Aeslin...

Somnicide

aeslin really isnt that bad, but of course there are better things at that stone range. she can be handy if your dealing with CA masters or movement shenanigans targeting your stuff

ive used her to some success against ressers. granted my opponent usually likes things like belles. it was about a year ago during a league, my opponent was playing molly and had 2 belles and anna lovelace to protect the belles. after using the bound and rooted action he shrugged it off but the next turn i used bound and rooted again and he started getting steamed. so he ended up commiting the belles to scheme run. and on turn 4 i managed to kill lovelace with 3 wicked silence attacks and scored "line in the sand" to finish the game.

• Like 1

Don't forget that if there are 2 scheme markers close her minimum damage is essentially 4, or even 3 with one marker is pretty good.

That's resource intensive but it can allow for a big hit. Don't forget about taproot if you're running at least two knights. If you need to hold ground, that combined with her (0) that doesn't allow pushes and such, though that makes her 10 stones.

Lucius with his emmisarry upgrade.

Scheme marker spam before Lucius activates for 3 additional attacks 6ap?

Expensive investment but that doesn't include her 0 or the emissaries activation.

Choosing a crew for this feels like fairy king territory, so possibly more fae plus waldgiest?

Which immediately makes me wonder about a lawyer to buff waldgiest and Aeslin...but then that might leave you without rougarou and hounds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angelshard said:

Both her (0) actions are very good. Problem is her attack is meh for a nine stone henchman. 

But she's great against masters and beaters that use ca attacks as she can give them :-fate which really hurts.

She's also good against incorporial if your crew is lacking that.

But see, how do you survive close enough for them to get that negative twist? If it affected models targeted within 6" (or even 3") I'd be all over it, as it is, she has died horribly any time I have tried.

But she's great against masters and beaters that use ca attacks as she can give them :-fate which really hurts.

She's also good against incorporial if your crew is lacking that.

But see, how do you survive close enough for them to get that negative twist? If it affected models targeted within 6" (or even 3") I'd be all over it, as it is, she has died horribly any time I have tried.

I believe the suggestion is if their close combat attack is Casting.

She certainly seems to be a precision piece from the few success' I've had with her.

This means she'll often be a mid-late activator unless a need presents itself.

If you're tag teaming her with Titania then it's a similar set up to pandora and candy - fears given form and maybe mimics blessing unless you're playing fae heavy.

Activating her early for positioning  can work but will leave her exposed, so expect to burn through high cards and stones...ie there better be a pay off.

So in most cases you're likely to either use scheme markers your Crew have set up for her to do more damage or use her to set up scheme markers(and drip down damage) for Titania area of control or raw damage.

Otherwise she seems to work as an ambush predator to isolate casters (see above) or cut down scheme runners while ideally denying/scoring via proximity or your own scheme markers she's set up.

Titania and her emissary now offer additional protective options but the moment you hit a crew that denies them your back to the above.

The only other master in Neverborn who seems to have a Scheme marker focus to benefit from her is Lucius (I think) with sniper or free attacks.

Although a triangle of her candy and Pandora sounds ugly.

I would like to see her doing something other than be told to shut up in the fluff.

• Like 1

there are a lot of good points made so far, but my best success with aeslin is when i was using the entire titania crew box with a few add-ons to hit my 50 stones. this was mainly due to the fact that i was able to place a ton of scheme markers to make use of malifaux provides/leaves on wind/rot and rend. so because of the amount of markers in play she was a mini-titania for me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HydroMog said:

there are a lot of good points made so far, but my best success with aeslin is when i was using the entire titania crew box with a few add-ons to hit my 50 stones. this was mainly due to the fact that i was able to place a ton of scheme markers to make use of malifaux provides/leaves on wind/rot and rend. so because of the amount of markers in play she was a mini-titania for me.

The one time I dropped her with Titania, it was with the 3 autumn knights and taproot, the amount of scheme markers that lie around makes it that your crew can make a lot of you use out of them and its a pretty good squad at holding an area. And at 31ss + titania upgrades you still probably have 16ss to hire stuff, which is ok.

• Like 1

I Love Aeslin and play her quite regularly. 

I recently went to a tournament and played mono-Pandora all day. Aeslin was the star of the show and got me 9vp on her own (dig their graves twice and search the ruins). She also managed to shut down Collodi in a game of interference putting him on -ves to cast.

I tend not to use her so much with Titania these days but when I have she's down well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, feagaur said:

I Love Aeslin and play her quite regularly. 

I recently went to a tournament and played mono-Pandora all day. Aeslin was the star of the show and got me 9vp on her own (dig their graves twice and search the ruins). She also managed to shut down Collodi in a game of interference putting him on -ves to cast.

I tend not to use her so much with Titania these days but when I have she's down well.

Interesting. Would you mind expanding more on your list here?

On 15/09/2017 at 7:11 PM, Somnicide said:

Interesting. Would you mind expanding more on your list here?

If I remember rightly I took Pandora with Box Opens and Fugue State, Barbaros with Fears given form, Aeslin with Malifaux Provides, Doppleganger, 3 sorrows and the Primordial Magic.

I may have switched a sorrow and the primordial magic for 2 wisps for one of the games.

Barbaross tended to stand in the middle putting out his challenge, Pandora jumped in and beat face  with the sorrows hanging back slightly or jumping in to ping enemies with their abilities. And Aeslin waded in and cast Wicked Silence doing 2 damage from itself then whatever it can get from Misery auras. Often killing things in the process giving me dig their graves. Also the trigger on Rot and Rend to drop a scheme marker after succeeding ( so before damage) means you can quite easily get Dig their Graves off that too. Both attacks targeting WP so lots of misery damage. With casting expert too you'll be able to pop out quite a bit of damage.

Then you have the Curse of Autumn ability which is forcing WP duels also causing Misery damage. 

Any excess scheme markers, or those too close together for whatever scheme you need can be sucked up by Aeslin either for extra damage, putting enemies on -ve's, healing (Malifaux Provides) or for ignoring randomisation in to combat.

• Like 2

I remembered what I took for the other game. It was Pandora with the upgrades as before, Aeslin with Malifaux provides, Emissary with Pandies Conflux (copying either casting expert or misery each turn), three sorrows and Doppleganger. 

I used the sorrows to move and drop scheme markers and gave Emissary casting expert the first turn, which meant he could walk and get out two changelings. He then followed the sorrows round copying misery or casting expert. Doppleganger followed Aeslin and copied Wicked silence. Both the doppleganger and Aeslin just went around killing off gremlins whilst dropping scheme markers. And Pandora just attacked anything big and nasty (in this case lazarus, which works out great getting blasts).

• Like 1

Her anti cast aura can't be resisted. That alone makes her a crazy strong pick. I break down into tears every time i have to face her since crew using the fae can usually engage you to shut down :ranged, then she turns off CA and they are all tough enough that unless you have a very melee focused crew its going to be a struggle.