Through the Breach Playtesting!

Mason

Are you an avid Through the Breach player?

Do you have a local gaming group that is willing to try out weird and possibly broken mechanics?

Are you a sentient peacock who has learned how to use the internet?

Do you enjoy pulling on rules or throwing math at them to see if they break?

If so, you should sign up for this latest round of Through the Breach playtesting!

Playtesting generally amounts to looking over rules and monster stats, testing them out in your games, and running through adventures on a regular basis to make sure that they're fun and balanced.

If you're interested, please leave a post in this threat with a few of your favorite RPG systems and what sort of RPG group you have.

• Mason pinned this topic

I would be interested.  I've run 3 successful campaigns now and can honestly say that TTB is straight up my fave RPG to run.  I did a fair bit of tweaking in 1st ed for my own games (If I remember right my suggestion or something close to it regarding TNs for controlling high level undead wound up in the official errata way back when) so I'm no stranger to throwing math at things and finding the balance between usable and fun.  Could probably convince my current group to run around biweekly.

I'm interested. I belong to a pretty big group of geeks, of which a small subset of us already do playtesting for other games. We'd largely be more interested in playtesting adventures than mechanics, but could do both.

We play a lot of games - from D&D through FFG Star Wars and everything in between (most recently Shadowrun, Paranoia, WFRP, Pendragon and Fragged Empire) - and prefer medium-lighter systems, which feature free flowing, but fairly in depth tactical play (typically with minis) in combat. We've been wanting a good excuse to try out TTB for a while, and I've already got the 2e book on it's way to me so we can do just that.

Im very interested to help with playtesting.

My favorite RPG system is Through the breach, but i also play pathfinder, D&D 5ed, and the Starfinder (pathfinder in space).

A bit about my RPG group, we are currently playing through a TTB campaign. We enjoy a good laugh first and foremost. My players are very much, "how far can we push our luck" and have a tendancy to go so far off tangent that I now have to write as I go with our campaign. For example we have a few players who are now death marshals, at the same time we have players in the same party who want to raise the dead.

In short my group is Chaotic but a great laugh every single session, plus they buy me drinks :D

On 22/09/2017 at 10:25 PM, Mason said:

Do you have a local gaming group that is willing to try out weird and possibly broken mechanics?

That's our group, well except for the peacock part.

We played Elric, Shadowrun (all editions), AD&D, Pathfinder, LoT5R (all editions), all White wolf's rpgs, Runequest, Polaris, INS/MV (all editions), Call of Cthulu, Warhammer, Dark heresy, Rogue trader, Cadwallon and many more...
We're really used to break rules down and homerule to fix broken things.

On 9/22/2017 at 4:25 PM, Mason said:

I would like to think so. Been playing since the system was released and have been a part of every worldwide campaign so far to date. Bustles!

My group of misfits is always up to the challenge of weird and broken mechanics. My personal favorite was the Paladin/Sorcerer in Pathfinder that could turn you into an evil outsider with a touch and then use Smite Evil to end your now evil existence. He never used it on someone that didn't deserve it though. I mean he was a Paladin after all.

Yes.

I enjoy breaking rules in any game I play. Then again I just enjoy breaking things in general.

I think my group and I could give some some feedback on any game breaking rules.

As for what systems I play, the list includes: Through the Breach, Pathfinder, Starfinder, D&D 1st-5th editions (yes that includes the abomination that was 4th), World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, Shadowrun

My play group is pretty reliable. There are between 5-7 people normally. As a group we have been playing RPGs for a little over 15 years now. 

Our group would be very interested, we have played NWoD, Savage worlds, DnD 3.5, 4, (also played and beta tested 5 before public beta), shadowrun, Dungeon World, Fudge, FATE, Nova praxis , Hscvantes draconis, eclipse phase, TTB of course! ( Loving 2e by the way, great job!), Pathfinder, homebrew.

Force and Destiny, infected!, End of the world...   

My group is varied, we love combat and SOCIAL interactions in game and my group is very good at seperating character knowledge from player knowledge.

We have 7 regular members of our group and tend to tweak and test rules frequently.

...sentient Peacock! HA! ...who's asking? 

• Mason locked and unpinned this topic