Guild in Hard mode

4thstringer

1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

So is the problem that 5 models isn't enough (if so how many would you suggest)?  Or do you disagree with the ones chosen.

Doesn't make sense to replace anything on that list with Joss. Although, I could see how Emissary could get there instead of Peacekeeper. All in all, 5 models doesn't seem enough to make a serious dent in all the competitive lists. 10 might get you there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Actually, speaking of hard mode, you can use the 'no mercenaries' clause to get your opponent to stop hiring those oiran. I flinch every time I read battle reports with those included.

So, you are trying to make it more difficult for yourself by preventing the opponent from hiring Oirans?

Easy question!
Brutal effigy
Brutal Emissary
Francisco
Guardians
Witchling stalkers
The thing is, there's still plenty of room for theme crews, but without these 5 models which I would confidently say are most universally used, and out of habit if nothing else, it would be hard to make guild crews without these models.
In my experience playing guild is itself hard mode:P

So combining the two lists I've gotten so far, no effigy, emisary, frank, nellie, phi, guardians, witchling stalkers, hounds, or peacekeeper.  Seems like that would work.

13 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Easy question!
Brutal effigy
Brutal Emissary
Francisco
Guardians
Witchling stalkers
The thing is, there's still plenty of room for theme crews, but without these 5 models which I would confidently say are most universally used, and out of habit if nothing else, it would be hard to make guild crews without these models.
In my experience playing guild is itself hard mode:P

You've obviously missed all my cheerleading theads where I have been saying that new guild 2018 is super strong

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

You've obviously missed all my cheerleading theads where I have been saying that new guild 2018 is super strong

To be fair, I don't have that much experience with wave 5 Guild. On paper, advanced harness Hoffman excites and terrifies me, and Lady J got some nice buffs with actually usable upgrades, and on the flip side, while song of blood for Lilith and either upgrade for Dreamer are decent enough to consider,  it's not the "Oh man, the game has been changed, look out world!" vibe Guild upgrades seem to be getting. 
That news makes me hopeful however, as Guild is arguably one of the most fun factions to play.

5 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

To be fair, I don't have that much experience with wave 5 Guild. On paper, advanced harness Hoffman excites and terrifies me, and Lady J got some nice buffs with actually usable upgrades, and on the flip side, while song of blood for Lilith and either upgrade for Dreamer are decent enough to consider,  it's not the "Oh man, the game has been changed, look out world!" vibe Guild upgrades seem to be getting. 
That news makes me hopeful however, as Guild is arguably one of the most fun factions to play.

Eh, I wouldn't take my word for it.   But here's hoping!