Wish list

Le gob

If you could design the next wave's new models, what would it be?

As far as I'm concerned:

- A tarpit nightmare for the dreamer's crew. Something wich can take a few hits and have a decent melee to lend disengaging strikes effectively.
- A new nephilim to make the grow list competitive, so maybe something with a buff aura for nephimims.
- New silurids, as I like the flavor of the team, so silurids beatsticks and an hypnotoad.
- A model with an ability to place schemes at a distance.
- A good healer/ condition removal model. 
- Mushroom peoples with mushroom cap hats.

5 minutes ago, Le gob said:

- Mushroom peoples with mushroom cap hats.

This.

I think that wave 6 models should be designed as models who can work with two or more masters, and by this they should have two (or more) keywords at once (eq. Mushroom people could be Fae/Swampfiend or Swampfiend/Nightmare).

Normal Fae. The art that showed Titania flying out of Nythera showed normal looking humanoids crawling out of the hole.

Right now Fae are a mixed bag. We've got Titanias eternal generals and Dryw, the Rougarou, the Bandersnatch, and now Cyclops and Bultungin.

I think some normal looking Fae minions to sort of normalise the Fae race would be welcome.

• Like 3

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if they were setting Lucius up as Oberon.

I don't care what form Fae take. There's some gaps left for minions. It's true Neverborn lack an effective ranged minion, but I'm not sure I'd want that gap filled since Neverborn aren't meant to be a ranged faction. But ranged conditions rather than damage might be a fun niche, and handing out Slow would synergise with the Gorar.

If they've got similar natural armour like the Autumn Knights, that would be cool too.

Yeah, that's why I'm supportive of ranged condition application. That's something the faction already has - like the Insidious Madness very low damage attack that also applies a Wp debuff condition, or the Cherubs fairly low damage attack that applies Slow and does a push.

Ranged, low damage Slow application, even if it's not built in, would be interesting, and I think would get around Neverborn not having strong shooting. Plus, as mentioned, it synergises with the Gorar upgrading Slow to Paralyzed.

I wouldn't mind a rare x Nephalim or Half-Blood Archer. It always sort of bothered me that Lilith's totem is the only Nephalim who seems to have mastered the art of archery :huh:that aside some ranged not-damage would be great, too!

The Neverborn page on the main site describes the factioan as having a number of models with long-range magical effects that can be used to sow chaos and confusion among the enemy's ranks. The possibility for Slow seems appropriate: as would more stuff like what the Insidious Madness has.

• Like 1

I don't think adding a ranged model to the Neverborn for the fact that the Trapper exists as a Merc. 

It's a shame that Johan is still the best condition removal Neverborn have. They've tried so many way with the Scion, Emissary and now Serena. Serena's great and can do a lot of things, but for pure Condition removal, Johan is still tops. Otherwise the Scion's needs to be one card, not two. 

So really I would like some in-faction models for the common mercs. 

A generic Fae archer would be super cool. Agree with HtW instead of armour judging by the art. Those tatts could definitely have some cool effects too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

I don't think adding a ranged model to the Neverborn for the fact that the Trapper exists as a Merc. 

Mercs aren't a reason to just start ignoring faction weaknesses. The extra ss cost is there as a penalty to taking something you didn't have access to in your faction.

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

It's a shame that Johan is still the best condition removal Neverborn have. They've tried so many way with the Scion, Emissary and now Serena. Serena's great and can do a lot of things, but for pure Condition removal, Johan is still tops. Otherwise the Scion's needs to be one card, not two. 

I actually prefer the Scion. Johan requires a Ram and is an Enforcer so he can't stone for it, and I've been in a lot of situations where an Enforcer needed a suit I didn't have in hand. The Scion costs 2 cards from your hand, but you've got a high chance of needing to use two cards for Johan anyway to get that Ram. Johan is less hand intensive, but you have the chance of flipping a Black and not removing the condition, or wasting a flipped Red on removing a condition. The Scion also lets you remove Paralyze on an activating model, which is nice if Paralyze is caused after your condition remover has activated - or if they themselves are Paralyzed.

