Alt Huggy

(Keenan)

What are everyone's thoughts on the model?  Will you be buying it/did you buy it and why?  Would you change it somehow?

For me, I bought it and assembled it already.  Really liking the size of it and liking it better than the tadpole, but I have more positive feelings toward the tadpole than most I think.  I'm trying to decide what it looks like: cthulu on steroids? Rampaging mutated starfish?  The only thing I would change on it would be either a Venom-esque tongue or a Xenomorph extra mouth and put some eyes on it somewhere.  Overall really like it as is though.

I love the Alt model! Not a huge fan or hater of the original. I plan to buy the model when it comes out. My female illuminated is modeled with cathulu like tentacles comming out of her mouth so it seems to fit my crew already. I like the size of the new models in neverborn. I know there may be issues with some Ht3 bigger than Ht4 models but I just think they represent the model and the scale is abstract. I always have to go by the book for LOS and elevation rules anyways. Very excited for to get the Hungering Darkness on the table and show somy Lynch love.

The base overhang is definitely a concern. Very hard to make him fit in any type of case or on the table in a lot of cases. It looks very cool, but it's on the verge of being unplayable.

That said, I still like him better than the old sculpt :) Got mine painted up as soon as I got home from GenCon so I could use him in a league the next day.

21054983_10155696385783223_3370932090495

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Philosfr said:

The base overhang is definitely a concern. Very hard to make him fit in any type of case or on the table in a lot of cases. It looks very cool, but it's on the verge of being unplayable.

That said, I still like him better than the old sculpt :) Got mine painted up as soon as I got home from GenCon so I could use him in a league the next day.

Someone's motivated! Looks great!

2 hours ago, (Keenan) said:

Overhang of the tentacles?  Or are you having problems that the feet and hand are hanging off the base?

Given how important the tentacles are to that model, and how large they are, the model has a significant portion of itself past the edge of its base.  And it's frequently going to do the "Which way can I turn my models so that there's room for this melee?" dance.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, solkan said:

Given how important the tentacles are to that model, and how large they are, the model has a significant portion of itself past the edge of its base.  And it's frequently going to do the "Which way can I turn my models so that there's room for this melee?" dance.

I agree.  I guess I just don't mind that overhang.  Makes the model seem more dynamic to me.  

On 9/8/2017 at 11:04 PM, (Keenan) said:

I agree.  I guess I just don't mind that overhang.  Makes the model seem more dynamic to me.  

On a shelf, yeah, definitely. But in a 80mm wide alley between two buildings with models based to base, there's no where to go with those tentacles :)