New Hoffman

Fazza92

On the Lady J derail:

I think the best thing about the coffin is that it allows Lady J to be in more than one place at a time. Say there's a troublesome model that a DM or DMR can't deal with in raw damage or don't have enough actions to deal with it, and Lady J is far off on the other side of the board, have them bury it and Lady J can do damage to it from wherever she is. Sure, it doesn't have any positives to the flips and doesn't do as much damage as her sword, but it's still CA7 (vs Df) 3/4/5 damage, from anywhere on the board!

Generally speaking, there are a lot of bury shenanigans in Malifaux, and the coffin gives those plays a huge speed bump to deal with.

Also, say Lady J charges into 2 big hitters, ideally speaking, she kills one of them, then doesn't have enough actions left to kill the other. She can bury it. And, if that big hitter hadn't activated yet, even better! Then, let it out the box on her next activation so she can kill it then.

I'm not saying it's better than vendetta, it just gives her many more interesting options.

2 hours ago, Sklertic said:

Is it me, or does Hoffman effectively have armor +2 with Improved Harness + his df trigger? Seems really nice if that's the case....you reduce the damage and then reduce from armor afterwards, if I am reading it right.

Hoffman will often have effective armor of three against def(assuming noone is ignoring triggers) because I usually have armor 2 nearby.