Accruing Some Debt

DeadManTalking

Hello Guild members! I am a long time Neverborn player looking to make the switch to Guild. I love my black blooded nightmares, but I want to try something different in GG18 and my meta doesn't currently have a competitive Guild player. Just thought I'd come on here and see what people's opinions are on good first purchases. I do plan on starting with Nellie and I'm probably also going to pick up Perdita's box at the same time, mostly for Frank. What would be one good box to pick up with these crews in mind?

Nellie loooooves expensive models, and also comes with the best cheap scheme-runners in the Faction, so I'd suggest you focus on the high-end to start with. The Peacekeeper suggestion above is a good option if you like the aesthetic, but personally I really like Executioners with her - between Nellie giving them Fast and their upgrade enabling a 1-AP Charge, they can dish out some serious punishment, without having to worry about all those pesky Df triggers that so many Masters use to defend themselves.

Sue, Burt and Mctavish if your going Nelie. Give them debt to the guild + fast from Nellie and boom Guild becomes great! But yeah honestly with nellie in particular I don't see a reason to take non mercs as most of you main models because she abuses what makes them less powerful in their main faction via pushes, scheme marker placement, fast and one turn of +1 damage( + no merc cost). Also with Sue you draw that extra card + the printing press so with the 8 cards you can do so much.  

Using the three + nellie's box leaves you a very nice set up:

Nellie 

- Delegation 

- Embedded

- Misleading headlines

Printing Press

Phiona

- Transparency

Burt

-  A Debt to the Guild

McTavish (delegation is so stupidly strong on this model) 

-  A Debt to the Guild

Sue

Field Reporter

Field Reporter 

It could be a bit better with a few other models as options but this will get it done most of the time.

If you don't want mercs I agree with @Kadeton and I think either Executioners or Witchling Thralls are the way to go with Phiona/frank & some scheme runners (watchers, guild hounds, & Field reporters mostly.) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trikk said:

She has Watchers in her box :O?

Man, Watchers ain't got nothin' on Reporters. You're gaining +1 Wk, Armor +1 and Flight (over Unimpeded), but losing Manipulative, Disguised, +1 Df, +1 Wd, an action that turns enemy Scheme Markers into friendly ones at range, and an attack that pushes enemy models away so you can Interact freely. If you think that's a good trade, well... good luck, I guess?

A Watcher is a great fire-support piece, but they were only ever the de-facto Guild schemers by virtue of every other option being terrible. Against real schemers, they cannot compete.

5 hours ago, Kadeton said:

Man, Watchers ain't got nothin' on Reporters. You're gaining +1 Wk, Armor +1 and Flight (over Unimpeded), but losing Manipulative, Disguised, +1 Df, +1 Wd, an action that turns enemy Scheme Markers into friendly ones at range, and an attack that pushes enemy models away so you can Interact freely. If you think that's a good trade, well... good luck, I guess?

A Watcher is a great fire-support piece, but they were only ever the de-facto Guild schemers by virtue of every other option being terrible. Against real schemers, they cannot compete.

For me a Wk5 scheme runner is mediocre at best. Don't get me wrong, I think reporters are good but if I need to scheme run I go watcher all the way.