Serena Bowman - The things I've seen questions.

Pyrefly240

I had a question on the interactions between Serena Bowman's "The things I've seen..." ability, and how it'd work in a certain scenario.

I'm looking at using it on either Lelu or Lilitu in a Dreamer crew, as they are both nightmares fitting the move's basic requirements. The issue

I see though is that they both already have the black blood ability. Does this cause the move to technically fail? Can the condition over write, but

technically do nothing still being a success? The reason I'm asking is because the trigger to cast it on a non nightmare target is "on success".

I can see this as being one of the reasons that there was originally both an ability and a condition known as "black blood" before. Maybe the moves

should have been errata'd and the capable of being overlapped, but redundant condition/ability situation be left intact for something like this.

You can target a nightmare that already has black blood., and whilst the action will then do nothing, it will still be successful for the Trigger. 

The answer wouldn't change if we still had condition black blood. If you gain a conditon that matches an ability you have, it doesn't stack unless there is a + at the end of it. 

It is widely accepted (mostly because Justin said so at some point) that actions and aiblities don't fail just because you can't complete some part of them. You just do the parts that you can. I don't know why it hasn't been added to the FAQ or errata.

So, @Adran is correct. You can target any Nightmare model you want, regardless of whether they already have Black Blood or not.

• Like 1