That's not to say Johan isn't good at condition removal, but I like the way the Scion does it more.

With the rest of the card, I simply find the Scion more flexible. Johan has Ml 6 with a bigger engagement range compared the Scions Ml 5, but their damage tracks are the same. Johan gains double positive damage against constructs, but the Scion has a self or other heal trigger or a push, plus an okay ranged attack with a push or a damage pulse, plus a 0 to make a model perform an Interact.

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

A generic Fae archer would be super cool. Agree with HtW instead of armour judging by the art. Those tatts could definitely have some cool effects too! 

Something like a Katanaka sniper would be nice. An all rounder Fae. Bow for a ranged attack with low damage and Slow, melee attack, HtW. Leave off the extras that the Knights have - no Lure, no Armour, no Curse of Autumn to keep them cheaper.

8 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Mercs aren't a reason to just start ignoring faction weaknesses. The extra ss cost is there as a penalty to taking something you didn't have access to in your faction.

I get what you're saying here, but when you can hire a trapper, then copy it en mass with Changlings, it kinda defeats the weakness... Trappers are probably a bit too awesome though...

I actually prefer the Scion. Johan requires a Ram and is an Enforcer so he can't stone for it, and I've been in a lot of situations where an Enforcer needed a suit I didn't have in hand. The Scion costs 2 cards from your hand, but you've got a high chance of needing to use two cards for Johan anyway to get that Ram. Johan is less hand intensive, but you have the chance of flipping a Black and not removing the condition, or wasting a flipped Red on removing a condition. The Scion also lets you remove Paralyze on an activating model, which is nice if Paralyze is caused after your condition remover has activated - or if they themselves are Paralyzed.

That's not to say Johan isn't good at condition removal, but I like the way the Scion does it more.

That's more than fair, I can't remember the last time I would have had two spare cards to throw for his Condition removal.  Between Primordial Magic, stoning for cards, I find I generally have an ok-ish hand and don't want to toss a 1/3 of it.  Also, if you need to burn 2 cards from your hand for Johan, that means he's removing conditions from 2 models, which would cost 4 cards with the Scion. I've also been know to save lowish masks for Johan if I've been particularly afraid of Conditions (up against summoned Hanged or the like).  Johan also has a longer range.  You do make me want to try the Scion again though... I just wish it were a 1 card discard, not 2, or 1 card for the first model, then 2 for any others or something a bit lighter on the hand. Johan's also a stone cheaper even with the Merc Tax.

With the rest of the card, I simply find the Scion more flexible. Johan has Ml 6 with a bigger engagement range compared the Scions Ml 5, but their damage tracks are the same. Johan gains double positive damage against constructs, but the Scion has a self or other heal trigger or a push, plus an okay ranged attack with a push or a damage pulse, plus a 0 to make a model perform an Interact.

Something like a Katanaka sniper would be nice. An all rounder Fae. Bow for a ranged attack with low damage and Slow, melee attack, HtW. Leave off the extras that the Knights have - no Lure, no Armour, no Curse of Autumn to keep them cheaper.

This would be pretty amazing, something like a scout/hunter.

Added mine in bold!

• Like 1

I'm not too keen on getting significant ranged minions in the faction. Play Lucius as a gunline if you want that without merc's. I do like the idea of getting more Fae to balance out the Nephilim, but hope that they can come up with ways to keep the whole faction from morphing into a "durable hard to kill" faction of undead Fae. Neverborn tend to be more like glass cannons, heavy offense, but the defensive stuff is tricky, not stacks of armor and such. Obviously with as big as factions are these days, there are always exceptions, but I'd like to see Fae continue the "more offense, less straight defense, and continue survivability through trickery" route. And the tricks scream fae to begin with.