Monday Preview - Hinamatsu

Nef

I am going to like Hinamatsu though I just noticed something about the art that struck me as odd and now cannot unsee it.

The puppet is holding two swords.  It has 4 sheaths at its waist, all good so far.  But as it draws a third sword you can see it still has two more additional sheathed swords.  So a Total of 5 blades but 4 sheaths.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EnternalVoid said:

I am going to like Hinamatsu though I just noticed something about the art that struck me as odd and now cannot unsee it.

The puppet is holding two swords.  It has 4 sheaths at its waist, all good so far.  But as it draws a third sword you can see it still has two more additional sheathed swords.  So a Total of 5 blades but 4 sheaths.

Who know what she's got tucked away in all the folds of those robes?  Also, she is a puppet, not restricted as we 'meat sacks' are, part of her could sheath the blade (down through the shoulders into the torso?) to keep it hidden when needed (just look at coryphee).

Or maybe she just took someone else's blade.

I'm looking at the bigger (flipped) version in the book, and I think the facts are this:

• Two hands are holding swords.
  • There are three sword hilts for undrawn swords visible.
  • There are four sword sheaths visible.  There could be more hidden in folds.
  • The Action on the card is named Four Katana.
  • It's unwise to argue with an animated puppet about how many swords it's supposed to have.  ^_^
  • "Faster than the naked eye" is the best card draw mechanic.  "Am I discarding a low card to draw a new one, or cheating to hit you?"  

Honestly, Wyrds stuff has gotten so much better to build. Models are cut in better ways, joins are keyed really well. This model will have some really fragile parts, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be that hard to build.

I'm not counting Nightmare releases, because it seems Wyrd is making those harder and harder just to be sadistic.

• Like 6

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, -Loki- said:

I'm not counting Nightmare releases, because it seems Wyrd is making those harder and harder just to be sadistic.

Oh, by the Two Moons, this did make me ROFL (sez the guy who's been just staring at his "Nightmare Cats" sprues ever since he got them)...:D

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 4:43 PM, Shafaar said:

amazing... need to find a way to fit him into TT crew ;)

Good luck! 

I wish we could too though!  She would have gone awesome with the Bunraku whom are dual faction.  No idea which Master she'd cool with, but she's just such a sweet model!