMourning.large.20171101_181955.jpg.34020b40b94f97d127f0f1494a7a287e.jpglarge.20171101_181858.jpg.7b2d21656aca6f315397d331f00b9fb2.jpg

All told, 77ss. Tune in on the November post, where we'll find out if I ever actually plan on putting paint on the poor Ramone Sister/Mounted Guard!

• Like 4

Sorry for the delay guys! Here are my pictures, I'll update them as soon as I can with others with higher quality, but these will have to do for now.

* 2 dead bandits (2x6 SS)

* Viktoria of Ashes (15SS)

* Viktoria of Blood (10 SS)  

* Vanessa (8 SS)

* Taelor (10 SS)

* Hanged (9 SS)

* Hans (8 SS)

In total, 72 SS

IMG_20171102_225322.jpg

IMG_20171102_225205.jpg

IMG_20171102_225413.jpg

IMG_20171102_225511.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for the extreme delay. It got busy at work and I forgot that I didn't post the finished pictures of my waldgeists, though it was just finishing up some details.

I hope that that is still ok @prof_bycid?

I got just the 3 waldgeists done (18ss). I'll be having more time next week again so I will continue with some cyclopses which are awesome miniatures.

large.IMG_20171110_074358.jpg.b09005e035b235c63c1a4addfc4f510d.jpg

• Like 3