Anti-Hamelin Tech?

LennyB

Has anyone had any luck vs. Hamelin?  I have a matchup on Vassal soon, interference, using only models/upgrades from books 1 and 2.  I am thinking about Lileth, tangle shadows Hamelin as soon as I can and kill him.  Then go from there.  What are your thoughts?

I am wondering if it would be a better idea to take Collodi and Laz for some ranged attacks.  Laz with Ret Eye can hopefully deal with A&D or whatever beaters they take.  Mr Graves can show Laz the door to get more range. I'm not sure what I am going to do.

Passenty, that would be what I would normally go with.  We have the limitation of ONLY models/upgrades from Wave 1 and Wave 2.  So no changelings.  We have Lilith, Dora, Lucious, Collodi, Zoraida, Dreamer with their boxes available to us, with the other models from those books.  That is one of the things making this so darn difficult.  I can't wait until the 5th round.  New upgrades make our masters much more scary IMHO.

8 hours ago, Passenty said:

Pandora has problem with bishop and her crew dosent like industrial age spamming. I would go with collodi with changelings+trapper.

Not sure why Pandora would have problems with Bishop as her ability trumps Bishop's.  At which point the only thing she has to be careful of his his Haymaker.  so either be prepared for it or have at least a single piece of condition removal in case he gets it.

I imagine Pandora has the advantage if you can deal with Hamelin's heavy hitters as he is not exactly a killing machine himself and does not like people that mess with his order of activations *due to Incite*.  What you would have to likely do though is not run a "Box" Pandora crew.  Relying only on Wp duels and having low wound count low Df models is not going to help, but if you give Pandora a decent selection of tougher models that don't need her she does better in my opinion.  I like including at least one Illuminated and Beckoner combo with her.  The Lure is useful first turn moving your own guys forward a little, the Beckoner has a 2/4/5 damage if she targets anything near Pandora with Promises, and if the Beckoner and Illuminated team up they can offer a high damage output *the threat means they will often cheat in fear of taking those hits*.  Add in stuff like Waldgiest, Iggy, Johan, or Mr. Graves and you can have a pretty durable/flexible set of options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

Not sure why Pandora would have problems with Bishop as her ability trumps Bishop's.  At which point the only thing she has to be careful of his his Haymaker.  so either be prepared for it or have at least a single piece of condition removal in case he gets it.

I imagine Pandora has the advantage if you can deal with Hamelin's heavy hitters as he is not exactly a killing machine himself and does not like people that mess with his order of activations *due to Incite*.  What you would have to likely do though is not run a "Box" Pandora crew.  Relying only on Wp duels and having low wound count low Df models is not going to help, but if you give Pandora a decent selection of tougher models that don't need her she does better in my opinion.  I like including at least one Illuminated and Beckoner combo with her.  The Lure is useful first turn moving your own guys forward a little, the Beckoner has a 2/4/5 damage if she targets anything near Pandora with Promises, and if the Beckoner and Illuminated team up they can offer a high damage output *the threat means they will often cheat in fear of taking those hits*.  Add in stuff like Waldgiest, Iggy, Johan, or Mr. Graves and you can have a pretty durable/flexible set of options.

Yes I mean haymaker which is 7 vs 7 and can easily paralyze Dora even turn one after he outactivate you and obeys bishop.

Times of Hamelin not doing much himself are long gone with the Plague Pit upgrade.

Personally I dont like illuminated against Hamelin as you cant put Brilliance on AnD and it easily kills them in one activation.

YMMV

@LennyB

With those restrictions Pandora seems ok as hamelin cant bring the pits so plan with killing the beaters nay work, but I still would consider Collodi

4 hours ago, Passenty said:

Yes I mean haymaker which is 7 vs 7 and can easily paralyze Dora even turn one after he outactivate you and obeys bishop.

Times of Hamelin not doing much himself are long gone with the Plague Pit upgrade.

Personally I dont like illuminated against Hamelin as you cant put Brilliance on AnD and it easily kills them in one activation.

With those restrictions Pandora seems ok as hamelin cant bring the pits so plan with killing the beaters nay work, but I still would consider Collodi

You can't obey Bishop to Haymaker, so you only get 1 shot at it. I assume you're using Obey to move bishop up the field. That's a fair number of WP duels Bishop will be failing along the way. 

Ashes needs all 3 attacks to hit, and to reach moderate on 1 of them to kill an illuminated, so I'm not sure I'd call that easy. But Illuminated are slightly hamstrung against Hamlin due to large numbers of not brilliant models. 

Are you going to have to tell your opponent which master you are using before the game? Or are you just expecting them to be using Hamlin and planning on counter building? 

In all honesty your best bet is to build a list to do what you need to do to score. 

As a Hamelin player I took a hit versus a Lucius build in Reconnoiter a while back.

The deployment was corner, I had to deploy first and it was a table with a lot of Severe so that didn't necessarily help.

The opponent took 2 Guild Pathfinders (blasts) which deployed close and were followed up quickly by Changlings copying them. It was this which caused the headache as he kept my Rat Engine and Stolen at very low levels for the first few turns and lead to my loss.