Fatemaster characters and suits

MackMcWicked

45 minutes ago, spect_spidey said:

To piggyback off this question, how is Fatemaster characters damage determined if they don't flip cards?

When a Fatemaster character attacks a Fated character, the Fated character's player flips the cards for the duel.  (The Fated is flipping their defense vs. the Fatemaster character's AV+Rank.)

If that attack generates a damage flip, the Fatemaster flips damage (Core Rules, page 301) and gets to choose the card if there are positive fate modifiers on the damage flip.

This is a fairly big change from 1st edition, but note that 2nd edition removed the rule about the Fatemaster touching the deck.  You don't to draw twist cards because the Fatemaster character hit you and the Fatemaster flipped some cards.  :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 10:23 PM, solkan said:

This is a fairly big change from 1st edition, but note that 2nd edition removed the rule about the Fatemaster touching the deck.  You don't to draw twist cards because the Fatemaster character hit you and the Fatemaster flipped some cards.  :(

We started session 0 using 2 of the 1st edition books. We not have 4 of the 2nd edition, so that most players (except 1) has the new rules. Would you recommend using the 1st or 2nd edition for this?

17 minutes ago, CrazyCatLadeh said:

We started session 0 using 2 of the 1st edition books. We not have 4 of the 2nd edition, so that most players (except 1) has the new rules. Would you recommend using the 1st or 2nd edition for this?

There are enough improvements to justify switching over.  But there are enough differences in the skills and core book professions that you'd be better off redoing any characters if you switch over to 2nd.

So it probably depends on how far along you are,  If you're still only one or two sessions in, I would switch over. If you're five or so sessions in, I'd probably finish the campaign under 1st.  But it's ultimately your call.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, solkan said:

There are enough improvements to justify switching over.  But there are enough differences in the skills and core book professions that you'd be better off redoing any characters if you switch over to 2nd.

So it probably depends on how far along you are,  If you're still only one or two sessions in, I would switch over. If you're five or so sessions in, I'd probably finish the campaign under 1st.  But it's ultimately your call.

Solkan speaks wisdom. :+fate:+fate:+fate

• Like 2

On 10/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, solkan said:

This is great! It's nice to know! Given that the majority is 2nd Ed might as well! I wasn't sure if it were possible to play between the two, but that'd create way too much confusion! Thanks!