Box Sets to complement Herald of Obliteration

Phinn

1 hour ago, Phinn said:

Asking questions left, right and middle, because I know nothing about The Outcasts.

I haven't finished assemling Tara's crew yet, but out of sheer curiosity...
With what master/s does Tara share models? From what I've read I understand that Outcast masters unfotunately generally do not share a lot of models apart from "all stars" like Johan.

Void Wretch is nice cheap scheme runner in any crew. Nothing Beast is solid henchman, but has some competition in 10ss slot.

Tara herself doesn't want anything from other masters. Besides maybe Trappers for double focused shots, or Librarian for healing support, maybe Hannah for heavy burying crew, but I find her a bit pricy with 2ss upgrade.

10 hours ago, Phinn said:

With what master/s does Tara share models? From what I've read I understand that Outcast masters unfotunately generally do not share a lot of models apart from "all stars" like Johan.

Viktorias like Scion of the Void since they have an access to burying. Void Wretches are also fine with them.

With what master did you play them, @Freman? Leveticus?

Not that I am going to buy any of those box sets any time soon, but I was thinking:

• Desolation Engine and later Salvage and Logistics
  • Hired Guns - If I understand it correctly, most of The Outcasts masters can use Von Schill's Freikorps.

That was actually my next question, @thatlatinspeakingguy :D If Talos and Scion of the Void are only for Tara and won't find use out of her crew.

The more I read about The Outcasts the more it seems that I should buy half of The Resurrectionists as well :D Karina's summoning, Leveticus' Pariah of Bone, Jack Daw's Tormented models...

Another question I have: With what master is Marlena Webster going to see play?

18 minutes ago, Phinn said:

The more I read about The Outcasts the more it seems that I should buy half of The Resurrectionists as well :D Karina's summoning, Leveticus' Pariah of Bone, Jack Daw's Tormented models...

You can treat Levi as a faction in itself and do not count him in the number of Outcasts masters, it will make life simpler ;) As for Jack, you don't need anything beside Jaakuna Ubume and Nurse, which you probably already have as a Zoraida player. And Karina's summoning happens veeeery rarely from what I have already seen.

3 hours ago, Phinn said:

Not that I am going to buy any of those box sets any time soon, but I was thinking:

• Hired Guns - If I understand it correctly, most of The Outcasts masters can use Von Schill's Freikorps.

That was actually my next question, @thatlatinspeakingguy :D If Talos and Scion of the Void are only for Tara and won't find use out of her crew.

I don't see Talos outside Tara's crew, but Scion is nice toolbox for nearly any master, especially Viks. For Karina you really do not need anything besides Punk Zombies and Autopsies, I won't bother with Bone Levy (man, I won't bother even with Iron, he is good in faction now), and Jack needs only Jaakune, Nurses and maybe Crooked.

3 hours ago, Phinn said:

I played them with the Viktorias. The Scion of the Void is a very useful model with the new Soaring Dragons upgrade, and allows Blood to get an extra 10 inches of range at the start of the game. Then you run up with Ashes, Fury, and chain activate Blood and "choppy choppy".

I personally prefer Bishop over Killjoy as a second beater to NB's first. If you can prey on WP debuffing (with Price of Haste), Bishop can go for that. Or if you need to go against low Df, he can switch gears.

Killjoy has more raw hitting power, but I like being able to attack Wp if necessary, and getting that extra AP goes a ways towards doing a respectable amount of damage in an activation. Killjoy can do volume as well, but it's reliant on Onslaught triggers.

On 30. 9. 2017 at 6:18 PM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

...and Nurse, which you probably already have as a Zoraida player.

I do have Nurse, a Puppet Wars one though, but... I do.

I am just being curious, not planning to purchase any other Outcast master at the moment.
I will start with bare minimum - Scion of the Void, 1 Death Marshall and Talos - and if I like Tara I will then most likely gradually purchase Johan, Sue and Bishop/Killjoy and if I really like Tara and The Outcasts Hodgepodge Emissary as well and then later anothe master box set :)OR more Neverborn. We will see :)

On 30. 9. 2017 at 9:11 PM, Raimu said:

I won't bother with Bone Levy (man, I won't bother even with Iron, he is good in faction now)...

Is it because of the new Leveticus' upgrades or because of a particular model from The Broken Promises?

44 minutes ago, Phinn said:

I do have Nurse, a Puppet Wars one though, but... I do.

I am just being curious, not planning to purchase any other Outcast master at the moment.
I will start with bare minimum - Scion of the Void, 1 Death Marshall and Talos - and if I like Tara I will then most likely gradually purchase Johan, Sue and Bishop/Killjoy and if I really like Tara and The Outcasts Hodgepodge Emissary as well and then later anothe master box set :)OR more Neverborn. We will see :)

Is it because of the new Leveticus' upgrades or because of a particular model from The Broken Promises?

It's just that Outcasts have enough good models to not occupy one upgrade slot just to hire another models that do the same thing another way. And I love A&D with him very much.

At least Iron can have Terracota warrior to swap that useless Pariah upgrade during the game, Bone is stuck with it and it's a pity.