Where to go after shenlong

lexicanium

So I was hoping for a bit of advice on what to grab next. I am currently in possession of Brewmaster box, 3 fermented monks, 3 terracotta warriors, shenlong box, wind serpent, yamaziko, sun quiang, and toshiro. 

I plan to buy some TT brothers and then either maccabe box or yan lo box. Depending on the master I will grab either yin/izamu or some guild hounds.

Would also appreciate if yin or izamu are going to be a better call as I doubt I can fit both.

Thanks in advance :)

What kind of playstyle are you looking for? Shenlong and Brewmaster are fairly different and McCabe leans more to Shenlong while Yan Lo is rather unique.

I don't have McCabe, so it's hard to speak for him. He lives on passing upgrades to his crew and buffing them up, kind of how Shenlong can give everyone free focus or defensive.

Yan Lo lives and dies by his Chi levels which he gets from models dying and hitting severe damage on his main attack. He can then use that Chi to purchase special Ascendant upgrades which make him tankier and give him an aoe melee attack. Once he gets enough Chi, he plays more like the tanky, tarpitting Brewmaster.

Currently your models don't really include a big beatstick such as Izamu. Your threat is mainly coming from your master, which is severely lacking. Your opponent can just play around you while the rest of your models can't really put out the hurt. I don't know if he works with McCabe as I don't have McCabe, but he's pretty much an auto-include for Yan Lo if you take his Reliquary upgrade. It allows Yan Lo to resummon a killed Ancestor model such as Izamu, Yin, ...

If competitiveness is a factor in your decision making, I would most certainly go for McCabe. Yan Lo is currently considered a B-tier master at best, but that might change with the new upgrades he's getting in the new book. Then again McCabe still remains on top tier together with Shenlong and Asami.

Yan Lo also has a topic in the Rezzers forum, so be sure to check that out if you're planning on buying him.

34 minutes ago, lexicanium said:

So I was hoping for a bit of advice on what to grab next. I am currently in possession of Brewmaster box, 3 fermented monks, 3 terracotta warriors, shenlong box, wind serpent, yamaziko, sun quiang, and toshiro. 

I plan to buy some TT brothers and then either maccabe box or yan lo box. Depending on the master I will grab either yin/izamu or some guild hounds.

Would also appreciate if yin or izamu are going to be a better call as I doubt I can fit both.

Thanks in advance :)

You should get Izamu anyways, you're lacking in any real beater and Izamu is really great at that in all 3 of those crews, because each one buffs him in their own ways. Shenlong keeps him alive with heals and gives him free focus/fast, McCabe can give him Nimble(and fast with Emissary/Yu), Regenerate, or even more armor, and Yan Lo has all his ancestor synergies. The hounds will only help you with McCabe

That's a shame, I really hoped Yin was a viable alternative to Izamu as while Izamu is clearly excellent I find him a bit uninspired and boring but I guess for Yan Lo there's no way around that...

22 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

You should get Izamu anyways, you're lacking in any real beater and Izamu is really great at that in all 3 of those crews, because each one buffs him in their own ways. Shenlong keeps him alive with heals and gives him free focus/fast, McCabe can give him Nimble(and fast with Emissary/Yu), Regenerate, or even more armor, and Yan Lo has all his ancestor synergies. The hounds will only help you with McCabe