Help with Ramos 35SS tournament crew

Averru

Hi wyrdos,

not far away and im drivin to My First tournament. The Community is growin very fast But very new so its goin to be a 35ss beginners tournament. Im planing to Go with My favourite master viktor Ramos but im actually a Bit confused how to change My Standard Crew to adjust it to the specific encounters.

this is My Standard Crew:

35 SS Arcanists Crew
Ramos + 4 Pool
 - Field Generator (2)
 - Under Pressure (2)
Brass Arachnid (4)
Joss (10)
 - Bleeding Edge Tech (1)
Howard Langston (12)
Mobile Toolkit (3)

I tried mechanical Rider for Howard cause howard did not impress me like i expected - perhaps you have some impressions how to Play him right?
i also swapped the brass arachnid out to pick up combat mechanic and 2 additional Soul Stones But it also did Not really got me...what do you think about brass arachnid in 35ss?

perhaps you wyrdos Can help me: how do. you adjust your ramos Crews, Howard Or Rider - Maybe the golem? Thank you very much for your Input :)

greez
Averru

5 hours ago, Sybarite said:

Ramos likes soulstones for summoning. You're a bit light on those. I'd ditch his upgrades and get Arcane Reservoir. That gives you more resources for summoning. Not sure the 4ss aura upgrades are worth it in such a small game. I would also try to get imbued energies on Howard.

+1, this is what i would do. the more models the more worth the auras is, but with only effectively two targets + spiders i wouldn't recommend it, also because all are melee so ramos has to be too close to comfort for some masters whom really LOVE swallowing models whole. (bury guild crew, misakis killer crew)

I had the same feeling so i cuted the brass arachnid to go up to 6ss cache and took up the combat Mechanic Upgrade (Not Sure if the burning +1 upgrade isnt better?). And i have to agree, 6ss feels way better then 4!

puh, i found the +flip to Attack and def duels really really Strong and My enemies sometimes even struggled to kill spiders for Hunting party (def6 with arcing Screen really is a thing) the Problem only is that the Spiders do not do enough dmg.

though Guard the stash is Not the strategy which im worried about (although there is Hunting Party in the Pool and i have absolutely no idea how to deny it with Ramos) 

But i really Need some advice how to Build up 35ss to play collect the bounty. My idea was to pimp up all the spiders and make little killing machines out of them But then i remembered that if the Model dies because of burning it does Not count for collect the bounty :(

Is there any other good way?

44 minutes ago, Averru said:

I had the same feeling so i cuted the brass arachnid to go up to 6ss cache and took up the combat Mechanic Upgrade (Not Sure if the burning +1 upgrade isnt better?). And i have to agree, 6ss feels way better then 4!

puh, i found the +flip to Attack and def duels really really Strong and My enemies sometimes even struggled to kill spiders for Hunting party (def6 with arcing Screen really is a thing) the Problem only is that the Spiders do not do enough dmg.

though Guard the stash is Not the strategy which im worried about (although there is Hunting Party in the Pool and i have absolutely no idea how to deny it with Ramos) 

But i really Need some advice how to Build up 35ss to play collect the bounty. My idea was to pimp up all the spiders and make little killing machines out of them But then i remembered that if the Model dies because of burning it does Not count for collect the bounty :(

Is there any other good way?

i'd recommend to switch out either howard or joss for two or three smaller models, they're expensive as hell when you are playing a 35ss match, might be better off with burning aura on joss and one gunsmith and something else? just food for thought.

What about this one, you replace howard with a gunsmith (who hits amazing well) and get some upgrades. you can also throw on a imbue energies on Joss if you dont think you need 7ss cache.

The powered by flame will really help in 35ss matches because the spiders suddenly do 1 extra damage as long as the target is within 8 from Joss while also giving gunsmith :+fate:+fate on their attack flip which means you can basically focus your hand on keeping models alive instead of cheating so you don't miss.

Ramos (7ss cache)

(Arcane reservoir / Combat Mechanic) 2ss

(Field Generator) 2ss

Joss 10ss

(Powered by Flame) 2ss

Gunsmith 7ss

Mobile Toolkit 3ss

Personally I'd start each list with a core of

• Ramos
    • Arcane Reservoir
  • Joss
    • BET
  • Sue
  • Mobile Toolkit
  • ???

That list gives you 10ss to play around with.  Sue gives you an 8th card in hand plus some ranged threat (since you only summon melee models), Toolkit is to give Armor +1 to a model and then die for the scrap engine, Joss is to hold BET (Ramos can if you don't stock up on more upgrades), start the summoning engine by killing the Toolkit, and be anti-everything in melee.  The ??? is your fill model, or two if you don't need many spare stones in the game.  Could be a Performer, Ice Dancer, or Union Steamfitter if you want to place Scheme Markers near enemies, Johan if you want more healing, or a Large Arachnid (or two, dropping Joss) if you want more beef on the board.  I wouldn't take more than 1 more upgrade on Ramos, I'd take Vox Populi or Seize the Day considering the size of the games.

