GG 2018 and Condition removal

Le gob

Johan... 10" range, needs 4:ram to succeed

Although if you want to go in faction, Scion of Black Blood (:aura6 ability that goes off at the start of target's activation, costs 2 cards) or the unreleased Serena Bowman (3' range, needs 6:ram to succeed) also work.  Dreamer's quite good at it too if you're playing him.

But for me the best all-rounder is still Johan which is :(

17 hours ago, Adran said:

Johan is probably everyones best option. 

Disagree. Chiaki (doesn't need suit, amazing support model, more mobile, cheaper) is my go to girl in Ressers and 10T. Low River Monks are also incredible for their cost with their upgrade. Witching are better in Guild (cheaper, can shoot, not competing for Rams). But that's for another topic. 

The point is that it's sad that a merc is better than the three condition removal models Neverborn have. I'd be ecstatic if the Scion became good! Either that or Neverborn need some better card draw to make his discards worth it. 

• Like 1

Offensivly emissary is better.

Scion has the advantage of not messing up activation order, can't fail on a bj and can remove even if he's paralyzed.

Serena gives a heal on top which is something we don't have a lot of.

Each of them can be worth it if you also have another plan for them.

But yeah Johan is probably still the best all rounder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Offensivly emissary is better.

Scion has the advantage of not messing up activation order, can't fail on a bj and can remove even if he's paralyzed.

Serena gives a heal on top which is something we don't have a lot of.

Each of them can be worth it if you also have another plan for them.

But yeah Johan is probably still the best all rounder.

Give the (wo)man(?) an Internet cookie!  Agree with all of these points!  Going from the Errata page, Scion really needs a buff, even just a SS drop to 7 to put him on par with Johan would be lovely!  Alternatively, I would push for either Ml/Sh 6 or some built-in triggers (:mask on Sh for Hide in Shadows and :ramon Ml for Blood's Favour{the heal}.  I'd play the Hell out of this!

On 9/27/2017 at 1:45 AM, Da Git said:

The point is that it's sad that a merc is better than the three condition removal models Neverborn have. I'd be ecstatic if the Scion became good! Either that or Neverborn need some better card draw to make his discards worth it. 

But Johan is better than a lot of condition removal models. I can't even think of another model that Arcanists can take that can remove conditions from enemies.

1 minute ago, WWHSD said:

But Johan is better than a lot of condition removal models. I can't even think of another model that Arcanists can take that can remove comditipns from enemies.

I've probably been way spoilt playing Ten Thunders & Ressers where Chiaki is amazing (10T also have MoLR & Shen) and Guild (Witchlings & now Jury).

But I also don't see that as a reason for Neverborn's options to be sub-par.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 7:50 PM, Da Git said:

I've probably been way spoilt playing Ten Thunders & Ressers where Chiaki is amazing (10T also have MoLR & Shen) and Guild (Witchlings & now Jury).

But I also don't see that as a reason for Neverborn's options to be sub-par.

I've always considered that part of our Faction identity.  We don't really do condition removal.  It's not our thing.

And I'm fine with that.  We shouldn't be good at everything.  Our condition removal comes as a part of something weaker.  We can do it if we want, but it's going to be harder.

Now I don't disagree that Scion should get a bit of work, but I think his condition removal is fine and flavorful for us.  

• Like 1

I seem to remember this being part of the design philosophy with M2E and mercs; not everyone should have access to everything, but mercs would ensure no-one is completely left in the dust. Same with Hans and long range, and, without me remembering the other examples, others as well. Think it was in a Chronicles, or possibly on Justin's blog...

7 minutes ago, tmod said:

I seem to remember this being part of the design philosophy with M2E and mercs; not everyone should have access to everything, but mercs would ensure no-one is completely left in the dust. Same with Hans and long range, and, without me remembering the other examples, others as well. Think it was in a Chronicles, or possibly on Justin's blog...

Pretty sure it was in Justin's blog. Talked about Hans, Johan and Taelor. Seems the domain is expired now though.

http://justindrawingdead.com