First tournament -master for the second game

saxcloud

I'll go this weekend to my first tournament ! This is the game we will play :

First turn: Turf war, Claim jump, Accusation, Dig their graves, Show of force e A quick murder.
Second: Headhunter, Claim jump, Eliminate the leadrship, Dig their graves, Covert breakthrough e Hunting party
Third: Interference, Claim jump, Accusation, Frame for murder, Undercover entourage e Set up.

I'msure as hell I'll play box Pandora the first game claim jump and dig their graves, summoner dreamer ( ffm, maybe undercover entourage or claim jump) the third. But I never tried headhunter. I read a voices + fugue state plus Pukey plus doppelgänger can gets a lot of mileage out of the insignificant state. Could it be a way a noob like me can try? More or less

dig their graves and hunting party. 

Pandora voices fugue state aether connection 4 

pukey 2 

lelu satisfing  punishment 7

lilitu 7 

doppleganger 7 

then? I have nearly everything up to wave three.... ( no emissary...)

To me second round screams Titania.  If Eliminate wasn't in the pool I'd say Dreamer all day.  But Head Hunter with Titania and some pouncey things for killing.  If you don't have Titania, You could make summoning Dreamer work but be careful with him so you don't give up Eliminate.

Lucius with his favorite mimic enforcers and changelings copying a trapper so all your minions stay well back but the opponent is salivating over hunting party. You could also go darkened to lure in with beckoners and let illuminated finish stuff off. 

Dig is easy for him and breakthrough as well, just let something run up late game, trade places and have Lucius scare himself into double-walking. Shift attacks away with surprisingly loyal netting you heads and saving Lucius.

i was thinking of Pandora to play a game of negation ( fugue state, doppleganger e primordial magic)

pulling his model to death, maybe adding teddy and kade.

some of his models die, the others cannot accomply most of the scheme and strategy :)

what do you think? Atm I'm limiting myself to Pandora and dreamer, I also have collodi,zoraida,Lilith

This was my last list in a headhunter.

The schemes were; claim jump, dig their graves, accusation and tail 'em, so not really the same, but I've used several variations of the same if the setup allows me to remain in my own backfield.

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Collodi + 5 Pool
 - Fated (1)
 - Breathe Life (1)
 - Strum the Threads (1)
Marionette (3)
Marionette (3)
Mysterious Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Music (0)
Doppleganger (7)
 - A Thousand Faces (1)
Beckoner (7)
Stitched Together (6)
Arcane Effigy (4)
Lucky Effigy (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

This is an extremely static list. Put down markers and lure people in.

Beckoner, doppelganger and collodi means that whatever you want to kill will come to you.

Activation count of 12 means they will have activated and also that you can put den the markers for dig.

Turn three you should have killed whatever threatens you so you can use some of your cheap minions to do claim jump.

If the enemy is ranged put useless duplications on doppelganger and let the marionettes or changelings take the beating.

Most people prefer brutal to lucky, but I find that in a fated list where most of my models won't deal damage I prefer lucky, also the look on your opponents face when he gets an effigy to 1 wd and you flip a ram is priceless.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:04 AM, Angelshard said:

Activation count of 12

I'm not sure where you're getting 12 activations.  I see 9.  The Mysterious Emissary can summon some Changelings, sure, and if the enemy is dropping Scrap then you can get over your initial number of puppets potentially.  But neither of those are really guaranteed, right?

7 hours ago, Angelshard said:

The changelings aren't guaranteed, but they are very certain, if you want it you will most likely have three by turn two.

Since you don't really need to move you can afford to also use my will purely for children of the land on turn one and doppelganger can do it too.

I've had five games now with the Emissary and I have never succeeded in Summoning even one Changeling :P

In one Collodi game I spent all possible Actions on the first turn trying to Summon even one and failed (that's going through over 20 card without hitting the TN). I've never had a Mask high enough in hand during the first three turns barring a 13 or Red Joker which I haven't used for a Changeling.

...it might just be that I've been ridiculously unlucky.

:huh:that does sound extremely unlucky.

I would use a 13 though. I find that the extra model is worth the high card turn one.

I've honestly never had a problem getting at least two out by turn two.

But I also find that the emissary by itself is amazing with collodi. 

I usually have enough movement shenanigans and ranged attacks that hungry land is a serious threat to my opponent and not really a hindrance for me.

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

I would use a 13 though. I find that the extra model is worth the high card turn one.

I never had the 13 of Masks on hand on turn one and when I did get it on later turns I had a plan for it which I felt was better than getting a Changeling. But I do agree with you that it certainly isn't an automatic no-go even if it might seem like a "waste" to go so much above the TN.

I've honestly never had a problem getting at least two out by turn two.

I'm really hoping that my luck turns around!

But I also find that the emissary by itself is amazing with collodi. 

I usually have enough movement shenanigans and ranged attacks that hungry land is a serious threat to my opponent and not really a hindrance for me.

I haven't been all that disappointed with the Emissary, actually, even losing out on the Changelings. She's a tricky piece to use but quite versatile. I think that she is the best designed Emissary of the bunch, actually. Shadow is obviously more powerful but Mysterious offers different things to different Masters and is quite simply just a whole lot of fun. Good but not OP.