McMourning Wish List

Elementrix

Hello all.

Getting back into Malifaux with some friends after around 2-3 years away an as such am building a few crews from each faction.  With regards to ressurectionists,  I am looking at building a competitive Mc Mourning crew.  Luckily i have no budget and so have been looking at the various threads to try and cobble together the best crew possible.

Just looking to collate my thoughts here and see what people who play mcmourning and know him a damn sight better than me think I should buy in order to field a fluffy but competitive crew for the good doctor.  What would you guys buy?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Freman said:

As part and parcel of this, what Beasts and Academics have people found work well with McMourning? Obviously there are some themed choices, like Myranda being his niece, but we don't choose just for theme.

In ressers you can scheme with necropunks but if playing him in guild I would recommend silurids or gupps to do marker schemes. Right now a model with leap is a pretty reliable way to always score 3vp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

Oh right, how could we forget to mention the Scorpius? Free slow during your start of activation phase with catalyst, which you won't be able to use to kill the scorpius because its got armor so one hit probably wont do it, then it regens 2 (1 from test subject aura) on its turn!

It's going to require some thought towards positioning, that scorpius is a big block of ... well... blocking trait. Apart from that it fits McMourning better than it's own faction. :) 

7 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

A rattler with a nurse seems nice. Benfit from +2 armor but still get :+fate to disengaging or get +2 ml damage to wicked strikes. 

Well they could not try to disengage from you and just use pushes like everyone does to get out of combat. Or bash you to death while you're on negatives. ;) 

• Like 1

On 2017-10-02 at 3:50 PM, Nukemouse said:

There are some crew with pushes, but i would hope you wouldn't be using downers whilst in threat range of something that ignores armor!

Not only models ignoring armour, anything that applies some nasty condition or can cause even a simple Tn 12 horror duel just got insanely dangerous to that rattler. A model with a decent damage track but iffy attack stat that would have likely missed your high defense can now hit you and put some damage past that armour.

I really don't see in what situation the armour is worth those negatives, what kind of model are you trying to keep engaged because it seems to me like you just made it easier for the model you are engaging to damage you.