Weird question. What to run with Taelor and Aionus.

WWHSD

I'm playing in a league that has weekly achievements to make things interesting. This week I need to include two mercs that have a base costs of 10 or higher. The only models I have that meet that requirement are Taelor and Aionus. What sort of Arcanist crew can I build around those two? I don't know what the details of the encounter will be yet (will likely be generated using GG17) but want to get some ideas for what might work. I've never used either of those models before (I bought Aionus because he looked cool and I saw him cheap on Amazon and I got Miss Deed from GenCon).

I don't have Colette,  Kaeris, or Rasputina.

22 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I'm playing in a league that has weekly achievements to make things interesting. This week I need to include two mercs that have a base costs of 10 or higher. The only models I have that meet that requirement are Taelor and Aionus. What sort of Arcanist crew can I build around those two? I don't know what the details of the encounter will be yet (will likely be generated using GG17) but want to get some ideas for what might work. I've never used either of those models before (I bought Aionus because he looked cool and I saw him cheap on Amazon and I got Miss Deed from GenCon).

I don't have Colette,  Kaeris, or Rasputina.

do you have mei feng? i assume you have ramos and ironsides

I'd say Maybe Ramos, since he can make up for the low amount of activations you'll have, and Aionus can move around his new Hazardous terrain markers, essentially making that 0 do a 3/4/4 damage flip. Probably won't want to run the Joss scrap engine either.

Marcus could be interesting too, Alphaing Aionus wouldn't generally be a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

50ss

I have those 3, Marcus and Sandeep.

i'd suggest Ramos (to increase AP as previous person said) and put in some medium AP models, probably put in Oxfordians to compensate for the high SS models whom are all melee. they can help you by pushing stuff into charge range for the big guns.

maybe a Union Steamfitter? for scheme running and for starting the engine. 

21 minutes ago, Thottbot said:

i'd suggest Ramos (to increase AP as previous person said) and put in some medium AP models, probably put in Oxfordians to compensate for the high SS models whom are all melee. they can help you by pushing stuff into charge range for the big guns.

maybe a Union Steamfitter? for scheme running and for starting the engine. 

If I'm not bringing Joss to kickstart the spider summoning I'm thinking about bringing the Steamfitter ans giving Ramos the upgrade that lets him summon the the Electrical Creation just to give Ramos optons on getting scrap.

Just now, WWHSD said:

If I'm not bringing Joss to kickstart the spider summoning I'm thinking about bringing the Steamfitter ans giving Ramos the upgrade that lets him summon the the Electrical Creation just to give Ramos optons on getting scrap.

basically you have so many 10ss+ models that bringing joss is excessive, either large arachnid + mobile toolkit or steamfitter.

I agree with the summoning creations though, hm. maybe you wont even be able to fit 3 oxfordians in there, since that's 15ss and you are bringing 14ss with the mercs. (2 extra because out of faction)

1 hour ago, BFOmega said:

I'd say Maybe Ramos, since he can make up for the low amount of activations you'll have, and Aionus can move around his new Hazardous terrain markers, essentially making that 0 do a 3/4/4 damage flip. Probably won't want to run the Joss scrap engine either.

Marcus could be interesting too, Alphaing Aionus wouldn't generally be a bad thing.

Aionus can't move the Strike markers onto a model :(.

I was thinking about going with Marcus and having a Raptor make both the merc beasts in the first turn. My only problem with bringing Marcus is that other than Raptors, Posion Gamin are my cheapest beasts.

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

Aionus can't move the Strike markers onto a model :(.

I was thinking about going with Marcus and having a Raptor make both the merc beasts in the first turn. My only problem with bringing Marcus is that other than Raptors, Posion Gamin are my cheapest beasts.

yeah, marcus team usually runs on the more elite side of things :/

I'm looking at maybe trying this with Sandeep leading the crew. There's a good chance that Sandeep will be the only Academic I include. I'm kind of torn between "Enlightened Soul" and "Tutelage" for Sandeep's third upgrade. 

Being able to make Taelor or  Aionus incorporeal seems like it will help keep those expensive models on the table. Being able to tutor Aionus to get him a :+fate on his Ca actions and to let Sandeep borrow them seems like it might be fun.

14 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I think you should totally do Sandeep and Tutelage. Aionus would love to be an academic and get those sweet Ca plus flips and Sandeep. Perhaps run Summon upgrade, Tutelage and "Incorporeal upgrade. Can't remember the name cause I'm awful. 

I ended up bringing:

Sandeep (Commands, Tutelage, Arcane Reservoir)

Kandara (Human Guise, Imbued Energies)

Aionus (Imbued Energies)

Taelor (Imbued Energies)

Union Steamfitter

Arcane Effigy

Tutelage was nice for getting Aionus :+fate:+fate on his attacks but I never eneded up having a situation where Sandeep could steal his action. I think I need to play Aionus a bit more to get much out of him.

Taelor ended up being awesome. I was playing against a Seamus crew so the immunity to terror was huge, Welcome to Malifaux kept down the number of summons and since the Strategy was Extraction her 2AP hammer smash always hit 2-4 people. The AoE effect didn't end up doing much damage or pushing but drained some cards.

I tbink it ended up being a decent matchup for those two since my opponent had a lot things that attacked Wp and both of them have Wp7.

I don't think I'll ever end up with both of them in the same crew again but I can definitely see muself using them in the future.