Alchemistry and poison use

Le gob

I switched my character for a chemist and have a few questions about Alchemistry.

I can use a compound with a (1) action, but let's say I use a poison to put it on my knife:
How long does it stay ? 1 attack? until the 1st succesful attack ? until the end of dramatic time ?

I also have a clockwork bow, wich have a 6 bolts clip, now let's say I use the poison on my bolts.
Is 1 compound needed per bolt, or is it enough for the full 6 bolts clip?

1 hour ago, Le gob said:

I can use a compound with a (1) action, but let's say I use a poison to put it on my knife:
How long does it stay ? 1 attack? until the 1st succesful attack ? until the end of dramatic time ?

Generally, until after the first successful attack.

Most poisons will stay viable for a few days after being applied to a weapon.

1 hour ago, Le gob said:

I also have a clockwork bow, wich have a 6 bolts clip, now let's say I use the poison on my bolts.

Is 1 compound needed per bolt, or is it enough for the full 6 bolts clip?

One compound per bolt.

• Like 1

To be fair by taking the Chemist talent you get the Infect trigger for your close combat and range attacks as your Rank 0.  So you will be able to poison with just about anything with a crow, just not the higher end poison you can make with Alchemistry.  It is also cheaper as you don't need to pay any scrip for it.  That said the Nuerotoxins are not a bad lead in to get the slow going on someone early and later you can stack more poison to keep them hindered.

It does have a little expense to it *0.25 scrip for Insectoxin or Chlorotoxin* But the Neurotoxin condition does not go away till they no longer have poison.  Also having it on a weapon does not prevent triggers so you could even get the Infect trigger with the same attack to knock the poison up another notch right away *important for Insectoxin with its Poison +1*.  If your Alchemistry AV gets to 3 you can always get the Tome trigger that lets you make an additional one, so at that point you can at least can stretch your scrip a bit.