Coffin v. Vendetta v. Badge a LJ limited dillema

4thstringer

Coffin >= Badge >> Vendetta imo.

The coffin gives Lady J a quick way to deal with something you want removed but not killed (or just don't want to invest much AP into).

I had a game with FFM in the pool that I correctly guessed my opponents FFM target and had it locked in a box all game. Had another that Lady J survived a charge from a rail golem and I spent 1 AP and again had it trapped in the box the entire game. Granted I could have killed the rail golem with sword fighter or just waltzed away with sword fighter, but both would be more expensive options. 

For a long time, I was NOT a fan of Vendetta, and found myself taking Badge of Office for that Red Joker protection nearly every game.

The biggest reason I didn't like Vendetta was because it was hard to have a situation where I preferred to take the second attack trigger since it's less consistent than just taking the Crit Strike because of the second attack flip. Lady J not having a great way to engage a model outside of charging meant that you were rarely getting the + flips to damage. I ended up liking the Red Joker protection more than a few possibly lucky attacks. If I needed to kill something, I'd just stone for a Ram and use a high ram in hand for min damage 6. It's just more consistent.

With Swordfighter, though, I really have liked Vendetta. It still lets me get my 3 attacks a turn, and with her naming a model ability plus the greatsword, you're often looking at single or double positives on damage. That's ridiculous, and greatly reduces the opportunity cost of not taking the Crit Strike trigger.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ashwood. I prefer to just kill a model rather than lock it down. I think it's more of a situational upgrade, with Lady J getting it against Outcasts and maybe Ressers? I'll have to play with it more, but as of now, I'm not in love with it. I just like killing things with Lady J so much more. :P

Still not a choice for me - Badge of Office all the way.

End of turn 1 I normally have Lady Justice embedded in the enemy crew having made her first kill. She needs to survive that top of turn 2 counterattack and then she can get back to killing things.

The only way that happens is if you have the Badge. Counterstance is a massive help but a determined enemy will still get damage through making the Badge a necessity in my experience. It also protects you from that horrible horrible moment when you miss the Acrobatic Assault attack and don't get Counterstance.

The only weakness of Coffin imo is the 1" rng. With Swordfighter, however, LJ can easily solve the threat range issue. So I would say Coffin is perfect match with Swordfighter for adding option in LJ game.

Swordfighter can improve LJ's Df, especially against Ml, may also reduce the necessity of the Badge.

1 hour ago, PanzerHarris said:

Still not a choice for me - Badge of Office all the way.

End of turn 1 I normally have Lady Justice embedded in the enemy crew having made her first kill. She needs to survive that top of turn 2 counterattack and then she can get back to killing things.

The only way that happens is if you have the Badge. Counterstance is a massive help but a determined enemy will still get damage through making the Badge a necessity in my experience. It also protects you from that horrible horrible moment when you miss the Acrobatic Assault attack and don't get Counterstance.

I'd agree there.  I play Justice the same way, I'd rather have the reassurance of the badge in defence, I tend want to keep her at 2" especially if they only have a 1"melee, to minimise what comes back at her.

I've got the Brutal Emmisary and the Recruiter if i need to bury something important.