SPOILERS! Speculation on the future of the Thunders

Da Git

SPOILERS!!

I bent my wookie!
C-A-T... I'm Learning!
Hello Super Nintendo Chalmers!
My Doctor says my nose would stop bleeding if I just kept my finger out of there!

Gotta love Ralph Wiggum quotes!
So, it appears we have a new Oyabun... what do you think is in store for our little (criminal) fraternity?  Unlike other Factions (I'm looking at you Arcanists!), the Thunders now seem to be fairly united behind Misaki. 

It will also be interesting to see how the other Masters respond, especially Mei and Yan Lo.  Whilst Mei certainly didn't like Baojun, she's never seemed to be a fan of Misaki, a chance to break free?  Yan Lo seems like one that wouldn't approve of Misaki killing her father on principle of being an old geezer who believes respect your elders at all times!  Also, how will Misaki keep Lynch in line...  He seemed a bit on the fence and is hoping for favours.  Still don't really know what Asami's deal is and why she choose Misaki. 

Her most solid supporters will probably be Shenlong, who will see Misaki as the rightful Oyabun, and maybe McCabe, for the same reasons as his Book 2 story, but he's also very much a rogue and could change his mind at the drop of a hat.

How do do you think her leadership will be?  Do you think she'll continue her father's line of being absolute jerks to anyone and everyone (looking at the protection money racket and beating/torturing/killing ordinary folk, just to keep everyone in line). 

She seems more more controlled and detached than her father was anyway, but still has a fair amount of impetuosity.  Minako also said she still walks the path of righteousness... What do you suppose that means?

Anything else?

Some minor Spoilers

I actually think she will be able to keep the much of the loyalty of the other masters despite their... issues.  Of course her strongest supporters will be Yamaziko and Ototo.  Mei Feng is not a big can of Misaki and as you said she really hated her father, but she has more grudging respect for Misaki as she treats her respectfully *I imagine Mei Feng did not believe it and thought it an act at least at first but Misaki has shown little signs it was* but I imagine what will really sink Mei Feng into Misaki's camp for now is power.  With the lost of the generals Misaki is going to need her own inner circle and those that stood with her are all powerful figures in their own way.  Sometimes the best way to get a promotion is to have the positions above you get shaken up.  I would not be surprise if Mei Feng is alright for the moment under Misaki as she is likely part of the inner circle now.

Yan Lo... I got the feeling he did not like the old Oyabun.  Dealt with him to get what he wanted but did not really care about the man otherwise.  If he had felt the Oyabun had respected elders he would not have held the info Yan Lo was after to acquire his services, so he might well have felt that the Oyabun lived and died by his way of life.  And he got what he wanted from the man before Misaki killed him, he got the name he was after.  Now if Misaki wants to keep Yan Lo's loyalty she really has one choice, offer him resources to hunt down the oni he seeks in return for his help.  That will keep him on board as long as you do not resend on the promise support.

Lynch is one I imagine she will keep close to keep him from making a mess.  Lynch will get a better placement and Misaki will treat him well, maybe give him the illusion of loosing the leash a little but she will keep ready with him.  He in turn will likely much like Mei Feng be happy initially being in a stronger position and enjoying the fruits of his gamble.

McCabe is an odd one.  By everything we hear of his character he seems like a figure with little loyalty and outright willing to stab just about anyone.  But the key with him is what motivated him.  It does not seem to be wealth or freedom, and if we are to believe the Wave 2 book Crossroads he is seeking something more personal.  As long as the 10T have what he seeks he will be an oddly loyal one. 

Shenlong I imagine might actually be one of the most treacherous ones.  Not because he is out for power or wealth but he is pursuing his own interest and does not actually follow the Oyabun.  He is more of an ally of the 10T then a follower; he primarily is a host to a Tyrant who wanted to join hands with the 10T for a way back to Mailfaux.  I suspect to Shenlong the Oyabun is merely a position for him to work with, not a position that he bends a knee to.

• Like 1