Langston at 35ss is really all or nothing. I've played him there before and I wouldn't encourage it unless you commit all the way; give him Imbued Energies, buff him up with Mobile Toolkit and Brass Arachnid, then sling him in last activation of turn 1 to (hopefully) mulch their crew. But if they have a way to stop him you've thrown all your eggs in one basket and really far behind.

If you are going to take Powered by Flame, double down on your Burning; Arcane Effigy's (0) and now Ramos is throwing 1-2 burning each Electrical Fire attack. There's so many nasty conditions around so Arcane Effigy could be worthwhile for that too. At that point you could even use the new upgrade that improves Electrical Fire. I can't speak with any first hand experience with that though.

I'd be comfortable rolling with:

Ramos with 6ss Cache
Under Pressure, Arcane Reservoir

Joss
Bleeding Edge Tech, Imbued Energies

Rail Worker

Mobile Toolkit

Rail Worker really, really likes Bleeding Edge Tech and Ramos' buff nearby. I think he's one of the most underrated models with Ramos can hire. 

You'd have 8ss remaining. Johan's a great choice as usual, Sue's decent if you spare a SS somewhere, Medical Automaton seems quite interesting in this list if you have it or proxy it. I would probably take Johan, or fill my cache, take another upgrade on Ramos and buy Arcane Effigy.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thottbot said:

What about this one, you replace howard with a gunsmith (who hits amazing well) and get some upgrades. you can also throw on a imbue energies on Joss if you dont think you need 7ss cache.

The powered by flame will really help in 35ss matches because the spiders suddenly do 1 extra damage as long as the target is within 8 from Joss while also giving gunsmith :+fate:+fate on their attack flip which means you can basically focus your hand on keeping models alive instead of cheating so you don't miss.

Ramos (7ss cache)

(Arcane reservoir / Combat Mechanic) 2ss

(Field Generator) 2ss

Joss 10ss

(Powered by Flame) 2ss

Gunsmith 7ss

Mobile Toolkit 3ss

Amazingly well? Gunsmith? Really?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hydranixx said:

Langston at 35ss is really all or nothing. I've played him there before and I wouldn't encourage it unless you commit all the way; give him Imbued Energies, buff him up with Mobile Toolkit and Brass Arachnid, then sling him in last activation of turn 1 to (hopefully) mulch their crew. But if they have a way to stop him you've thrown all your eggs in one basket and really far behind.

If you are going to take Powered by Flame, double down on your Burning; Arcane Effigy's (0) and now Ramos is throwing 1-2 burning each Electrical Fire attack. There's so many nasty conditions around so Arcane Effigy could be worthwhile for that too. At that point you could even use the new upgrade that improves Electrical Fire. I can't speak with any first hand experience with that though.

I'd be comfortable rolling with:

Ramos with 6ss Cache
Under Pressure, Arcane Reservoir

Joss
Bleeding Edge Tech, Imbued Energies

Rail Worker

Mobile Toolkit

Rail Worker really, really likes Bleeding Edge Tech and Ramos' buff nearby. I think he's one of the most underrated models with Ramos can hire. 

You'd have 8ss remaining. Johan's a great choice as usual, Sue's decent if you spare a SS somewhere, Medical Automaton seems quite interesting in this list if you have it or proxy it. I would probably take Johan, or fill my cache, take another upgrade on Ramos and buy Arcane Effigy.

Wow! I really like this idea. The rail Worker really looks very nice!i defintely will try this out.

only thing: is arcane Reservoir really better then field Generator? I think takin both is Not an Option cause 4ss cache is defenitely Not enough...

i often See People takin johan with well reharsed. Is this really an Auto-include? 

Yeah Arcane Reservoir is better than field generator. Way better. Ramos needs the tomes. I think Under pressure is overkill in that list. Rail worker can already get positives, so youre not gonna get 2ss worth out of that thing.
Reservoir is the only auto include on Ramos imo.

Johan with energies is nice because better threat range.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Averru said:

i often See People takin johan with well reharsed. Is this really an Auto-include? 

I don't think it's an auto-include but it is a solid upgrade. You can get a push out of it which is nice but I find that the AoE Hard to Kill effect that ignores things that ignore Har to Kill is almost always worth the points, especially when you've got models that already have hard to kill.

I think it really shines in any pool where you need to hold ground.

I've never really liked Field Generator. Usually Ramos feels like he can be doing better things with his AP and his 8+ card, not to mention putting those 2 ss elsewhere. It is probably better when you're going 50ss full mech list but here I'm not so sure at 35ss .

Arcane Reservoir is good. It slightly increases the chances of a high tome for the triple arachnid summon, but even if the 7th card you get is trash you'll always want to discard it for Rail Workers (0) Implacable Assault anyway.

Under Pressure doesn't cost you AP or a card and also has Counterspell built-in which can be clutch. It's still going to make Joss and your spiders more accurate and cover Ramos so I think it's worth it.

