Collodi Crew Help

Kirby

So I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Collodi. I feel like I have a decent enough grasp on Collodi himself, but often feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with his crew. I typically run something along the following:

• Collodi - Strum, Fated
  • 2x Marionettes
  • Arcane Effigy
  • Brutal Effigy
  • 2x Stitched
  • The Tooth
  • Lazarus - Thousand Faces

I feel like Lazarus at 12ss (with upgrade) is too much of a sink. He's been useful in a couple games, but mostly at best he's more a visual threat than actual threat, and at worst gets murdered early on by things that ignore armor.

The crew just feels like I'm relying entirely on the Stitched to do any damage, but they're relatively fragile and short ranged. 
Everything else is just kind of there to be slightly annoying or inefficiently run schemes.

The Tooth has been nice for dropping markers and as a Personal Puppet target to smack away anything that charges Collodi, but that's rarely been happening so it feels like a bit of a waste.

So what kinds of crews do you folks like? What overall goals do you have in mind when building a crew? Any particular models you feel are good models that should be used more often? Hinamatsu, Rougarou, Trapper, Changelings, Envy, Bloodwretches?

Well I will start by throwing up a list that often shows up when I play Collodi

• Strum the Thread, Fated, Threads of Fate = 3ss
  • 4x Marionettes = 12ss
  • Brutal Effigy = 4ss
  • Arcane Effigy = 4ss
  • Illuminated = 7ss
  • Beckoner = 7ss
  • Performer = 6ss
  • Mannequin = 4ss

At first glance the list lacks teeth but it is pretty good at doing schemes and Strategies *have not looked much into gg18 yet*.  I like having Threads of Fate as my third upgrade to prevent anyone from luring or pushing Collodi into a bad position.  He can also pass Armor +1 to people if he is willing to fork over an AP which can really help make things a little more durable.  With the Beckoner and Performer I can manipulate movement of both my models and enemies and the Marionette can use some low cards of mine to help get my guys into position too.  The Performer can also be underestimated as with a good Crow in hand I can paralyze a model.  The real offensive work though generally falls to either Collodi himself or a tag team of the Beckoner and the Illuminated.  The threat of Weak damage 4 is enough that people are afraid of the Beckoner's Promises and sometimes forget that Collodi can use My Will to have her use the attack too.

What the list does better though is have activations, ability to throw scheme markers, blow up scheme markers, and a couple buffs that can shift the tide a little here and there.  On top of this Collodi being able to disrupt anyone that is not a master or immune to conditions fairly well making it harder to rely on a single model to do the job.  This has worked rather well for me though I think that is partially due to local meta.

It honestly depends quite a bit on wether you run fated or props.

For more specifics on different models I'd recommend the collodi tactica thread.

Personally I find 12 stones on Lazarus is too much of an investment in fated. He's much better in a props build as he can give collodi another attack and isn't missing out on the fated buff.

I trialled running a Performer in my last Collodi game, and she worked far better than I expected. As a minion for Collodi to use My Will on she was an incredible counter-schemer, and she was a powerhouse tag-team with the Widow Weaver, who has cemented herself as Collodi's go-to Hench for me.

Otherwise, two Stitched and the Brutal Effigy are pretty much standard for my Collodi crews, and so far that's proven to be more than enough damage output (combined with Collodi himself, since his damage is not inconsiderable for a primary debuffer).

Performer or beckoner is also a great personal puppet as they can drag collodi out of harms way if he takes damage or mess up some other models position for a single wd. 

I personally only take weaver in a props build as I find don't get enough out of her in a fated crew. But then again I rarely have any henchman in a fated crew.