I'd roll Reservoir and Pressure all day at 35ss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hydranixx said:

I've never really liked Field Generator. Usually Ramos feels like he can be doing better things with his AP and his 8+ card, not to mention putting those 2 ss elsewhere. It is probably better when you're going 50ss full mech list but here I'm not so sure at 35ss .

Arcane Reservoir is good. It slightly increases the chances of a high tome for the triple arachnid summon, but even if the 7th card you get is trash you'll always want to discard it for Rail Workers (0) Implacable Assault anyway.

Under Pressure doesn't cost you AP or a card and also has Counterspell built-in which can be clutch. It's still going to make Joss and your spiders more accurate and cover Ramos so I think it's worth it.

I'd roll Reservoir and Pressure all day at 35ss.

It seems to me that the defensive buff from Arcing Screen could be even more more powerful in a lower point game. It forces your opponent to spend extra AP or other resources to remove your models which is harder on a crew with less AP to spare.

I think so too. I did not try this out But i can imagine that the def + could be more Important (and mainly annoying for the enemy:-D )

the only reason Why i think under preasure is more the way to go Here: we spent 2ss in burning for the spiders so now we should make sure that they Hit As often as possible.

but if they are dead they also cant hit anything XD i think i will try out arcing screen over under pressure and then we will se how it turns out :-)

1 hour ago, StupidOrc said:

I won 2 tournaments with this list:

Ramos (6ss cache)

(arcane reservoir) 2ss

Brass arachnid 4ss

Joss 10ss

(recharge soulstone) 1ss [if no constructs or undead expected]

Mechanical Rider 12ss

Mobile Toolkit 3ss

But outside of tournaments I try not to use it :lol:

WHat Strategies and Schemes did you Play with it and how does the Crew work? How did you do collect the bounty? (if it was in the pool?)

Is the Rider worth its 12?

since yesterday im not quite sure anymore about under pressure and field Generator. arcing Screen is only 6" and i tended to do other Things with my 3. ap...Bleeding edge tech is defenitely the Auto include for me, i found it always very very good with joss. powered by flame did not get me that hard...its really really good but the same old song: it does not help me with collect the bounty :-( and in strategies like extraction or guard the stash i really do not Need to kill anybody :-D

i defenitely have to agree: Arcane Reservoir is the only auto-include for Ramos for me :-D its so damned good!!! i also loved the rail worker, but i think he only is in the Crew if powered by flame is...

i was so damne dfascinated by johan! i first played against zoraida and thought about "hmm, i have to bring condition removal so arcane effigy is my man" but then recognzed: Johan has it too!!!! and way better :-O no tail em Points or accusation for the enemy, NICE!!!! I think if i like to bring the mech rider i have to cut Johan into an arcane effigy, i love condition removal :-D

I think in 35 ss games the brass arachnid is a bit too expensiv for me....i think that he is really really good but i think that he does not pull his weight in 35ss - maybe im only playing it wrong :-D

27 minutes ago, Averru said:

I think in 35 ss games the brass arachnid is a bit too expensiv for me....i think that he is really really good but i think that he does not pull his weight in 35ss - maybe im only playing it wrong :-D

Isn't he more likely to pull his weight in a smaller game? You have less demand on your hand, so he is more likely to be a second Howard activation. Also your opponent is less likely to have an answer. 

1 hour ago, Averru said:

WHat Strategies and Schemes did you Play with it and how does the Crew work? How did you do collect the bounty? (if it was in the pool?)

Is the Rider worth its 12?

Even after fix rider worth his 12ss :)

I didn't have collect the bounty in the pool, but I think Ramos can deny VP for enemy by creating swarms(If you have enough) - for example in one game was scheme for killing minions - so I just start making swarms becouse they are hard to remove, and all other arachnids I killed by myself:) 

Brass arachnid is extremly powerfull - force your rider make 2 models/turn, make joss attack twice and if your arachnid can't reach target - help him do so

3 hours ago, StupidOrc said:

Even after fix rider worth his 12ss :)

I didn't have collect the bounty in the pool, but I think Ramos can deny VP for enemy by creating swarms(If you have enough) - for example in one game was scheme for killing minions - so I just start making swarms becouse they are hard to remove, and all other arachnids I killed by myself:) 

Brass arachnid is extremly powerfull - force your rider make 2 models/turn, make joss attack twice and if your arachnid can't reach target - help him do so

Geeeeeze i never thought about making swarms!!! Thats a pretty nice idea! 

Hmm i See, i underrstimated the brass arachnid :-O the question then is: is it better to remove conditions like tale em (arcane effigy) or better give reactivate with brass arachnid? With Rider and Joss Maybe the arachnid is the much better choice i guess :-O

thanks very much!!!

2 hours ago, Averru said:

is it better to remove conditions like tale em (arcane effigy)

You can't remove tail 'em, or any strat/scheme based conditions outside of the rules of the strat/scheme, or at least I believe they worded everything that way. It's for things like paralyze/burning/poison/etc.

You can use it to remove slow from a summoned spider/swarm, which can be fun.